Samsung Qled Hub Bar Adverts

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
edited 5 September 2019 at 11:14PM in TV MoneySaving
I m considering buying myself a 2019 Samsung QLED 55 inch TV, probably the Q80R
.I have now found out that Samsung now use direct targeted adverts to the TV and every time I switch on I will be bombarded with someone trying to sell me something such as a funeral plan or a cruise ( I m knocking on in age ). This is awful and apparantly its not possible to switch the ads off.
Has anyone definitely got round these unwanted adverts and managed to disable it completely and permanently ?
What next ? Ads for washing powder every time I use the washing machine.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    The easiest option would be to buy a TV from someone else if it bothers you that much.

If you're still set on the Samsung then go into your routers settings and add http://ads.samsungads.com/ to the block list, that should do it.
  • mobileron
    mobileron Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Buy a sony from Richersounds free 6 year warranty and no adverts.
    You also need to consider what apps are in there stores,Sony has many more if u get the android ios.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The easiest option would be to buy a TV from someone else if it bothers you that much.

If you're still set on the Samsung then go into your routers settings and add http://ads.samsungads.com/ to the block list, that should do it.
    I m not standing for adverts every time I switch on. I have enough things from the modern era which annoy me already without spending £1500 on a telly to be targeted with seedy sales ads.
    I ve been into the local Crampton and Moore who sell Samsung smart TV s and they did nt know that Samsungs have pulled a fast one on the buying public because their TVs on display are in "Demo " mode.
    It looks like Samsungs from 2016 can have this hub bar advert added on a software update so earlier TV s can be plagued as well.
    Sony or Panasonic then for me
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Houbara wrote: »
    I m not standing for adverts every time I switch on. I have enough things from the modern era which annoy me already without spending £1500 on a telly to be targeted with seedy sales ads.
    I ve been into the local Crampton and Moore who sell Samsung smart TV s and they did nt know that Samsungs have pulled a fast one on the buying public because their TVs on display are in "Demo " mode.
    It looks like Samsungs from 2016 can have this hub bar advert added on a software update so earlier TV s can be plagued as well.
    Sony or Panasonic then for me

You're aware that any smart TV could have this added at any time though?
  • niktheguru
    niktheguru Posts: 1,476 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've got a samsung telly, can't say i've ever been that bothered by the odd unobtrusive tiny advert that appears on the smart bar occasionally. It certainly isn't massive in your face advertising.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure