Surprise for Fiance

Hi all!

I am getting married to my Fiance in July 2020 and whilst i have a little input, she is largely planning it. I am thinking of planning or doing something as a surprise for her, but am coming up with blanks. One definite no is fireworks, as she doesn't like them!

Any suggestions welcome!
Not an expert, but like pensions, tax questions and giving guidance. There is no substitute for tailored financial advice.

Comments

• PrettyKittyKat
    PrettyKittyKat Posts: 1,270 Forumite
    Do you want a surprise at the wedding itself? Or a surprise gift to give her?
  • Do you want a surprise at the wedding itself? Or a surprise gift to give her?

A surprise at the wedding itself!
    Not an expert, but like pensions, tax questions and giving guidance. There is no substitute for tailored financial advice.
  • 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    My husband swapped our wedding vows to those that joey wrote for Monica and chandler in Friends.... My favourite TV show.
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
  • suejb2
    suejb2 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Does she like a particular band or type of music , maybe hire a singer or group for a few tunes.

A magician

A caricature artist

You choose the theme for the tables if she’s not done one already.

Learn a dance routine or flash mob her.
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
  • I tried to contact my partners favourite band to see if they might record a message or sign a card or something and they didnt even respond :( Would have been nice.
  • Kojak12
    Kojak12 Posts: 70 Forumite
    Congratulations! I think Suejb2's idea of a Magician is great. We experienced it at a friends wedding and it was brilliant and also very funny. Of course, it depends on your fiance and which Magician you chose. We saw this guy - Chris Peskett he has great reviews so it wasn't just me who thought he was good! However, this might be more of a gift for your guests than your spouse.

Another idea is to upgrade something for her as a surprise like the wedding car, my Dad did that for me and it was lovely. My husband took me to a swanky hotel for the wedding night with a huge bed and big bath - we were too exhausted for any shenanigans but a long soak and good mattress were greatly appreciated. I got my hubby a hardback photobook printed for my wedding - a story of us if you like. Photobox does some fab high-quality ones and you can annotate with funny quotes, song lyrics etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure