Car park space on house title deeds

Hi
I’m looking for some advice. My property has an allocated car park space on the title deeds. Other residents frequently park in my space despite a private parking sign on it.
What are my rights? Is this a private issue? Can I involve the police? (I feel that would be wasting valuable police resources)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Jahfb wrote: »
    Hi
    I’m looking for some advice. My property has an allocated car park space on the title deeds. Other residents frequently park in my space despite a private parking sign on it.
    What are my rights? Is this a private issue? Can I involve the police? (I feel that would be wasting valuable police resources)

Thanks in advance

It's a private matter.

If you are on speaking terms with your neighbours who are parking there, then have a polite word with them if, explaining it is your parking space and help them identify theirs if necessary.

If you are in a residents association, maybe have a word with them to remind residents they should use their own parking spaces.

If all else fails, place a polite notice on cars parked in your parking space explaining the situation and requesting they refrain from parking space.
    Perhaps include a plan of which places are allocated to which property.
  • Thanks
    I’m going with the post as no one seems to know who the car belongs to
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    A post is the most frequent and effective suggestion given on the Parking Board for people in your situation.
  • NutWorld
    NutWorld Posts: 57 Forumite
    Jahfb wrote: »
    Thanks
    I’m going with the post as no one seems to know who the car belongs to

One post may not be sufficient.
    Here someone managed to get by with half a dozen, but they had the advantage of having a corner plot.

MSE-parkingposts.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport