Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • AlphaCentauri
    • By AlphaCentauri 9th Apr 18, 4:04 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Bath Leak/Flood damage Estimate in my flat
    • #1
    • 9th Apr 18, 4:04 PM
    Bath Leak/Flood damage Estimate in my flat 9th Apr 18 at 4:04 PM
    Unfortunately, there's been a couple of accidents with water leaks in my flat - a flooded bathroom and a long term undetected slow leak in the kitchen in the last year. This has affected the 1st floor flat below me.

    I'm trying to avoid landlord involvement and so want to get an assessment from a surveyor. If the problems are more fundamental, then I may have no choice but to inform the landlord.

    What'd be the approximate price for an assessment?

    Would the surveyor have to pull up the vinyl matting on the bathroom floor and the carpet outside the bathroom door to check the floorboards?
Page 1
    • phill99
    • By phill99 11th Apr 18, 3:36 PM
    • 8,734 Posts
    • 7,988 Thanks
    • #2
    • 11th Apr 18, 3:36 PM
    • #2
    • 11th Apr 18, 3:36 PM
    Why do you need a surveyor?

    A decent builder will advise as to what is required.
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,725Posts Today

8,440Users online

Martin's Twitter