Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • scruffyone
    • By scruffyone 6th Jun 17, 3:02 PM
    • 321Posts
    • 11Thanks
    scruffyone
    out of date Canadian currency
    • 6th Jun 17, 3:02 PM
    out of date Canadian currency 6th Jun 17 at 3:02 PM
    I have some out of date Canadian dollars and want to convert it to either current Canadian dollars or sterling. I am having difficulty trying to find out how this can be done. Apparently the Canadian Banks do not know and have referred me to the Canadian High Commission, they seem reluctant to answer the phone as I have tried them several times. I am asked to record a message or hold on for the advisor but then the line clicks dead.

Can anyone help me with this.

Thankyou.
Page 1
    • SueMaggie
    • By SueMaggie 6th Jun 17, 3:08 PM
    • 1,991 Posts
    • 83,908 Thanks
    SueMaggie
    • 6th Jun 17, 3:08 PM
    • 6th Jun 17, 3:08 PM
    If you're in the London area or planning to visit at any point, this company has currency conversion machines at some airports, stations etc. Their FAQs say they accept some old notes.

http://www.fourex.co.uk/

I have no experience of using this, just remember reading about it recently and thought it was worth mentioning.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 7th Jun 17, 10:33 AM
    • 9,575 Posts
    • 10,098 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 7th Jun 17, 10:33 AM
    • 7th Jun 17, 10:33 AM
    Why not help yourself by posting in the Currency Forum?

This forum is for people affected by the failure of a specific company some years ago.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

142Posts Today

2,051Users online

Martin's Twitter