Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    cottonhead
    Extreme couponing !
    • 29th Dec 11, 7:17 AM
    Extreme couponing ! 29th Dec 11 at 7:17 AM
    Has anyone seen the TV show Extreme couponing ?! I thought it was going to be a joke but watched it last night and couldnt believe it. One woman had a bill of over $1800 and after handing in all her coupons she paid just $43 !! Another got hundreds of dollars of shopping for free! The balance at the till was minus something so she picked up a chocolate bar for the people in the queue behind her just so the supermarket didnt 'win' !
    I am ashamed to say I have never used a coupon but this made me want to try. Maybe it works differently in the US though - I can't see us getting 300 of free shopping from Tesco !
Page 6
  • couponqueen123
    where do you watch this show bet ill end up wanting to move to america
  • mummyD
    Extreme couponing uk
    Originally posted by couponqueen123
    couponqueen123 Its on sky - Discovery real time. Its on all the time, makes me SOOOO jealous!!

So how do you become a coupon queen any tips??
    • Soworried
    • By Soworried 7th Sep 12, 10:46 AM
    • 2,150 Posts
    • 19,994 Thanks
    Soworried
    I don't have a TV, is available to watch online at all?
    36/240
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
    • abailey54
    • By abailey54 7th Sep 12, 11:37 AM
    • 1,561 Posts
    • 19,735 Thanks
    abailey54
    I love that programme too

I wish it was possible in this country, I get really jealous of those people, they all have bigger houses to put their 'stock' in too...it's not going to make me move there though
    Final cigarette smoked 02/01/18
    Weight loss 2017 28lbs
    Weight gain 2018 8lbs
  • only50
    I am addicted to extreme couponing too, great tv!
  • mummyD
    I think I have hit a wall with it now. Found two today and they wont print hahaha I think I should give up
    • cheerfulness4
    • By cheerfulness4 7th Sep 12, 1:10 PM
    • 2,823 Posts
    • 25,405 Thanks
    cheerfulness4
    Youtube have some episodes of it, Soworried.
    • Soworried
    • By Soworried 7th Sep 12, 1:11 PM
    • 2,150 Posts
    • 19,994 Thanks
    Soworried
    Youtube have some episodes of it, Soworried.
    Originally posted by cheerfulness4
    Thankyou. My TV has packed up and it is brand new, they have taken it away to repair. It is such a pain.
    36/240
    • cheerfulness4
    • By cheerfulness4 7th Sep 12, 2:48 PM
    • 2,823 Posts
    • 25,405 Thanks
    cheerfulness4
    Thankyou. My TV has packed up and it is brand new, they have taken it away to repair. It is such a pain.
    Originally posted by Soworried
    You're welcome. Of course I've just spent the last hour or so watching Extreme coupons and the housework is glaring at me reproachfully.
    Might ignore it and enjoy another hour!
    • Soworried
    • By Soworried 7th Sep 12, 5:14 PM
    • 2,150 Posts
    • 19,994 Thanks
    Soworried
    You're welcome. Of course I've just spent the last hour or so watching Extreme coupons and the housework is glaring at me reproachfully.
    Might ignore it and enjoy another hour!
    Originally posted by cheerfulness4
    Plug in head phones and close your eyes.
    36/240
  • PORTER75
    Im addicted to watching Extreme couponing US, so recently decided to give couponing in the uk a go.

After using -

groupon.co.uk
    myvouchercodes.co.uk
    hotukdeals.com
    vouchercodes.co.uk
    voucherseeker.co.uk

I finding it hard to find anything even like the coupons they get in the US

(Oh i did find coupons for Morrison but as they were nearly 12 months out of date that didnt help me much )

Please can someone help put me on the right path.
    Are there people in the uk even couponing??
    Originally posted by mummyD
    Hi there

just wanted to say i am the same as you and completly addicted to the program aswell, and cant understand why we dont know why coupons are not available over here in the uk, if you think how many children are on the poverty line, if these were available to us then i dont think we would have kids going hungry, i think the supermarkets and partialally the goverment need to do something but where to start, i have no idea.
    do you have any ideas
    Michelle
    • zaleska3
    • By zaleska3 16th Sep 12, 8:13 PM
    • 283 Posts
    • 2,047 Thanks
    zaleska3
    There are loads of ways to get hold of coupons. The coupon thread on here as linked in a previous post is a great base. Then you have Facebook offers and others sites (as above), and also check out the freebies board on MSE as in many cases a sample will be sent with a coupon attached.
    I send complimentary emails to some of my favourite companies and also make sure I complain when there has been a genuine issue with a product. I've received lots of manufacturer coupons from doing this.
    Its unlikely you will ever get close to the USA's savings percentages but it's fun trying!
    One last thing, get every loyalty card you can get your hands on and make sure you use it religiously. Combining special offers, coupons and loyalty card points can significantly reduce your shopping bill!
  • davidian84
    "they disclosed in small print that the stores basically throw out their policies for these people because of free or sponsored advertising. So any regular shopper will not get these deals. "

Even if that isnt true its oneoff stores only, not all of america, and will have ended due to the publicity the show has caused.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/consumertips/8923564/Meet-Britains-queen-of-extreme-couponing.html

list several glitches off here over last few years, the asda guarentee glitch at the minute is saving people money
    Last edited by davidian84; 17-09-2012 at 3:39 AM.
  • SEE
    extreme couponing
    Is it possible to utilise coupons in the UK to achieve results like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMgEn1tl3C0
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Halifax, taking the Xtra since 1853:rolleyes:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    • Towser
    • By Towser 8th Dec 12, 2:14 PM
    • 1,287 Posts
    • 2,333 Thanks
    Towser
    ok I'm ready to do extreme couponing but I think my interest is in food, Newbie where do I start?

I had an Aldi 5 off a 35 pound shop and I'm hooked.

I also did the Tesco money off diesel.

So food and diesel. I need more coupons.
    • cickly
    • By cickly 18th Jul 13, 8:12 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 3,728 Thanks
    cickly
    I love watching extreme couponing and like anyone else, I like good coupon bargain! However, as a checkout operator at a large supermarket I have to say that with the current rules and restrictions you are never going to get the same percentage savings as the shoppers on EC.
    Almost all coupons are restricted to one per transaction, and you have to buy the actual products on the coupon to get your money off. I wish 100% savings were possible but I don't think they are without cheating.
    While I'm here, I might have a little rant about customers who come to my till with coupons. For a start, don't have ago at the checkout person if your coupon hasn't worked because you've bought the wrong size or wrong brand. Make sure to read the small print carefully. Also it makes it easier for everyone if you separate the coupons before you get to the till. I don't mind checking all your coupons, but if I have to tear them up as well, and you have thousands, well that's just a waste of everyone's time. I could go on and on, but I'll stop here!
    • ScarletRaven
    • By ScarletRaven 20th Jul 13, 9:03 PM
    • 382 Posts
    • 1,197 Thanks
    ScarletRaven
    I love watching extreme couponing and like anyone else, I like good coupon bargain! However, as a checkout operator at a large supermarket I have to say that with the current rules and restrictions you are never going to get the same percentage savings as the shoppers on EC.
    Almost all coupons are restricted to one per transaction, and you have to buy the actual products on the coupon to get your money off. I wish 100% savings were possible but I don't think they are without cheating.
    While I'm here, I might have a little rant about customers who come to my till with coupons. For a start, don't have ago at the checkout person if your coupon hasn't worked because you've bought the wrong size or wrong brand. Make sure to read the small print carefully. Also it makes it easier for everyone if you separate the coupons before you get to the till. I don't mind checking all your coupons, but if I have to tear them up as well, and you have thousands, well that's just a waste of everyone's time. I could go on and on, but I'll stop here!
    Originally posted by cickly
    I tend to find most coupons are 'one per product' rather than 'one per transaction' (as a customer and an ex-operator, this is the majority of the coupons I tend to come across).

We may not be able to get 100% savings, but I coupon every week and often manage to get between 50-70% savings - all legit, no cheating, all the right products etc. If you know how to be a savvy shopper/couponer, you really can save loads
  • Jarbuhu
    I just find couponing to be incredibly overwhelming. I have tried to find good items, but after looking for hours it is just a discouragement. It would be nice to have plenty stocked up for an emergency like they do on the show, but I can't imagine every getting to that point.
    • LushesFaith
    • By LushesFaith 27th Jul 13, 2:39 PM
    • 97 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    LushesFaith
    Originally posted by couponqueen123
    TLC show this show now. they even show people who do it for charity so all they get they simply give away all they do not need and many times all the shopping haul
  • dasophster
    TLC show this show now. they even show people who do it for charity so all they get they simply give away all they do not need and many times all the shopping haul
    Originally posted by LushesFaith
    A lot of those on the show who give their hauls to charity have also been exposed as using mass quantities of fake coupons on the show too-a bit like robbing Peter to pay Paul don't you think? Xx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,245Posts Today

8,761Users online

Martin's Twitter