Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lavinia21
    • By lavinia21 18th Apr 11, 3:48 PM
    • 276Posts
    • 1,977Thanks
    lavinia21
    extreme couponing
    • 18th Apr 11, 3:48 PM
    extreme couponing 18th Apr 11 at 3:48 PM
    HI All,

Have just seen a new programme advertised on discovery realtime it's called Extreme Couponing looks like it may be worth a look. Now sure if it's just in America or here in the UK too. We may get some good ideas of it. NO date set as yet to when it will be aired but I would say it should start sometime within the next couple of weeks.
Page 4
    • cootuk
    • By cootuk 2nd Dec 11, 2:10 AM
    • 853 Posts
    • 1,743 Thanks
    cootuk
    my little log of bargains...I keep a monthly record of the glitches/freebies etc I've had and it works out roughly tripling in value the actual money I've spent.
    Most of the offers are grabbed from off here, and don't just get any old tat just because it is cheap or free.
  • miss piggy19
    Where can i get vouchers
    Watched the fab penny pinching programme on channel 4 last night and was inspired by Judith who seems to do all her weekly shop with vouchers. I want to know where on earth does she get them all from?? for instance she had vouchers for bread and had loads. Does anyone know where to get vouchers that i can use in the supermarkets.
    • Cherryjack
    • By Cherryjack 4th Dec 11, 3:16 PM
    • 1,103 Posts
    • 4,139 Thanks
    Cherryjack
    I would like to know aswell.. anyone?x
  • onetomany
    me to i found this http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3628257
    • alibo100
    • By alibo100 4th Dec 11, 7:56 PM
    • 98 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    alibo100
    Ultimate Pennypinchers -C4 - Vouchers
    Hi All,

Did any of you watch Channel 4's Ultimate Penny Pinchers?

There was a woman on there who had lots of supermarket vouchers she used to reduce her shopping.

Where do you find these vouchers? The ones I find are only a few pence off things I never buy, is there a tactic to this? Can anyone tell me if its worthwhile?
    • Lynsey
    • By Lynsey 4th Dec 11, 8:04 PM
    • 9,257 Posts
    • 31,991 Thanks
    Lynsey
    Hi All,

Did any of you watch Channel 4's Ultimate Penny Pinchers?

There was a woman on there who had lots of supermarket vouchers she used to reduce her shopping.

Where do you find these vouchers? The ones I find are only a few pence off things I never buy, is there a tactic to this? Can anyone tell me if its worthwhile?
    Originally posted by alibo100
    You can find the coupons right on MSE HERE - read the 1st page and there is actually a shopping list showing where to combine coupons with the best prices for maximum effect - sometime free and sometimes they actually pay you to take the stuff away.

Is it worthwhile?? I'm a newbie really, only 4 months or so and I've saved hundreds of pounds and have stock in cupboards now to last a year with some stuff, especially on household goods - you decide if it's worth it.

Good luck.

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target 600 - (x21)
    No. 6 Total 740.00 - No. 7 1000.00 - No. 8 875.00 - No. 9 700.00 (target met)
    • alibo100
    • By alibo100 4th Dec 11, 8:35 PM
    • 98 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    alibo100
    Hi Lynsey,

Thanks, I'm a newbie too and I have to say does sound worth it! I will check out the thread, I was looking but couldn't find it
  • NewCustomerOnly
    me too, thanks, I need to subscribe to that thread! Although I ll have to think about petrol - I believe that lady cycled to each supermarket lol!
    • alibo100
    • By alibo100 4th Dec 11, 9:01 PM
    • 98 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    alibo100
    me too, thanks, I need to subscribe to that thread! Although I ll have to think about petrol - I believe that lady cycled to each supermarket lol!
    Originally posted by NewCustomerOnly

How do you subscribe? Sounds like it takes a lot of time though if you really get into it!
  • NewCustomerOnly
    on the drop down menu where it says notifications - underneath posts
  • carpediem11176
    I completely agree with Lynsey, it's totally worth while using vouchers! I've paid about 50% of what I usually paid for every shop I've done since checking out (and researching) vouchers here - takes a bit of time but is a great way to save loads of money. Check out the thread with the coupons here on MSE http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3628257
    Good luck and happy couponing!
    P.S. Careful coz it's absolutely addictive! XxX
  • klemutot
    Do supermarkets still accept coupons even for items you have not bought?
  • Best price
    Sorry not any more
  • onetomany
    bumping anyone?
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 5th Dec 11, 9:06 AM
    • 17,977 Posts
    • 215,446 Thanks
    mhoc
    if a Tesco stores accepts once of their own price match vouchers - a JTD voucher does that store get its money back?
    • nic_santorini
    • By nic_santorini 5th Dec 11, 9:56 PM
    • 783 Posts
    • 1,079 Thanks
    nic_santorini
    I watched that coupon programme on the tv last week and I have to say, I can not print more than my share of coupons, the programme recognises my IP address and I would suggest that the extreme form of couponing really airs on the side of fraud. Bit of a party pooper I guess. How she finds all those 'free' coupons is beyond me, I am always looking.

Also, my supermarkets would never allow that many coupons. Would yours? Think they did this for the TV!!
    Food and Smellies Shop target 50 pw - managed average of 49 per week in 2013 down to 38.90 per week in 2016
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,358Posts Today

9,044Users online

Martin's Twitter