Get paid £7 to check your credit report for free

Options
123457»

Comments

• gogsboy
    gogsboy Posts: 527 Forumite
    Options
    HM-Yorks wrote: »
    They have an email address [EMAIL="CustomerService@CreditExpert.co.uk"]CustomerService@CreditExpert.co.uk[/EMAIL] which I've used. Mind you I did get a reply saying I had to ring them! When I couldn't get through again I sent an email saying if they needed more details they should let me know what and if I didn't hear within 7 days I'd assume they had sufficient information to complete my request.

That should I think be sufficient evidence of cancellation.

I put that to the test also, they take an age to reply and when they do, like you say they want you to call.

In my email I highlighted how difficult it was to be able to talk to someone and they came back with a suggestion of trying outwith their quoted busy time, when in actual fact every time I called, it was outwith these times.

So if they struggle to answer when it's their quiet times I don't fancy attempting to get through when it's busy.
  • Sammyantha
    Sammyantha Posts: 636 Forumite
    Options
    The freephone number to cancel has now changed - you can use 0800 5610083 instead

Signed up for the free trial only to be told it will take up to 2 days for "further checks"!! I have no intention of giving them any more information about me. It's the first time in over 10 years I've mustered up the courage to try and check my file, and i certainly won't be doing it again!

Rang them immediately to say please cancel and some chap named Benjie who refused to give a last name, stated that no charges will be levied against me as i don't have an account with them as yet. I asked how i could get confirmation of this and he said they don't give confirmation but assured me i would not be charged.

Should i still write a letter to cancel just in case?

All i did was fill out all my details and request the file, then read the notice about it taking up to 2 days to process, then phoned to cancel.

I am not on the electoral roll (and don't plan to be), i assume this is why they needed "further checks". Is there any other way to see your credit file?:(
    The only thing we know for sure, is that we know nothing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport