Arval lease car charges

Comments

• Hello Adrian

There have sent me some photos over. The assessor used some kind of dent detector/mirror gadget. The photos that the assessor has taken do not correspond to photos I have taken of the vehicle the day before.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 November 2018 at 12:01PM
    gavkim123 wrote: »
    There have sent me some photos over. The assessor used some kind of dent detector/mirror gadget. The photos that the assessor has taken do not correspond to photos I have taken of the vehicle the day before.
    There are three possible basic explanations for this.

1. They are much better at looking for these things than you.
    2. Between it being collected from you and their formal examination, it was parked in the supermarket car park from hell.
    3. They are deliberately defrauding you, with photos of a completely different car.

I know which I think is most likely.

Since you've previously said...
    The car has general wear the odd scratch hear and there
    ...my initial suspicion becomes even more likely. Remember, it's their car, and always has been. The resale value will be impacted with damage. You have rose-tinted glasses on. They are inspecting it under proper lighting.
  • Moral of story is don't leave wife to deal with handing car back. Always be there yourself and watch the inspector inspect the car, don't go back in the house.
  • What action by law could i appeal this. I have read that i can get an independant assessor out for a re survey.
    I can get the full car re sprayed for half the value of the charges.

For example £195 to re spray the inside of my car door which is a little un fair.

10mm dent to the door charge £195
  • thanks for the negative feedback :beer:
  • AdrianC
    A one grand respray will be appalling quality, and would incur rectification charges on return.

Anyway, the time to get your own work done on the car was before it was returned, not after.
  • Most of the scratches just need a little touch up nothing major
  • AdrianC
    Sounds like you're now agreeing that they were there, and do fall outside the BVRLA guidelines...

In which case, pay up.
  • JP1978
    JP1978 Posts: 527 Forumite
    Most of the scratches just need a little touch up nothing major

If someone borrowed your car for a few weeks and returned with the damage on and cited 'nothing major' - would you just wave them on and get your touch up stick out?

Or, would you be seething and worry about the resale value when you came to sell it with this damage on?

See where I am coming from?
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    edited 10 November 2018 at 1:27PM
    What action by law could i appeal this. I have read that i can get an independant assessor out for a re survey.

For example £195 to re spray the inside of my car door which is a little un fair.

10mm dent to the door charge £195
    Not back to suitable standard you couldn't.

At the end of the day you can formally dispute the charges with the lease company, 9 times out of 10 they'll probably reduce the charges, but if you're still not happy or if they stay firm then you can use the BVRLA conciliation service. You will need to provide clear evidence that the lease co. inspector's findings go against the accepted BVRLA guidelines, not just your own, unqualified opinions.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure