PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2018 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Comments

• stellata
    stellata Posts: 326 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    133, soda siphon, to friend
    134, tech extension lead, to charity shop
    135 another bag of papers burned
    136 huge box of flattened cardboard boxes out for recycling
    137, bag of paper, notebooks to freegle
    138 doggy!!!8217;s old collar in bin, bought a new one.
    Magnolia Stellata
  • tboo
    tboo Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    A cardboard box with recycling is all I could muster.

Only managed ^^^ today as been at work and tired/lazy and want to watch trolls with DD (Not that that's an excuse)
    “You’re only here for a short visit.
    Don’t hurry, don't worry and be sure to smell the flowers along the way.”
    Walter Hagen

365 Day 1p Challenge for 2021 #41 ✅
    Jar £440.31/£667.95 and Bank £389.67/£667.95

• Thanks Edwink for the tip about out of date veg seeds Do birds eat flower seeds? I have a whole drawerful.
    103 warm cary to CS- I don't like the colour
    104 another similar colour very think and a pain to dry.
    105-109pairs of worn out manky gardening gloves
    110pile of used white envelopes -no idea I had these or why
    111 pile of unused postcards from holidays going back years
    112 pile of unused birthday cards with above to CS
    Flushed with success with cards I am going to attempt to get two pretty boxes worth into one. When out and about ,if I see a pretty card I buy it and then look through my stash when I need one,but as we all know they do all accumulate.
  • bit_by_bit
    bit_by_bit Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Another bag of stuff out. This time loo rolls and plastic trays for the allotment. Now 14 bags
    Wife, mother, gardener, nurse, Big C survivor. Officially retired at 55 2021 [/b][/b].Mortgage free April 2021Challenges 2024: Decluttering Campaign 32/100 bags plus 0 large items. Make £2024 in 2024#8 £0/£2024 Using my craft stash 0/52 Reading books 0/52 Donations for the CS/washing done from others (in and outs) in 2024 x 10 bags and 0 large items.
  • edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Thanks Edwink for the tip about out of date veg seeds Do birds eat flower seeds? I have a whole drawerful.

As long as they are small enough and not whole sunflower seeds because they can't eat the husks apparently. Although saying that its funny when I have planted sunflower seeds in my garden they get dug up by the pigeons and eaten. The ones I threw on the garden were really tiny seeds like carrot and leeks. Mr & Mrs blackbird and the Robins went for those.

HTH

Have done some more decluttering today but not much so will list those later in the week when I have gathered some more to go.

Edwink
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
  • That's it exactly!!! I've bags of wool and rolls of fabric up stairs 'rescued' from my mothers.

:rotfl: A colleague had to help someone clear out a haberdashery shop upon retirement. She sent me a message asking if I wanted any yarn (luckily I don't sew as well). Had to sit on my hands and give myself a good talking-to not to reply that 'perhaps I would pop round just to have a look'. :)
  • 668 to 670 Keyrings / bag charms

And back to list some more - plenty of work being done chez unicorn :)
    671 Small bundle of holey socks, gloves and tights - bin
    672 to 677 2 x clothing, purse, 3 x keyrings to charity shop
    678 to 689 12 x clothing - ragbags
    690 to 695 Books to CS
    696 to 698 3 pairs shoes - 1 ragbags, 2 bin
    699 to 701 3 x clothing CS
    702 Old photo album - bin
    703 Mini toy hamper - CS (although contents binned as chipped/cracked)
    704 to 705 Games, broken - plastic contents to bin, cardboard packaging recycled
    706 Pop-up book with dress-up dolls - dismantled - bin and recycling
    707 Bead craft kit - CS
    708 to 716 9 books to CS
    717 Storage tin
    718 to 771 ppw items/ posters
    772 Dried-up blu-tac
    773 to 807 (From DD) 35 items of rubbish
    808 to 812 (From DD) 5 items to recycle
    813 to 815 (From DD) 3 folders
    816 Book to CS
    817 to 821 5 pairs of knitting needles (boxed) to CS
    822 Jewellery box to CS
    823 Hallowe'en bucket to CS
    824 to 828 Highlighter pens, dried up - bin
    829 Make-up item - bin
    830 to 837 Fashion jewellery, some broken - bin
    838 Keyring - broken - bin
    839 Cosmetics - sold on EBay, posted
    840 to 842 Shower gel -used up and bottles recycled.
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edwink wrote: »
    As long as they are small enough and not whole sunflower seeds because they can't eat the husks apparently. Although saying that its funny when I have planted sunflower seeds in my garden they get dug up by the pigeons and eaten.

I buy bird seed for garden birds from my local RSPB centre and often get sunflower seeds with husks - empty husks below feeders:cool:

I am not counting individual items......too many! But trips to book and clothing weigh in,CS and Recycle centre this week. Also fed the log burner with loads of paper work and photos of places and people I can't remember :D
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    233-252 old socks either odd ones or old pairs with holes in that had become rough.
    253 a sample of of shampoo- yet another one but with many more to come.
    254- 256 DH jumpers to charity shop.
  • Hope i am not too late to join in. I have spent years browsing the forums but never really done much posting or joined any of the challenges. I have decided that this year i am going to get stuck in really challenge myself.

My fiance and i live in a decent sized 4 bedroom detached house but we have already outgrown it so this looked like a pretty good challenge for me to start with.

I have already sold a few bits on eBay this year and have some bags of old clothes ready to go to the charity shop so will count them up when i get home from work later and post my first tally of what i have gotten rid of so far.
    LBM (14th February 2018) - £38,281.81 / DFD: February 2023
    Debt as of 28th February 2018 - £37,976.17 (0.8%)

Mortgage (Started June 2014) - £164,443.85/£171,000 / MFD: June 2049
    Declutter 2018 in 2018 Challenge - 100/2018
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family