Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Happy Birthday Marmite :beer:

JTS (((X)))
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    scamps1966 wrote: »
    I don't think it has tablet mode.

It's a Sony Vaio model PCG-71911M

All the system restores have gone also apart from windows update at 2am this morning. When I tried to restore to that point it said it couldn't due to antivirus. Could that be it?

But then, I was up until 5am chatting to a mate on skype and then used it again at 10am with no problem.

I was in the middle of writing an email when it dissapeared!

I had an update this morning but I didn't lose my cursor

Can you uninstall the last updates and see what happens ?
  • Westvleteren
    Westvleteren Posts: 4,489 Forumite
    edited 9 May 2018 at 8:14PM
    gocat wrote: »
    Aawww no thats bought me back down to earth with a bump :eek:
    Perhaps I need to drop into a couple of Boots and weigh myself to see which ones are accurate. Mine or GPs lol

Don't place your happiness in a number :)

Easier just to stick to one set of scales and not to muddy the waters.

I was at the hospital back in Jan, and now I don'teven trust them to stick to the tape measure on the wall correctly to measure height! She read out the number and I'm like no way have I lost an inch and half, she says oh don'tworry we only worry when you've lost 3! Needless to say I went home and measured myself accurately and I was the height I said I was. She didn't seem to care that it screwed up their calculations.
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

• HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Happy Birthday marmie x
  • scamps1966
    scamps1966 Posts: 5,648 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    tweets wrote: »
    I had an update this morning but I didn't lose my cursor

Can you uninstall the last updates and see what happens ?

Just tried that. Still the same. :(
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 9 May 2018 at 8:06PM
    tweets wrote: »
    Last saw mum on Monday and she not walking :(

Will be going tomorrow so will have an update then :)

Hope you get some positive news xx
    I don't think it has tablet mode.

Edit - It has, I just searched for it. But all looks ok. It has to ask my permission to switch.

It's a Sony Vaio model PCG-71911M

All the system restores have gone also apart from windows update at 2am this morning. When I tried to restore to that point it said it couldn't due to antivirus. Could that be it?

But then, I was up until 5am chatting to a mate on skype and then used it again at 10am with no problem.

I was in the middle of writing an email when it dissapeared!

System Restore does not always show all the possible resets at once, there is tickbox that says show more restore points. Worryingly though I only seem to have two there now :eek:

It's weird how it just went, really don't know what to suggest!

Shame, my last one was a Sony Vaio and I really liked it. Yours must be at least 4 years old, not doing too bad for it's age. It could be that you turn it off today, turn it back on tomorrow and it is simply back.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • scamps1966
    scamps1966 Posts: 5,648 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Hope you get some positive news xx

System Restore does not always show all the possible resets at once, there is tickbox that says show more restore points. Worryingly though I only seem to have two there now :eek:

It's weird how it just went, really don't know what to suggest!

Shame, my last one was a Sony Vaio and I really liked it. Yours must be at least 4 years old, not doing too bad for it's age. It could be that you turn it off today, turn it back on tomorrow and it is simply back.
    Yes, I ticked the box but there was nothing there. Years ago you could go back months to a restore!

Yes it is old but I've never had a problem when I bought it secondhand just over 2 years ago.

Perhaps I'll have to dig out the old lappy that someone on here gave me a few years ago.. :)
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Yes, I ticked the box but there was nothing there. Years ago you could go back months to a restore!

Yes it is old but I've never had a problem when I bought it secondhand just over 2 years ago.

Perhaps I'll have to dig out the old lappy that someone on here gave me a few years ago.. :)

I like Windows 10 but it seems to be designed to let MS do whatever they want with it, you can't easily block updates now and the lack of restore points is ridiculous.

Hopefully it will be alright after it has had a good sulk. Other than that, perhaps worth posting on the techie board?
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • sarahskint
    sarahskint Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    other superdrug bargains from today
    juice burst drinks carrot and orange down to 12p
    relentless large can cherry 34p
    red bull orange edition 34p
    ritter sport marzipan 50p
    rittersport hazelnut 50p
    starburst £1 marked packs to 25p
    skittles price marked pack 50p
    nivea soft day cream £1.50
    garnier face masks three different ones, yellow/red/green all to 37p
    fudge mens hair jelly 70p

I never saw the tickets this morning as was in for last shift but I always check whats been reduced from the previous weeks. Style freedom not reduced today but I will scan it tomorrow morning along with always silk if we stock it. Terrible start to the weeks star buys as we haven't any of the fragrance left in our store I sold it all last week while it was on bogohp lol :D
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post

or get a cheap plug in mouse
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport