PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2018 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Good evening everyone
    been offline for a few days because laptop playing up. Can you please record a goal of £140 for Highland Fling. Thankyou
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Can you put me down (literally :rotfl:) for £120 again for Nov? I've completely lost track of my Oct spends as have been I'll, but will be under budget, as I've hardly eaten :(
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • MrsD18
    MrsD18 Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi all, please may I join in? I have just officially left my job following maternity leave so we are now reliant on my husband's wage (eek!).

Could you please put me down for £300 for the calendar month? This is for me, my husband & our 9 month old. No idea what we are spending at the moment but looking at all our bills and my husband's earnings, this is the very most we can realistically afford. Excited to get everything under control!
  • Can I join in please? Can you put me down for £300 for November?

I have been trying to reduce our spends for the last few months and think I need something to keep me accountable! The washing machine has just died unexpectedly (is it ever expected :rotfl:) and the food is the only budget with any room to give. Meal planning really helps, I just need to stop nipping to the shop during the week now, thats my downfall.

I really cant believe its almost November already!
  • YorksLass
    YorksLass Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Thanks for the new thread elsiepac (wow, November is nearly upon us - where did the rest of the year go?). Welcome to newbies and :hello: to regulars and returners.

I'm in again please for £175 (two adults, groceries only) to run from Oct 28th to 1st Dec. A 5-week month for us and already tight! :eek: Went over in October by £13.25 and, as that money came out of another "pot" it will need to be replaced so Week 1 will have to be very non-spendy. :D
    Be kind to others and to yourself too.
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,761 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks for the thread Elsiepac. I'm still in October budget wise but November will be a 4 week month for me so I will be aiming to come in at £200 or lower. This is for me and my 13 year old son (14 a week on Sunday). My son is 6 inches taller than me but he's not that interested in food so he's not expensive to keep :rotfl: When I joined this forum many, many moons ago he was known as Grumpy the House Elf but then the teenage years happened so he's the House Troll now or the HT for short.

I would also like to try and post more here. I may try posting what I'm making for our evening meal to encourage me to be more adventurous. We both had spag bol tonight, one of the few meals that we eat together as we both like it. The HT would live on smart price noodles and pasta with tomato sauce if I let him. He's not a fan of sweet things either. He has home made chocolate brownies in his cake tin at the moment and they're lasting well.

We also have two cats but their food and litter is budgeted for separately. I can often find a "money off" offer to have their stuff delivered once a month.

Good luck with your budgets everyone.
  • CRANKY40
    Sorry, I forgot to say to Thriftwizard that I hope the op goes well and please do carry on posting if you can.
  • Thanks, CRANKY40 (and also elsiepac for the thread!) I'm aiming to at least try! So I've started, declaring £94.59 as the first November spend, as I've stocked up on the non-perishables that I wouldn't normally have bought until we were into November. I've taken out £200 in cash & will see how the girls do with that; as that goes down I'll update the budget, even if I don't know what they've spent it on! OH, of course, will use his card, so his spends will be harder to keep track of because he won't remember to tell me, and won't remember (or possibly confess) what he's actually bought anyway.

I have half a suspicion that there are some things we won't have to buy again until January. But that's fine - I'd rather it was that way, I have a clear conscience that I'm not leaving anyone in the lurch! Although I suspect they'd cope, and it wouldn't do them any harm. There will of course be one or two things I haven't remembered, or can't buy in advance, but basically I think I have a great team here & I can rely on them.
    Angie - GC April 24 £432.06/£480: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • CRANKY40
    We're only having breakfast and lunch at home today. We're off out about 3:30 to my friend's house for her daughter's birthday party. I've made lots of cakes but I had the stuff for those already so no significant outlay. Today will therefore be an NSD :)

Incidentally, for today only, love means making sure 90 tiny black sugar bats are flying the right way up in the butter cream :rotfl:
  • Hi all, fell off the wagon a while ago and spending on food is out of control.
    I know prices have gone up but I'm going to stick to £25 Pw/£100pm
    This is for just me and my dog. It will include all the food for me and my pooch, plus toiletries and cleaning products. Alcohol not included. Going to try and have a lot of NSD.
    Good luck everyone.
    Barclay Card £3600 [STRIKE]HSBC CC £2587[/STRIKE] ZERO
    Total CC Debt [STRIKE][STRIKE][STRIKE]£7755[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE][/STRIKE]
    COLOR="Red"]$[STRIKE]7151[/STRIKE][/COLOR] £6487
    November 2018 GC £25Pw/£100Pm Nov Grocery Challenge £83.56/£100 Dec GC £95.64/£125Jan 2019 GC COLOR="Red"]64.86/£125[/COLOR] Feb GC COLOR="DarkRed£100.43/]£125[/COLOR]March GC OR="Red"]145.00/125[/COLOR]
    April GC £130/£125 Aug GC £72.71/£100
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport