PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Comments

• Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Good thinking re fuel, Mrs LW - the floods over the Big Pond may not affect U.K. Petrol supplies (we have other sources other than the States) all that much, but you bet your life the petroleum companies will use it as an excuse to put up prices! Cynical, moi?
    One life - your life - live it!
  • It also might be the time to get to the 'last' sales of the summer, particularly to outdoor shops and see what bargains might be had in terms of camping equipment, waterproof clothing/shoes, tents even as it really doesn't matter what the style or colour of a good sturdy jacket is come the winter weather IF it does it's intended job of keeping you warm and dry! I'm looking to pick up a small 3 person pop up tent with a separate inner, we already have good tog sleeping bags and foil blankets to keep us warm and the 3rd person space would be for equipment should we actually have to use our equipment in earnest for any reason. This world feels less secure by the day at the moment, I like to be ready for its vagaries as much as I can!
  • Nargleblast
    Alternatively, if you have friends in low places, a couple of contracts taken out on the little fat yellow kid in NK and the big fat orange kid in USA would be good!
  • I have friends at sea level petal, but none with the necessary skills involved!
  • Nargleblast
    We could get Greyqueen on the case, she has an interesting selection of neighbours!

We could have used the resident Heffalump, if SOMEBODY (who shall be nameless, but lives on a hill in Scotland with a ratty Virgo and doesn't eat her greens) hadn't put it in her freezer.....
  • Nargleblast
    Gawd, look at the time! Got to leave for work at 18:30 and still have three of us to feed (cheese omelettes and chips). Happy prepping!
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Oh that's right - blame me for everything!
    "Armageddon Approaches - caused by Mad Arthur of Scotland!"
    All I did was accidentally sort of nudge the animal towards my freezer... Snot my fault it tripped and fell in.. :A:A
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    <Er, shuts the door firmly on three teenage boys looking replete & tries to look innocent or failing that nonchalant>

Have seized your advice on summer wear & pointed a son firmly at T shirt sales. He is now the very proud owner of some (needed) new shirts which he proposes to wear to sixth form (as elder brother wears long sleeved collared shirts, so Of Course He Can't [?!]) and I am grinning [somewhat] smugly at the amount I've saved.

As the temperatures drop (in places they'll "be flirting with freezing" - as if pneumonia was anything to flirt with), I foresee sons wearing T shirts & shirts in orderly layers. Youngest will remain in school shirt, sweatshirt, blazer & if necessary waterproof & may need help raising an arm...

Me, I've an elderly blanket, purchased from an animal charity as dog bedding, which has thickened up a treat after a boil wash & I plan to make myself a really generous blanket kimono which should obscure the fact I may be wearing about fifteen layers underneath. Quite how you make tabi socks, I'm not sure [can't really knit, not a clue as to crochet], so I may settle for turnshoes & wear extra layers to pad me against slips trips & falls.
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    We could get Greyqueen on the case, she has an interesting selection of neighbours!

We could have used the resident Heffalump, if SOMEBODY (who shall be nameless, but lives on a hill in Scotland with a ratty Virgo and doesn't eat her greens) hadn't put it in her freezer.....

There's always Nursie:eek:
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Dear God - not Nursie :eek:

I am not sure anyone or anything deserves her - or it - as she seems a force of nature!!!

I finally found someone to get get rid of all the rubbish in the garage :j he even has a licence for responsible disposal Now I can find and reach things without skirting clutter!

So pleased with what has gone, I have found contact details of a local handyman to do a few odd jobs that will make things a bit safer for me like fix an outside light , tighten and secure the safety rail for a step stool and stop garage door trying to brain me.

Millets have a sale on just now in case it helps anyone.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills