ESA Tribunal Waiting Time

2»

Comments

• Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    ceegee wrote: »
    Just to update. Tribunal was set for today. I left home early to catch the bus in good time and when I got there the clerk said he had left a message on my home phone to say not to go in as the Judge and the Doctor had decided, just on the medical evidence, to put me into the support group, without needing to see me, but I was on the bus by this time . I quietly broke down when they told me their decision. The Judge told me to go to Citizens' Advice and get them to help me apply for PIP. Then he said they would order a taxi for me to take me home and that they would pay for it too. The clerk ordered the taxi and took me downstairs to wait. It turned up in just a few minutes.
    SOo, if you are appealing a DWP decision, get all the help and advice you can (CAB. were so helpful to me) and get absolutely solid, unquestionable medical evidence. My doctor's letter was very detailed re my health and also very disparaging about the WCA decision. She actually wrote that she had very serious concerns about it and it's finding that I am fit for work. I don't feel elated, I just feel shocked really, now that it is over, but also at the compassion shown by the Judge and the Doctor.

Really pleased that you were successful (and that you got good help from your CAB).

Good luck with PIP. I'm sure if the panel Judge suggested it, you will be successful. IMO the TS panel's have a much greater knowledge of the benefits criteria, than any assessors.

Best wishes.
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • ceegee
    ceegee Posts: 856 Forumite
    Thank you pmlindyloo and Alice. The Judge said two or three times that their decision was based solely on my Doctor's comprehensive letter. The fact that a Judge has told me to go back to CAB to apply for PIP has helped me to feel less guilty about taking benefits.Because I did feel guilty about it, even though I have worked and contributed for 46 years. I am almost 63 so I am assuming that this award will take me up to state pension age of 66. Relief has not yet set in, I am still almost in a state of shock to have had such kindness and compassion from the Judge and Doctor after 2 years of horror at the hands of the DWP, the WCA assessor and the Jobcentre.

The taxi came as a great bonus, most unexpected. Felt guilty about that too.........

I am sure that after a good night's sleep I shall feel much better. It's been a long old haul. But I am glad for what my Doctor wrote about the assessment and that it was seen by the Judge and Doctor.
    :snow_grin"Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow........":snow_grin
  • ceegee
    pmlindyloo wrote: »
    I

As a matter of interest, was the report from your doctor used as evidence at your assessment? I am guessing not since the doctor wrote about the WCA decision.
    l.

Sorry, I misread this part! No, I obtained the Doctor's letter specifically for the appeal.
  • tazwhoever
    tazwhoever Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    ceegee - great news. My rep decided I should go for hearing as paper based is low. Never knew the panel can look at the medical evidence and decide for claimant not come in even hearing was ticked. You're right it's a worry and depressing. Well done!
  • ceegee
    Thank you tazwhoever. It was the letter from my Doctor that did it. It was very strongly worded, not only with regard to my health issues, but, as I said, she let it be known what she thought of the WCA.

I was really glad she mentioned the WCA because it brought it to the attention of the Judge and the Doctor, which I feel was a very good thing in that they have heard it from a fellow professional. I have a hope that perhaps, somehow, some good may come of it.

Have you had your hearing?
  • ceegee
    pmlindyloo wrote: »
    I do hope you will put in a complaint about your assessment as many people complain but never put it in writing.
    l.

Sorry to chop your post again, pmlindyloo!

If I were to put in a complaint, would the DWP get difficult about it and challenge the Tribunal's decision to put me in the support group? I just don't trust them. They don't see people as individuals, they don't care or even listen to what you are saying.. They just ride roughshod over you. I suppose really I am frightened of them, which is a sad and sorry state of affairs.
  • I waited 1 year and 3 days
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family