Home Security

Hello, I hope this is the right thread to use.

Sadly we were the victims of a robbery on our property a week ago and worse than that, we've been informed of a car coming back to look this week in the dead of night - I'm guessing to see if what was taken was replaced and potentially to take it again! Trying to be a bit vague so as not to identify myself.

The thing is - we're not sleeping as we are up all night jumping at every noise. Its horrible.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on home security that is affordable.
We have a security light, triggered by movement, going in and we've been told our front door is secure (they didn't try to enter the house) .

We've taken to leaving random lights inside the house on at night too. Our neighbours around us have also installed security lights and they also have CCTV as they were shook up by it.

We've set up a bit of a residents group to let each other know about any suspicious activity and some neighbourhood watch signs have gone up.

But does anyone have any suggestions beyond that please? Can you get Neighbourhood watch bin stickers? Is it worth investing in a fake house alarm box? We couldn't afford the real thing?
I've added a steering lock to my car - but is there anything else we can do?
Any advice would be so welcome - I'm terrified at the moment and although we've reported all to the police, patrol are exceedingly rare in our village. Everything seems so expensive...

TIA

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family