Dreams and wishes....

Comments

• Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    £8.32 coming my way for the second lot of DVDs I sent off :)
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Hurrah, glad you are making money. It does make my day when that happens.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    £30.80 in from 2 sales of books, CDs and DVDs :)

It'll go towards the cost of the coupley holiday KW and I are going on in August to the Lake District. A long weekend in a posh chalet, sounds bliss! The cost was going to be £55 each, but that one must have gone or the dates been bad for the others, as we're now paying £130 each (gulp). Anyway, we're going to make the most of it and hopefully go over to Vindolanda for a day before we return, by then to our own house (if all continues to go well!)

Missed a phone call from the surveyor, who gave promised verbal feedback. Basically he said that he didn't find anything horrific, and that there were a couple of small things he wanted to tell me. I was teaching then in a meeting til 5, so didn't have a chance to call him back.

No spend day again, hoorah!

Seeing KW tomorrow, can't wait :):):)
  • savingwannabe
    Well done on fleabay sales. A holiday oooeer. That sounds lovely.

I am glad the surveyor's report was so good.
  • Sorry KK I don't know how I missed the bit about the good news on the survey (I've been ill you know :rotfl: ) hope everything is progressing well and the small things were nothing to worry about.
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Kittikins
    I've still not heard what the small things on the survey are....the surveyor and I keep on playing telephone tag. I have suggested that he just drop me an email as we both have rather unsociable jobs as it were, but as yet he's not done so.

Had a big pack of the lease documents from the solicitor, relating to when the house was built in 2007! From my limited legal knowledge (I started but didn't complete a law conversion degree a very long time ago), I can't see anything untoward, there's none of that "The service charge will double every 10 years" malarkey I've been reading about in the Guardian.

The bank asked for a certified copy of KW's driving licence yesterday before continuing to look at the mortgage offer, but it had to be sent to our mortgage advisors for them to certify, the vicar/a teacher wouldn't do! So, he popped it in the post on the fastest, safest method and it's on it's way back to me at school, so there'll be someone there to sign for it.

The mortgage people seem to think that this might be the last step towards the full mortgage offer. We really hope so!

Last night I was feeling a bit bleugh, so wanted to get a takeaway for dinner rather than cook. I had also nearly stopped off at the supermarket for a bottle of wine. KW nicely talked me out of the takeaway, we had a simple frozen veg, veggie burger and garlic bread dinner (which was tasty, filling and free) and I had a lovely cup of Earl Grey instead :) My NSD remained intact!

I'm over again tomorrow night (yay :):) ) and have asked him to put a bottle of prosecco in the fridge and have plans to make a scrummy curry with whatever veggies he's got lurking in the freezer and use up some of the lentil mountain!

I'm getting anxious again at school :( Just suspicions and possible paranoia, but a couple of people seem to be flexing their muscles again a bit :(

Thank goodness my kids are utterly gorgeous and there is something amazing about each and every one of them!
  • savingwannabe
    Sorry about work it sounds like where I work. Focus on the nice things as you are. Karma happens to the bad one's anyway so try to stay happy thinking of your house.

Enjoy your time at KWs.
  • Kittikins
    STILL waiting for the mortgage offer :(

Have had more NSDs, but not today!

The survey came through and has only brought up a few smallish issues, which I'm hoping the housing association will deal with (or the current owners)

Getting bored of waiting now, just want to be with my scrumptious KW and bestest DD in the world in our own place, learning how to be a family!
  • savingwannabe
    I am so glad, you are nearly there. :j:money:

Please let it hurry up and then you can be in happy house. Things will seem so much better then. :)
  • Kittikins
    And the bank asked for yet another piece of information today.....but hopefully the last (which is what we were told the last couple of times, lol).

NSD - and KW took me out for tea and cake this afternoon to cheer me up- work is now officially pants :( but thankfully it was my non-contact time this afternoon, and I needed to go to pick something up from a garden centre for school, so I took KW along for the ride :)

I nearly burst into tears when I got a letter from DD's school confirming that they are upping her bursary by 10%, such good news :) As I've paid in advance, I'll hopefully get a refund for 2018/9, which will help if, as and when I either move house, job, whatever comes first.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure