Apple muncher's number crunching

Comments

• hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Thanks - you prompted me to look up Sew Over It in the library (have had it on my Am@zon wishlist for months) and they have a copy. :) Not at my branch, but I don't mind waiting.

Will look for the other two as well, they look interesting.

Can I come over for tea? ;) Though I don't like steak or mushrooms, so maybe not.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,699 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Although reluctant to go to dance, dd loved it, as per usual, and I made a start on some more lavender penguins. While chatting to another mum about them, about wanting to set up an etsee shop but being meh at photos, postage rates, paypa1, and when she left she gave me her email address, so I can send her some piccies :j.

Dd had trouble getting to sleep last night so we all piled in to bed at 9.10pm. Next thing I knew, it was 8am. And there was no dd next to me. Dh must have moved her and I remained blissfully unaware!

Dh has told me to take from the joint savings the money I lent/gave our neighbour, as he doesn't think we'll see it again and he doesn't want me to go short because of it. He is lovely :D.

Dh wanted to go round the shops today, so we sent him off on his own - in the rain and the wind. Dd and I are now watching 5 children and It and I can potter on with the penguins.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Twas a late one again for dd last night, 9.30, as she is starting to fret again.

However, we saw a stunning firework display, one that made you say 'wow' with every firework. Then we came home and set off our own little ones. It was lovely watching dd and neighbour, all wrapped up (unnecessary as it was a warm evening), sitting on the bench with sparklers as dh let them off.

Rememberance service today and dh is helping with the PA. There is a short kids klub, so I may go and tidy the cupboards a little for the leader while it is on.

Dd and I made some leggings for her doll yesterday. I think she has plans for more clothes today..

So:
    - marking
    - clothes making
    - church
    - whites wash
    - kettlebells
  • I read the India Knight book and LOATHED it!

I think she should've called it "dabbling in a bit of thrift for the sake of fashion".

Aren't I mean?!

Any reappearance of *them*?!
  • apple_muncher
    Tee hee! I guess I like the websites she mentions, but admit I've not looked them up (yet). And yes, she is dabbling a little but is not hardcore like the life Mark Boyle leads - by example.

No sight nor sound of 'them' - they could be back in Oz for all we know!
  • apple_muncher
    Kettlebells - 300 swings done, so now at 32%.

Kids klub cupboards sorted and majorly more tidy than before. Couldn't have done it without dh's help.

Washing done before we went out, so gently drying upstairs.

Just clothes making and pesky marking left. Hmmm, might be time to make another coffee...! And send a few emails first... (really important ones, of course)
  • Oh yeah I have a load of mocks to do.
  • Pearla*Merle
    Pearla*Merle Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Ooh, I loved The Moneyless Man! :T Serious food for thought and I still find myself questioning a lot of social 'norms' he managed to dispense with. I think he has a new book out actually, must seek it out.

Have you read How I Lived A Year On Just A Pound A Day? Not quite as hardcore but incredibly uplifting and charming. In fact... I think I'm going to have to read it again soon!
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • apple_muncher
    Today I transferred the loaned/given money to my account. Then went to the cashpoint with dd. Then we ended up in c0sta. Oops. It was a lovely time together, unplanned, no distractions (books, tablet) just chatter.

Dd is still in the lead in the bouncy hopper challenge at Kids klub, unsurprisingly...

No clothes making and no marking done. Dearie me.

Small - have glanced through the rest of India's book without reading more than a few sentences. Tis indeed lightweight.

Pearla - I'll have to look that book up. Don't think I could manage it!

Will be atttending a craft and chat evening at church in a few weeks. They'll have a table to sell people's things, but it sounds like we sit around munching, chatting and crafting. Which items shall I take to sell? Bunnies? Mice? Lavender penguins? Owls? Monster? Tree decorations??? I've been asked to takr some samples to church next week so they can see them, and then they can ensure there's as wide a variety of stuff as poss. I may send some photos instead.
  • apple_muncher
    Ugh. Not a great night's sleep. Took me ages to get to sleep and then dh was restless. Too much whizzing round my little head!

I decided to start a knitting group at school, and take part in The Big Knit 2015. So I printed out a flyer for each class, dug out a big set of needles a lovely forumite sent me, and found lots of different coloured wools. Then spent a while fretting that no one would join me!

Dh has his eye op on Thurs and I do think he is underestimating the impact it will have on him and what he does (screen, screen, screen!).

Then I was trying to recall the work I've planned for today, and couldn't.

Then I was thinking about the paperwork for the Lille trip.

And the craft evening, and school Christmas fairs.

Yep, my head was whizzing.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback