Delivery rights discussion

Comments

• The order isn’t only Xmas gifts so I can still use some of the items if they arrive in January - though it’s inconvenient to have to wait that long for them. Because of that I don’t want to cancel the order, but then if I don’t cancel then I’ll end up having to pay for the return of the kids Xmas gifts that aren’t any use in January.

It seems like I’m being left out of pocket both due to having to spend an extra day in waiting for a delivery in January, and due to having to pay for Saturday delivery on replacement gifts from an alternative retailer if I want to have children’s gifts on Xmas day. It seems unreasonable that I could be out of pocket by over £100 (based on taking a days unpaid leave) because a company couldn’t get their act together to send me an order on the date specified in the contract, and couldn’t even inform me in advance so I didn’t waste a day at home waiting for them.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Knits wrote: »
    The order isn’t only Xmas gifts so I can still use some of the items if they arrive in January - though it’s inconvenient to have to wait that long for them. Because of that I don’t want to cancel the order, but then if I don’t cancel then I’ll end up having to pay for the return of the kids Xmas gifts that aren’t any use in January.
    Then just cancel the Christmas gift items from the order and wait for the other stuff to arrive in due course.

You seem to be making this over-complicated.
  • Apparently that is not an option as the order has been prepared but not dispatched yet. I can cancel entirely or not cancel. I would probably be able to put the gifts away until a birthday or next Xmas. However that still leaves me unnecessarily out of pocket because of Ikea’s failure to deliver on the date specified in the contract, or to inform me that they would not deliver.
  • Ive just used the template letter to write to furniture store who has failed to deliver (1600 worth of ) new furniture and didnt even call to notify me. I called them when it hadnt arrived after taking a day off work

I will keep you posted if I get a result
  • I'd like to share an issue I had recently that I don't see covered so often. Its related to "Attempted Delivery". I made an order on eBay and my item was dispatched via the "Nightline.ie" part of UKMAIL. The courier attended my house during the day when most respectable people are out working and left a card, which I understand - but no attempt to leave with a neighbour on in a safe place and disappeared back to the depot - situated on the other side of the Country. The Sender said I was supposed to receive a delivery day (and 1hr time window) but I never received any info at all. Then I was promised delivery on Weds 28th (By the sender) but Nightline.ie never came. That was a days Annual Leave wasted. In fact, there was never an attempt to deliver again. That's a 150mile round trip I faced to collect it - IF I could get anyone to answer the phone to arrange collecting it (I couldnt). I never did receive the item I ordered. When I contacted eBay to exercise what I thought was my right under their "Moneyback Guarantee" for non-delivery I was apprised they viewed the Couriers one ATTEMPTED DELIVERY over the two week period as DELIVERY. My claim was refused. Im undergoing an appeal at the minute that I hope will be resolved but it came as a surprise to not have my money, not have my item and have my request for money back refused due to an ATTEMPTED DELIVERY by a courier who disappeared back to the other side of the Country and refused to answer the phone.
  • I am currently in a strong discussion with a company NetXL from whom I bought over 250pounds of IT equipment from. They got DPD to deliver, but they didn't. They claim they did and have an electronic POD with a signature that is not mine and illegible, and apparently have telemetry from the vehicle showing it was at my house (not so far provided). The driver who returned to the scene next day after I reported the problem, claims she gave it to a "blonde haired" lady at our gate. I was in at the time and not aware of them coming, however no one else was. Having checked with blonde neighbors and my wife (who is blonde) several times, I now believe that either the driver is mistaken and for some reason covering things up or she has a more sinister motive. So far NetXL say DPD prove they have delivered so will not refund or resupply the goods - has anyone any advice or similar experience?
  • Please can someone assist. My friend returned a faulty item to Sports Direct by 'Signed for' post as they directed. It was apparently delivered to them in 'bulk post' which was signed for but Sports Direct are insisting they haven't received it and have told her to complain to Royal Mail, who are insisting they have delivered it and have provided a photo of the signed receipt for the bulk delivery. But Sports Direct say Royal Mail have signed the delivery receipt themselves having put the item in the bulk delivery bag.

There is no question the item has been sent but Royal Mail and Sports Direct are passing the buck to one another and my friend is stuck in the middle.

Can anyone provide any legal guidance please?

Thanks
    (PS Sport Direct have refunded the postage cost despite saying they haven't received the item).
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Diszey wrote: »
    Please can someone assist. My friend returned a faulty item to Sports Direct by 'Signed for' post as they directed. It was apparently delivered to them in 'bulk post' which was signed for but Sports Direct are insisting they haven't received it and have told her to complain to Royal Mail, who are insisting they have delivered it and have provided a photo of the signed receipt for the bulk delivery. But Sports Direct say Royal Mail have signed the delivery receipt themselves having put the item in the bulk delivery bag.

There is no question the item has been sent but Royal Mail and Sports Direct are passing the buck to one another and my friend is stuck in the middle.

Can anyone provide any legal guidance please?

Thanks
    (PS Sport Direct have refunded the postage cost despite saying they haven't received the item).

Small claims against SD would be my thoughts.
    You have proof of delivery. They can argue with RM if they wish
  • TyreLever
    TyreLever Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    FranW1 wrote: »
    I never even received my delivery from Amazon even though I'm a Prime member and it was supposed to be next day delivery. When I tracked it it said out with courier (DPD) who you can't get hold of EVER so I contacted Amazon after a week. :mad:They looked into it and before I knew it the money for the item was refunded. Now this may sound ok however the item in question was no longer on special offer and was on their site listed at twice the price....so how come I couldn't get a replacement??? Apparently something to do with Amazon listing the item but not selling it themselves....twoddle I'll never buy from them again!!

It gets worse! I heard from someone who worked in an Amazon warehouse that parcels are thrown around a lot. Due to excessive targets products are often damaged due to people rushing. Stuff also gets crushed, stamped on etc due to people play fighting, general horseplay etc. Dont be suprised when you order a PS4 and a broken pencil case arrives.

No company is perfect tho. Look at that plane with an exploded engine? !!!!!! went wrong there? NASA lost 2 shuttles and White Star Line sailors like to speed thro ice fields. If I owned a company tho, I'd fire people and give them the worst possible reference for such uselessness. KMC isnt a cooked chicken company.
    Sometimes my advice may not be great, but I'm not perfect and I do try my best. Please take this into account.
  • Sports Direct - Hermes - Paypal - No Refund for undelivered Goods.
    So had a long running battle with all 3 Companies and hit a massive brick wall with the WORDS NO REFUND ON IT.
    Long Story short ordered some camping gear from Sports Direct (Liable Company for Refund), this delivered in 2 deliveries. One received and One not, however Hermes state they did deliver and have a signature.SD (Sports Direct) sent a form to fill out for Non delivery which I did and sent back by post, they closed the case after 3 weeks. I chased and they stated they hadn't received the form and I should have sent recorder delivery!!. They reopened it after much pressure and contacted Hermes who advised it was delivered and had a Signature, SD satisfied it was even though no-one was in the house and my text receipt of delivery was sent whilst at work. I then spent 3 weeks requesting a copy of the signature and sent SD my signature to marry them up and eventually it came through as just CP initials, case closed and they directed me to Paypal. Raised a case with PP and after 3 weeks they came back the same that hermes proved their van was in the area and there is a signature. So we were not in at the time, the signature is clearly not mine and the driver has squiggled my initials CP on the hand held and driven off with my goods and SD especially want nothing to do with it, Hermes claim it was delivered and no refund from Paypal after feedback from Hermes. Paypal seem to have no further option for a challenge to the decision unless I have now received the goods and they are no longer acceptable or what i required. Yes it should be SD i have the contract with but not sure where to go next with this - as still to reorder the camping stuff not received ready to take the foster kids on a trip in June, not wanting to let it lie and repurchase until resolved. Short version did I say? Cheers Cliff
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback