The Final Countdown

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,184 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Yesterday I was asked to invoice for my contract role for January and February to be paid this financial year, the money should be in my bank on Tuesday - very good news. I will be making a £7.5k payment as soon as the BACS transfer goes through. I will also invoice for March next Friday - things are really moving fast now. I am very focussed on the mortgage being gone, good for making me EBay and avoid shops! It is interesting as I have always been a spender but not this time. I really want to be ALL debt free - even if it is only for a short time.

Most excellent :D
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • enjoyed reading your goals and achievements :T:T and looking forward to you reaching them :D
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • tootallulah
    tootallulah Posts: 2,197 Forumite
    I love BACS, my Jan/Feb consultancy fee was in the bank by 12.30 today, £7500 straight off the mortgage. I have put six sewing machines on to EBay to end next Sunday. Everything is moving in the right direction.
  • beanielou
    I love BACS, my Jan/Feb consultancy fee was in the bank by 12.30 today, £7500 straight off the mortgage. I have put six sewing machines on to EBay to end next Sunday. Everything is moving in the right direction.

Impressive on all fronts.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Cinny91
    Cinny91 Posts: 6,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    I always think I've commented on your diary but never have! All I can say is WOW. You're so focused and doing amazingly, you'll be MF in no time :)
  • tootallulah
    Sewing machines are all going for over £100 on EBay which is what I had hoped, they are all desirable, small mechanical machines which have been hanging around for a long time. I did a whole day of cleaning oiling etc and they are all running very well.

I am looking forward to making one more big payment with tenant 2s six months rent and then it will be back to working out how to get the mortgage paid off by September/October.
  • tootallulah
    My best sales ever on Ebay, one Singer Featherweight went for £238! all together the six machines made £876 I was amazed. Together with 6 months rent from tenants 2 I have just made a payment of £6k off the mortgage. Next week I should get my final back payment from contracted work which will take me well below £20k. Then things will slow down but there will be a way.
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thank everyone for ebay!!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Brilliant ebaying :)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • beanielou
    Awesome totals on ebay.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure