Comments

• benjus
    benjus Posts: 5,433 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    2016Ajay wrote: »
    one tip:
    don't pay for dating sites.

I've used various subscription sites (e.g. Match.com and single parent sites) but would only recommend POF, which is free.
    my experience has been (and this has been confirmed by people that I've met or spoken to) that anyone that uses Match also uses POF.

there are married people, fake profiles and timewasters on subscription sites, so they are no better than free sites.
    also, you have no time pressure on free sites. you can use it as often, or as little as you choose.

Good luck!

It's not true at all that everyone that uses paid sites also uses free sites. I did try POF for a bit, but didn't find it very good. I'd never have met my wife if I'd just stuck with that one.

Comparing Guardian Soulmates with POF, I noticed that most profiles on GS had obviously been put together with quite a bit of effort. On POF some were good but many were terrible.
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Brimmen is a free messaging dating site. No fees whatsoever, and you can search for local users using geo location.

Your site is rubbish, needs a lot of polishing.
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    DUTR wrote: »
    Your site is rubbish,

Don't beat-about-the-bush now.
    It's better you come straight out and tell them what you think.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • manj05
    Options
    Single mum of three joined a free date site and omg...how many strange peeps on there...met one man who is a widower...he was nice..from essesx...we instantly liked each other and yeap it wasnt only me he was seeing...but hey...talked to a few others but seems like nice men who genuinly want a serious relationship dnt exist...but realised one thing...i love the essex accent..even though i live 50 miles away....anyone else had this problem ?
  • manj05
    Options
    Your funny but so right...just for the record as a woman ..ive given up on dating sites.i found tht the men were only interested in dirty talk or on the last occassion enrolling me in some weird cult...whts going on with people nowadays.
  • manj05
    Options
    My experience was the same as yours..lol
  • manj05
    Options
    My experience was the same as yours..lol...im 45 years old.its hard out there to find decent..honest..men...
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well i'd all but give up on it, but got a message the other day on POF from a rather attractive guy, and we've been talking pretty much constantly since, and we have a date next week. So i guess my tip is don;t give up because sometimes things come out of the blue and surprise you. :p
    Just thought i'd pop in and update: that we've now been together nearly a year :j and that i am very very happy. I honestly did not expect to meet someone so perfect for me, but i have. He's the kindest, most understanding and supportive guy i have ever met.

So don't give up :)
  • ali-t
    ali-t Posts: 3,815 Forumite
    Options
    Just thought i'd pop in and update: that we've now been together nearly a year :j and that i am very very happy. I honestly did not expect to meet someone so perfect for me, but i have. He's the kindest, most understanding and supportive guy i have ever met.

So don't give up :)

I would say the same as you, i met my partner on POF 3.5 years ago and he makes me very happy. You just have to sort the wheat from the chaff on the sites.
    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got!
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    manj05 wrote: »
    My experience was the same as yours..lol...im 45 years old.its hard out there to find decent..honest..men...

What do you mean? There are indecent dishonest women?
    Once one gets to that age, they know what they want from what they don't want Male and Female.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure