NST May 2018: May the odds be ever in your favour!

Comments

• bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 274
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Weather was lousy today so put the visit to town back a day and made the list longer but on the positive side an unexpected NSD so now #2/19.
    Grateful for having food in to make dinner and the rain easing at home time so didn't get as wet as expected.
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
  • Robi90
    Robi90 Posts: 101
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    NSD 1/19. - Really proud of myself as it was quite a stressful/busy day at work and normally that's my trigger to start spending.

Grateful for the slice of chocolate cake I had at my church small group and such lovely colleagues even when times at work are stressful. Also had some quiet "me time" in which I finished the book I was reading.

I'm still within budget - bit nervous about going crazy over the bank holiday weekend but so far so good!

Think the weather is meant to be a bit less manic tomorrow so hopefully can do a bit of walking during the day!
    [STRIKE]£799 - FD Personal Loan[/STRIKE] :beer:[STRIKE]£500/ £500 FD Overdraft[/STRIKE] :beer: [STRIKE]£5700/£5700 MBNA credit card[/STRIKE]:beer:
  • Dorisd
    Dorisd Posts: 173
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Just a quick update managed first NSD today 1/18.
    🎊Debt Free 8 Jan 2022[/center]🎉
    Language Learners Chat- Portuguese
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Hi all:j

Just lost entire long post....so NSD 1/19; check in 2/19

New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 756
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Good morning Turtles

Indigo did you get an estimate from Tesco first ?

Today is NSD #2. I ordered some sand from Argos last night for the boys sand pit which I will pick up today.
    budgets fairly poor. I only have 90 left. Doable but I need to be very careful. However hub is home & has promised he will check his account to see if he has any cash left. cupboards are still full to bursting too:D
    my lovely friend at work knew I was looking for a camera for my son & is bringing in her kids old one :j
    now hub is home I am back on with meal plans etc. :cool:

hope you all have a lovely day :o
  • indigowarrior
    indigowarrior Posts: 745 Forumite
    Morning Everyone.
    Today is going to be my first spend day of the month. Going to wake up a bit and then do a 7 day meal plan. I am also meeting a friend and having lunch. All planned. Made my second to last Perfect Home payment today so that means I have just one more to make and then its gone forever. :T

Hope everyone has a good day!
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,809
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Yesterday was NSD1 for me.

I did pay the plasterer, but as he was supposed to be here on Monday, and then Tuesday, his money was here waiting for him from last month's budget. So I counted the spend then,

DH is taking me out for coffee and cake at lunchtime.

Enjoy the sunshine Turtles
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Motivation:!my motivation is the fight against consumerism, and having more left at the end of every month, we have debt, a loan and car finance, I don't have credit cards any longer, my friends waste so much money, and I don't want to be one of them, being here keeps me in a different mind set.

Money: I'm going to sort this later, it's really important to me that I start to budget properly. We haven't had a proper holiday in 4 years, and I'm really hoping to have one soon.

Me!time:!I struggle with this! Running.is really my only me time away from the kiddies.

Move: I ran the London marathon last week,
    And am suffering with bad hips since. I did do Parkrun last Sat but ended up walking some. I'm going to running club tonight to see how I am. There's a local race on Monday and I really want to be well enough to compete, we'll see.

Activation:!I need to read some more threads, I used to be on here all the time.

Arm!yourself!: saying no to consumerism!! Buying what i need.

You. - am I happy? Yes i am, even though we've had a terrible few weeks, lost both grandparents in 4 weeks. Otherwise, I have a happy/healthy family and a good life

19 NSD: 0/19

Foodbank/ charity donation of £5. - still to do

Plan the month: I'll write this later, I've offered to do 4 days of over time this month, being in work also stops me from spending
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 756
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Hub has come through with some spare cash and given me £70 quid. hurrah! I now have £167 left for groceries which I can certainly manage on. I was panicking a little. BBQ planned for Saturday so looking forward to that and now I can probably afford to get a few shandy's in :D MOT tomorrow, so everything crossed for a pass!!
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Finally a first SFD. Also only have £90 left. Plus CB will come on the 14th. However the reason is that I bought DH birthday present out of my spending money just now rather than take it from the savings and will see if I can pretend that's all the money I have left and make it work.

Finally sunny up here but still cold. It's May and some of my seedlings I put in the garden are dying because they're cold.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure