NST May 2018: May the odds be ever in your favour!

Comments

• x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,313
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Evening all. Just a quick update for me tonight.

[FONT=&quot]Money[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]know your income and outgoings. Spreadsheet updated with paid DD's

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Me[/FONT][FONT=&quot] time:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Look after yourself. Revive an old hobby. Exam practice. No practice today :o MIL and SIL popped round for a cuppa so I started cleaning as soon as I got home from work. Haven't seen MIL since her diagnosis, she's looking very thin, as she's having difficulty eating.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Move[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: Just the pups walkies. Did have to do both the am and pm strolls as BF went off to Wales early this morning. I hate the morning walkies :( I need a nice gentle long awakening in the mornings, not rushing around and out the house[/FONT][FONT=&quot].

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Activation[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: What spurs you on to keep on the path? Still more podcasts.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Arm[/FONT][FONT=&quot] yourself [/FONT][FONT=&quot]: Whether you opt to work more or to spend less in order to achieve your goal, stand firm against the naysayers. Chipping away at surveys.
    Planned spends this month - £20 tattoo deposit.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]You[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. Appreciate what you have. Be grateful. Today I am grateful for a cuppa and a nice chat with MIL.
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    19 NSD: 9/19 NSDs Achieved. Spend day today. First one of the month. BF picked up two bags of topsoil to finish Donnas run. £3.98.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Minimalism: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Day Ten - 10 items. Holey pants, chewed up dog toy & 8 of BFs magazines (with his permission. He's had them for about a year, and they are still in the celophane)
    [/FONT]

Check in every day. Here I am:)[/FONT]
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £126.70 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 274
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Spending on some bits that were needed for dinner and a top up of tissues - all seem to be suffering with sniffles of the hay fever type not nice.
    Grateful for another lovely day weather wise, friendly work colleagues and the weekend in sight.
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
    • 12 NSDs - 6/12
    • Budgets - £250 food and £100 social - £96.99 food and £17.38 social
    • Continue batch cooking for the little one (remembering to include a larger variety of meals) - 3 portions of veggie omelettes and 3 portions of veggie lasagna made. Rooted around the freezer and we're running low on soup and risotto so I'll make some more of that next weekend
    • Make an extra £93 through surveys - £48.69 made to date
    • Continue building the full and final fund - £194.80 added to date
    • I'm making up Christmas gift boxes for local disadvantaged children. So far I've done two teenage boys and started on a boy 9-12 months but still more to get for him so I'll continue with that
    • Plans - safari park and dinner/new avengers movie. Will also allow for a visit to soft play and I need to take the little one swimming as we're holidaying in June and he's never been in a pool - safari park cancelled, soft play on the 12th with friend and her daughter, lunch with work colleagues on 23rd (just remembered!)
    • Read as much as possible - 3 books finished
    • Finish my final OU essay for this module
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,869
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Sorry I've not posted for almost a week

NSDs - 5/19
    Money - budgets are not looking too healthy :( Food - £120.65/£200 with 3 weeks still to go :eek: social/personal - £166.14/£180 :eek: and petrol - £29.98/£60
    Move - managed a few nice walks this week
    Me time - time spent in the garden, reading
    Arm yourself - did 2 short shifts for 2nd jobs, been doing some surveys
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10238.44/£15000 (68.3% saved). Emergency fund - £1292.77/£1500 (86.2% saved).
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Not much sleep but woke at 6.15 so had pills, breakfast and bath etc and had all the shopping done in under 20 minutes (back to Icyland to buy choc ices and cones for mum, stuff for her garden (did an online order last night but hey would only allow me to have one block of coir compost delivered and one item was not in stock at the warehouse but I knew the local store had one left. Have bought a few items including a tiny triceratops, as I knew I would need a taxi to the therapist appointment (caught the little bus back).

Good session with the therapist going through my homework (values ie what's important to me rather than goals to achieve). Had a slightly rocky fortnight due to mum's health scare and my days being changed round and also several days when I could not stay awake (could be illnesses, medication - especially hayfever meds, the heat or a combination).

Discussed the prioritising methods I outlined yesterday. Explaine dhow I had sorted my embroidery work load (two items to sew up, 2 to be working on, 2 others that are only needed for later in the year and one long term project. All other items, from just started to near completion have been put away. All my focus is on those few projects.

Have done similar with crafts, identified 6/7 projects we will work on over the next 2 months, have a list of other ideas (and still need to get the 'craft stuff' under control). Now I need to do the same thing with a couple of other areas of my life but keep it manageable - maybe do things like checking before I leave a room for 3 things to put away/ take with me if they don't belong in that room.

Had lunch when I got in. Felt guilty about it until I realised it was 5 hours since I had eaten. Had a short rest then put together the package for the poorly person (chronic illness but suffered a setback this week and feeling that all her hard work over the last year was in vain) then went out to buy a jiffy bag and post it. Lots of bits out of the house but have made more mess pulling out boxes to go through - spent an hour or two going through threads, untangling knots and getting part used skeins onto 'bobbins' and all properly labelled (and logged in - did this a while ago but some have been used and more have been bought). Should make it easier going forward as I can refer to the list instead of trawling through the drawers of threads trying to find them.

Today I am grateful for my therapist, for getting the shopping out of the way early when there was lots of shade, for all the benches dotted around the town centre and for toilets at the infirmary, for finding just what I needed (tiny triceratops) to put the finishing touch to my parcel.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Hi all :j

Motivation: what is your personal motivation for joining in with the turtles? My motivation is to cut down on the unnecessary spending and pay for some renovations to this property. In order to do this I think we need to be saving money by doing any jobs we can realistically (!) do ourselves. Discussed with DH further weed killing ventures, swept some of enclosed garden walls where the paint is flaking off (cross about this as only done last year). Resolved not to use Wilk*s cheapo paint again, but have found some brilliant white Sandtex. Don't want the walls brilliant white but hopefully will be a good base coat..

Money: know your income and outgoings. All DD bills should have gone out by now and I am going to add up our income, that won't take very long.. so far have done now two grocery shops. Grocery bill so far £57.07. Another shop today from farm shop as friend round for lunch. Will check receipt when I get it, will not be an NSD tomorrow either as have hairdressers - which is near to other shops so I will pop in. It's like supermarket sweep to see if I can get into Ald*, M&S & HB and get to apt by 10am...

Me time: look after yourself. Get enough sleep; eat well; move; do things you enjoy. Good nights sleep, apart from dogs barking at 6am, eating fairly good, moving by getting into garden for half an hour, enjoyed visit from friend this afternoon, he must like it too as he always arrives at 12.30 & leaves 5 hours later..

Move: being active benefits your body and your mind. You know that. Now do it. Moving by weeding in garden. took big weed trolley up to compost heaps. Fresh air lovely..

Activation: what spurs you on to keep on the path? Have not done much decluttering but have identified some items to sell to a fellow collector. Just need to find out how to price, which will be tricky as rare items & not available so need to research somehow. Not done much today as spent morning cleaning up then visit all afternoon. DD provided us with the clothes she sold for us to post... not daft eh.

Arm yourself : you have chosen to follow a path that many mock and despise - that of ridding yourself of debt and financial constrictions in order to be free; free to choose what to do with your money and time, not enslaved to repaying or to other people. Glad we are not bothered about 'keeping up with the Joneses' - have done that a long time ago but really do not care any more. It's how some people validate themselves & that's fine, but not for me. We are now free from paid work commitments but spent many years getting there, wish it had been sooner. Desperate need of decluttering & getting rid of old lifestyle. Am going to do this so will post progress on here to keep me accountable. No progress today but have a pile of DH polo shirts he no longer wears to go.

You. Are you happy in yourself? Know what brings you joy, what cheers your heart, what makes you pause and wonder. Don't just stop and smell the coffee in the morning; practise stopping and looking around throughout the day. Appreciate what you have. Be grateful. Gratitudes For entertaining afternoon with friend, for DH making the food for lunch, for progress in the garden, for the antics of the kitty ...and for DD going to her own home for at least a couple of nights :D

NSD still 5/19 so far

Check ins: 10/31

Not done charity donation yet but will arrange asap. Need to do through euro account. Nope.
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    SFD number 4 yesterday. Lots of work done and a dog walk. Not much else to report.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Puddleglum
    Puddleglum Posts: 851
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    NSD 6/19 so far. Saturday may be the next one. £3.50 has gone into charity boxes. Courses, exam marking and hobbies are ticking along nicely. Detox is ok but I'm running out of veggies again!
    "A thousand candles can be lit from a single candle without shortening the life of that candle."

I still am Puddleglum - phew!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,649
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Fmess - you are up rather early?!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,809
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Yesterday was NSD 4 and today will be NSD 5.

Loads of stupid 5 minute jobs done yesterday - all frogs, no elephants.
    I have a Masterlist of Everything that needs doing, and then I have my What can I realistically do in May and then I break that down into what can I get done this week.

Today I am laundering the bedding and getting it on the line.
    DS3 is coming home off school journey tonight so I am expecting him to have not slept since Monday and raring to start an arguement.
    Few more screws to go in on the ground floor,

Someone has caused a talc-splosion in the bathroom, so mopping the floors and will clean the bathrooms today as well.

Gratitudes: anti-histamines, Eurovision last night , getting DS3 back, Eurovision on Saturday, being able to rejig the central heating timer - it is now off -. Getting cashback payout for Ireland boat trip.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport