NST May 2018: May the odds be ever in your favour!

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    foxholes - I always ignore those kit lists. We have sent our kids on residentials and numerous scout camps and the lists always say they must be able to carry their own bag and then give you a list of enough items for a month.

CCL - good to see you back.

Cleaned the front windows and door yesterday, we have a massive bay window and I am rather particular about cleaning it so it took ages. I might do the rest of the windows over the weekend.

Have called at Asda this morning and got some items for a picnic tomorrow, we are going for a long walk but not quite sure where yet.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • maitlah
    maitlah Posts: 11 Forumite
    May the fourth be with you ;)

I didn't have chance to update yesterday, spent most of the day in the hospital with one of the students (utmost respect and grattitude for the NHS but waiting 5 hours for a fracture diagnosis/treatment with a GP XRay referral form was a killer), and so was knackered come evening.
    So, for yesterday:
    Money: All bills except vet insurance have now come out :)
    Me time: Took 15 minutes after the hospital visit but before afternoon duties to have a cup of tea and read a little of my book.
    Move: Used PumpUp to do a little at home Ab workout as well as all of the usual walking around the school and boarding house.
    Activation: My wedding dress deposit came out on the 2nd, big motivation to keep on the path and keep the savings account high. Determined not to have to take out a loan to meet our payment deadlines next year.
    Arm yourself: I will not give in to short term pleasure but continue to think of the long term goals - own our own house outright and retire before we're 60.
    You. I am grateful for the tall one picking me up dinner from the school canteen so i didn't have to cook, and grateful that that option is available to us, for the 10 minutes of sunshine I saw yesterday, for my colleagues support, for the lovely nurse who calmed my student down so well and was so patient with him, and for this board which inspires me to keep to my saving/spending goals.

NSDs 1/19
    Check ins: 3/31

Today should also be a no spend day, fingers crossed.

Hugs to everyone.

Mx
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Good morning. The car went for it's MOT yesterday and we had the winter tyres taken off. Hopefully (for the first time in ages) it won't be the usual £300 but less. Will have to buy two new winter tyres though before we drive to Europe this Christmas.

Hopefully SFD today and a to do list for the weekend as long as my arm. Will have to catch up on my minimalist challenge.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063
    Forumite
    Morning all :coffee:
    Thanks again for the welcome back. I've woken up with a bit of a fuzzy head this morning, but a determination that I'm going to get things done. I have a couple of annoying jobs I need to do, which if I write them on here I will become accountable for.
    :) sew the crochet bunny I've made together
    :) ring a solicitor
    :) plan my equipment list for work next week.
    You can shout at me if I get back on here later and I haven't done it.
    I also have the usual small jobs to do, washing, dishes etc. And I'm particularly happy that I've managed to avoid a small top up shop by having a good rake through cupboards and considering alternatives for things.
    I also have a fridge full of food that is about to go past its best (a bit of trial and error here as to how much I need to buy), and I'm curious as to whether I can put everything in the freezer. I've never frozen milk, chicken goujons, veggies etc.
    Have a good day all :wave:
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063
    Forumite
    Mothernerd - please take care of yourself... sounds as hectic as ever in your life. Much love...
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,666
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    I also have a fridge full of food that is about to go past its best (a bit of trial and error here as to how much I need to buy), and I'm curious as to whether I can put everything in the freezer. I've never frozen milk, chicken goujons, veggies etc.
    Have a good day all :wave:

Chicken goujons - definitely

Milk - yes - just freeze it standing up if it's already been opened. Maybe decant into smaller bottles if it's a large one and close to/ on its use by date :)

Veggies - yes - usually (not cucumber! ;):D) Some may need blanching, some not. Some are only really good for throwing into 'mixed' dishes (chilli, Bolognese, shepherds pie, casseroles) once defrosted (mushrooms are a good example of this)
    Hard to say more without knowing which veggies! :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • indigowarrior
    indigowarrior Posts: 745 Forumite
    Morning everyone,
    Had an early wake up at half two this morning. Had another episode and scared half of my Facebook. One of my friends in Germany phoned the police and I had two officers gate crash my lovely sleep. Had an extra spend last night and ordered a medical ID bracelet.

Today will be a NSD though. Taking it easy and hiding in my room. Cant cope with much today.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Indigowarrior I;m sorry if I;ve missed something but what is an episode? I hope you are ok.

Today is a spendy day - quarterly meal with old work colleagues :) I;ve walked the dogs and now I;m relaxing in the garden in a deck chair even though it;s cloudy.

I hope you;ve all had a good day.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • indigowarrior
    indigowarrior Posts: 745 Forumite
    Fmess wrote: »
    Indigowarrior I;m sorry if I;ve missed something but what is an episode? I hope you are ok.
    Something to do with my mental health. They call it episodes.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • Puddleglum
    Puddleglum Posts: 851
    Forumite
    edited 4 May 2018 at 6:30PM
    [FONT=&quot]Motivation[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] my motivation is to get myself to the point where I am free to do work which interests me, fulfills me and doesn't feel like work. To that end I have handed in my notice from my teaching job and signed up to retraining in a profession which I really enjoyed last time I stopped teaching. (Memo, must learn from mistakes!). The challenge is to replace my income by September.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Money[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: [/FONT][FONT=&quot] I'm a bit cheesed off at the moment as I've lost the latest version of my saved spreadsheet and it will take a bit of time to redo it. Currently psyching myself up to sort it out before bed tonight.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Me[/FONT][FONT=&quot] time:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] about to start a monthlong detox/elimination diet and will aim to keep up the hobbies.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Move[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: Working on making a daily yoga habit inevitable.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Activation[/FONT]: The thought of not having an income from September is focusing my mind on the issue. Debt free wannabe challenges keep me on track too although I haven't officially joined many?

The Rules:

19 NSD: 3/19.

Foodbank/ charity donation of £5. Accounted for on spreadsheet. Will do.

Pay to your debt/savings FIRST and live off the rest. Sorted.

Plan the month: every single day: Need to get on with this.

Check in every day. Will be back again tomorrow.
    "A thousand candles can be lit from a single candle without shortening the life of that candle."

I still am Puddleglum - phew!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport