Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Comments

• Hey,

I was delayed for over 6 hours (over night) with a Thomson flight from Ibiza to Manchester a couple of years ago. At the time I tried to contact them about this, and was swiftly told that they do not abide or agree with such EU law.

I have since came across the web site and could do with a bit of direction. I have contact thomson via a the template, in which I have received no reply.

I have given them approximately 14 days in the letter, but it is not 2 weeks. I have followed the web pages advice to the point, so would love if someone could share their experience and direction with me.

What should I do now? According to the web page I should contact the Spanish version of the CAA. I have looked at their web site and I am not sure where to send the EU complaint form?

Should I contact Thomson? Should I go ahead and contact the Spanish authority to make a complaint?

Any advice and direction to get this moving would be great.

regards

Chris
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Oggyman wrote: »

Any advice and direction to get this moving would be great.

Advise = read page one FAQ's plus a few similar posts on this thread.

Direction = your local County Court.
  • thanks,

i have contact Thomson, who have been using an old contact address, from the original booking instead of the details submitted in the claims letter. will get on to page one, now I have got contact with them.

regards
  • Smeggy
    Smeggy Posts: 11 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    So after a couple of weeks after making my initial contact with Thomson about our nine hour delay in 2009, I've had the dreaded "The Supreme Court in the UK has said that all claims to do with "international carriage by air" need to brought within two years" response. Taking the small claims route sounds a little too involved for us at present. Are there any particularly recommended claims companies to use instead?
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Smeggy wrote: »
    Are there any particularly recommended claims companies to use instead?

Yep. Just search the FAQs and forum threads.
  • Smeggy
    Smeggy Posts: 11 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Sorry. I didn't mean to waste forum members time with a question that had already been answered. I did a quick search and only saw mention of such companies but not any recommendations of which to go with. I'll search again, cheers.
  • bripar wrote: »
    If anyone is claiming for Flight TOM 436 from Manchester to Antalya on 4th June 2010 it is worthwhile continuing with your claim because Thomson have just settled a few days before the court hearing

I have sent you a PM regarding this.
    Was this delay around 12-13 hours and you were moved to a hotel in Manchester for the evening?

I was on the same flight but do not know the flight number. After lots of research I think it is Tom 436, but was just after confirmation :-)
  • TOM 4669 Fuerteventura to Gatwick 26/10/2013 over 4 hour delay
    Was anyone on this flight? Have they tried to claim compensation and been refused??
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    keith-66 wrote: »
    You have to get the delay compensation submitted in 28 days.

??? Pardon?
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 February 2014 at 2:59PM
    was swiftly told that they do not abide or agree with such EU law.

Interesting!
    I have given them approximately 14 days in the letter, but it is not 2 weeks.

Not sure what you mean. This is a legal process so you do need to use as much precision as you can. I don't believe there is any magic about 14 days but if you set a deadline, it should be a set date.
    I have followed the web pages advice to the point, so would love if someone could share their experience and direction with me.

The accumulated knowledge and experience of posters is in the FAQs and airline threads. The direction is for you to determine having done the research; it's not a decision someone can make for you. If you don't fancy that, try a no win no fee firm.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback