Stash Busting 2019 - I WILL use my mountains of craft stash before buying more!

Options

Comments

• ponypal
    ponypal Posts: 416 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I was gifted a sheet of stickers and a die cut sticker, just being accountable! I have also purchased 2 die cut stickers which I didn't think about at the time, but it kind of means I have broken my ban D:
    They have not arrived yet but I might do a count of all my stuff when they get here.
    Debt Free since December 2017#11 3-6 month Emergency Fund - £3,207.08/£6,000.00
  • rosie51
    rosie51 Posts: 257 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    One black bag of stuffing used to fill 2 dog beds i have made,plus 2 covers for them from fabric in stash. Now 18/150
    2020 Stash makes/destash 61/150
  • emsi_b
    emsi_b Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I sorted through my craft room (guest bedroom if hubby is reading:rotfl:) and managed to condense a couple of drawers, and recycle a few odd scraps I'd been keeping. I have a bit of a storage problem in that the shelves I have aren't tall enough to put some bits on them, so the underneath of my desk is now full of big boxes! I did feel good condensing the drawers down- I had 3 drawers of card making embellishments, and now I have 2! I only binned a few small bits really, so I have been using up quite a bit.
    I have almost finished another cross stitch. They are so tiny really, but I do love the look of them on cards.
    Make £2024 in 2024- £352.54/£2024

41/200- bust my craft stash 2024! £10.80 spent
    211/200- bust my craft stash 2023!
  • nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I’ve had a belt of a clear out today. We had a new to us sofa which my fella has picked up. So have Put the old one in the back garden - he collects another tomorrow and we’ll get this and an arm chair to the tip ASAP.

As such got rid of some old screwed up wrapping paper and some wall paper samples that were covered in dust stuffed down the side of the old sofa. Not exactly a massive space saver but still out of the House and into the recycling.

My next project has to be to sand and paint a cupboard for the front room. It will store some of my massive craft stash and ufo’s So they are not stacked in the front room all over the coffee table. I will need to develop some kind of basket / box system to keep the projects together for this. The cupboard was at the back of the shed until the weekend when my partner was thrilled that I made him dig it out for me. He was in there getting rid of an old mower so it made sense. It’s now by the door so handy to get to when he is out. In my head the cupboard was deeper then it actually is. So may need to come up with a plan b for baskets boxes etc...

I plan to sew some covers for some cushions that although brand new have started to split a little down the seams. That should bust some stash of not so nice fabric and shouldn’t take too long once the fabric is ironed. I’ve already started the outside cushions covers. Just need to stitch them up. They were to be a birthday gift last November. Obviously not happened. They may now be a housewarming gift for the same person. Haha.

I’ve got a stack of mending to do. I seem to lack motivation when I need to change the thread in my sewing machine. I don’t know why it’s not exactly a challenge - but it has seemed to be all the reason I need to not sew something. I may make myself a black thread and a white thread list and crack on with at least some of it.

I seem to have a project list as long as my arm and no time to start anything or no motivation anyway.

So 110 / 400. But more through clearing out then making.

Need to get a wriggle on.

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • Sayschezza
    Sayschezza Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Can you make box shaped bags for your projects to store in the cupboard.
    All that clutter used to be money
  • nimbo
    Options
    I like that as a plan. It would also use up more stash.

The cupboard has doors so a mish mash of storage solutions will be used inside. All free is the idea.

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
  • emsi_b
    emsi_b Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Cross stitch done, and two embroidery hoops bought to help with the hand cramp I get if I'm doing it for too long. I managed to walk all the way around hobby craft and only bought those two bits...! Much better disciplined than early on in my quest :)
    Make £2024 in 2024- £352.54/£2024

41/200- bust my craft stash 2024! £10.80 spent
    211/200- bust my craft stash 2023!
  • ponypal
    ponypal Posts: 416 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Donated some unused arts and crafts bits to be sold at a carboot fundraiser my colleagues are doing so that's a few less bits and bobs I didn't enjoy using in the first place!
    Debt Free since December 2017#11 3-6 month Emergency Fund - £3,207.08/£6,000.00
  • Sayschezza
    Sayschezza Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Still knitting and sewing but stash not going down very quickly. Sorted out scrapbook stuff and have a box full to pass on to friends. Turned down a patchwork quilt kit from a friend who has too much stash as I knew it would never get finished at the rate I sew so feeling a bit smug about that.
    All that clutter used to be money
  • nimbo
    Options
    Nothing crafty. Boo hiss.

Finished off two notebooks. Yay.

112 / 400.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport