Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• Smodlet wrote: »
    "My man"..? My good woman, if your lordship would be so kind.

Yes, serfing the net is a good idea. I'm claiming this round. :cool:
    My sincere apologies. I stand corrected and grateful for your counsel :A
    Mornië utulië
  • My brother, mother and I recently switched to a fixed deal with E.on but unfortunately for all of us the switch was far from smooth. The problem was that when all three of us tried to give readings on the day they specified we had problems with the website and it kept giving us error messages. It was very difficult to contact E.on, emails took a very long time to get a response and between us we must have wasted at least three hours just trying to give our initial readings. Reading between the lines when we finally got to speak to somebody we got the impression that the problems arose because they were asking us for readings before they were set up to receive them.

We hate switching gas and electricity because in our experience it NEVER goes smoothly - the most difficult is switching out. This is the third switch which hasn't been great.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    andrewjoh wrote: »
    My brother, mother and I recently switched to a fixed deal with E.on but unfortunately for all of us the switch was far from smooth. The problem was that when all three of us tried to give readings on the day they specified we had problems with the website and it kept giving us error messages. It was very difficult to contact E.on, emails took a very long time to get a response and between us we must have wasted at least three hours just trying to give our initial readings. Reading between the lines when we finally got to speak to somebody we got the impression that the problems arose because they were asking us for readings before they were set up to receive them.

We hate switching gas and electricity because in our experience it NEVER goes smoothly - the most difficult is switching out. This is the third switch which hasn't been great.

Hi. Why do we switch suppliers? To save money, right? You get nothing for nothing.

Yes, Eon's website is a bit (lot) of a pain compared to my last supplier's but the tariff they have provided is over £200 per year cheaper... Worth even the pain of the incalculable incompetence I have experienced from their overseas call centre, imho.

Unless the three of you are in three separate properties, perhaps it might be an idea for the three of you to decide which one of you communicates with Eon and leave it at that, do you think? Just a suggestion which might avoid wasted time, repetition and confusion; no offence intended and many apologies if I have misunderstood your situation.
  • No we all live in separate properties and all three of us have experienced difficulties with our switch. It's not rocket science for these companies to be efficient and organised to deal with these switches.
  • andrewjoh wrote: »
    My brother, mother and I recently switched to a fixed deal with E.on but unfortunately for all of us the switch was far from smooth. The problem was that when all three of us tried to give readings on the day they specified we had problems with the website and it kept giving us error messages. It was very difficult to contact E.on, emails took a very long time to get a response and between us we must have wasted at least three hours just trying to give our initial readings. Reading between the lines when we finally got to speak to somebody we got the impression that the problems arose because they were asking us for readings before they were set up to receive them.

andrewjoh wrote: »
    No we all live in separate properties and all three of us have experienced difficulties with our switch. It's not rocket science for these companies to be efficient and organised to deal with these switches.

Hello andrewjoh and thank you for joining us.

I'm sorry the switches for your mother, brother and you didn't go smoothly. We've had issues with our website recently that have impacted customers trying to switch and enter meter readings.

We use a meter reading window and readings received during this time are valid and will be used to open the accounts. The dates the window is open are advised on the communications we send as part of the switch. We also send these readings to the old suppliers so they can close their accounts. This stops the same energy from being charged twice.

I'm sorry, too, you had difficulties contacting us and thank you for persevering.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Smodlet wrote: »
    Hi. Why do we switch suppliers? To save money, right? You get nothing for nothing.

Yes, Eon's website is a bit (lot) of a pain compared to my last supplier's but the tariff they have provided is over £200 per year cheaper... Worth even the pain of the incalculable incompetence I have experienced from their overseas call centre, imho.

Unless the three of you are in three separate properties, perhaps it might be an idea for the three of you to decide which one of you communicates with Eon and leave it at that, do you think? Just a suggestion which might avoid wasted time, repetition and confusion; no offence intended and many apologies if I have misunderstood your situation.

Hello Smodlet and I'm sorry you've had difficulties with one of our Call Centres.

I recall a previous post where you explained the issues in more detail. I can't remember if I told you at the time that I'd sent your post to the lady responsible for these Centres and made her aware of your poor experience. This has helped drive a re-training programme to improve the level of knowledge of these advisors. We'll start seeing the results of this programme shortly.

Many thanks for the feedback Smodlet. As ever, Helena and I are around if you need our help.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Smodlet
    Forumite
    Sorry, Malc, for dredging up the past; I was just trying to let the OP know I feel his pain. If anything comes of feedback, I will be pleasantly surprised, is all I will say. ;)
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Organisation Representative
    Smodlet wrote: »
    Sorry, Malc, for dredging up the past; I was just trying to let the OP know I feel his pain. If anything comes of feedback, I will be pleasantly surprised, is all I will say. ;)

No worries Smodlet. Wasn't sure if I'd told you I'd passed it on. I think I was having a senior moment. :D

Have a good weekend.

Malc
  • Smodlet
    Forumite
    Senior moment? Never, Malc and thank you for all your support during and after my switch.

I know I used to lig on here when I was not even an Eon customer and it is down to you and Helena that I chose Eon when the time came for me to switch... Yes, it is all o' y'all's fault. :D

Please enjoy your week end, too. :)
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hello Terry98 and thanks for joining us.

We're looking to start upgrading most of our earlier SMETS1 smart meters to SMETS2 later this year. We're currently in the middle of a trial. These updates will be done remotely and will mean SMETS1 meters can be managed in the same way as SMETS2 including being able to send us readings automatically.

As well as upgrading the SMETS1 meters we installed, we're also doing the same with meters installed by other suppliers and where the customer has switched to us.

There will be some early smart meter installations (mainly from 2014 and before) where an upgrade won't be possible. In these cases, we'll offer customers new SMETS2 meters.

Hope this explains Terry98. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc

Hi Malc

Any further news on the SMETS1 upgrades installed by other suppliers. I want to get back to the 21st century and stop having to crawl under cupboards every month to read my meter!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback