Free Hot drink and cake every month @ John Lewis

Comments

• sumoqueen
    sumoqueen Posts: 1,533
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    No wonder they give out vouchers - does anyone pay their prices for tea and cake?!! My mum and I went in on Tuesday to the expresso bar quite late in the afternoon (and the only cakes left were the more expensive ones) and if we were paying it was just short of £13!!
    No buying toiletries challenge - possibly for most of 2011,2012,2013,2014,2015!
    £1 in sealed pot for each UU (2011 135/500:D) 2012 have UU 130/400 (never realised I had a mini chemist under my bed!!!) :rotfl:2013 UU 156/350. 2014 UU 197/250 2015 UU 16/100

Nursing is a work of heart by angels in comfortable shoes!!! :)
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 15 December 2013 at 4:07PM
    I find the brick size shortbread is good value. The tea is on the expensive side, but I don't mind paying a little extra for the ambience ;)
    I'm saving my December voucher for when I'm next in London. May visit Waitrose on Oxford Street to get my free daily drink and then later/earlier a JL cafe for my drink + cake :D
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • Ezmondino
    Ezmondino Posts: 404 Forumite
    edited 16 December 2013 at 12:51PM
    I got the vouchers and card after a few weeks and used this for the first time on Saturday (my wife did it also). Nearly £12 worth of cake and hot drink for free :) Although I'd never pay it!
  • Has anyone else had problems receiving their card? I ordered mine on 31 Oct and still haven't received it. They told me they had sent the first card to the wrong address and reissued it on 25 Nov when I called to see what was happening. A few weeks later I called as I hadn't received the second one to be told it can take up to 4 weeks. I contacted them again yesterday as still nothing after 4 weeks and was now told it can take 4-6 weeks. I have an email address to escalate it if it doesn't arrive in 6 weeks. I am concerned about my data being lost and sent to the wrong address not to mention offering vouchers on sign up which im not receiving.
  • GetRealBabe
    GetRealBabe Posts: 2,258
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    kentcouple wrote: »
    Has anyone else had problems receiving their card?receiving.

Hi

Yes, ordered mine about 3-4 weeks ago, still waiting. Hope it's worth the wait.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 089-Finally got a signature.:rotfl::j

• Red_Cat
    Red_Cat Posts: 1,040 Forumite
    eleanor73 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can take away? Thanks

I was able to get a takeaway Latte and choc muffin from Peterborough store. I was on my way to the railway station, so didn't want to miss a train and they were fine about it.
    Hoping this year is better than the last. :)
  • Sorry for the late reply. I hope yours arrives soon. It's now 6 weeks since they said they reissued the card and coming up for 3 months since I originally applied and still nothing. Im not impressed, particularly with the dismissive responses I got from the "my John lewis" department. I am planning to write a formal complaint to their head office if it doesn't arrive by the end of this week. Any good will from offering these vouchers is rapidly decreasing and I am concerned about the security of my details.
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Mee wrote: »
    I'm saving my December voucher for when I'm next in London. May visit Waitrose on Oxford Street to get my free daily drink and then later/earlier a JL cafe for my drink + cake :D

didn't know there was a Waitrose in Oxford St - thank you, I'm going to London soon.
  • loranius
    loranius Posts: 1,090
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Chris25 wrote: »
    didn't know there was a Waitrose in Oxford St - thank you, I'm going to London soon.

I think this is the Waitrose which is at the basement floor of John Lewis :)
  • beth01dog
    beth01dog Posts: 110 Forumite
    Hi
    Does anybody know if the vouchersc an be used in Knight and Lee in Southsea? It's a branch of the JL partnership so am thinking probably not but it's our nearest so would be good if we can!
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport