PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 18th February 2019

Comments

• Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Bathrooms cleaned.
    One load of washing blowing around outside. 2nd load of bath mats etc currently in the wm
    DD is much better and has treated her room to a clean and sparkle, including vacuuming.
    Vacuum cleaner appears to have died with the shock of the above.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,906 Forumite
    Hello all. Just about to start second shift of day. Am keeping on top of basics and have done some LR jobs.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Jojo_the_Tightfisted Posts: 27,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 21 February 2019 at 6:27PM
    Fancy light taken down and scrubbed with a toothbrush. Just got to get Himself to put it back up again now it's dry [strike]because I'm not doing it[/strike].

Other than that, beggar all done, except kettle put on for a bash at cleaning the settee.

ETA: settee scrubbed. Still looks awful because it's knackered and permanently stained [strike]by me falling asleep on it wearing vinyl trousers three weeks after buying the thing eight years ago[/strike], along with it cracking all over the fixed cushions, but it's not dirty per se now.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Long drive done
    Dinner done

Dentist tomorrow
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • TD on with stuff himself added to the darks I'd already put into the WM. Fortunately, the yellow duster had already been through once [strike]and shed all over a previous load[/strike], so no harm done there.

Two of the Idiot Animal's favourite throws hurled into the WM. He sat in the middle of the (still clean) kitchen floor, glaring at me as I did it. Haven't told him that his cushions are going in tomorrow.

Can't believe it's nearly the end of my week off already. Or that it's been spent doing nowt but cleaning.

Woe betide anybody who fails to keep it at this standard. :mad:
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,758 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Have ironed today's line-dried laundry. Basket doesn't have much in it. Been lazy today though.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Hi all. Long day at paid stuff and out for tea but did manage a sweep, mop and tidy. Bedtime soon.

Technically only need to do 2.5 hours tomorrow to complete my hours for the week, will see how that goes. Want to try and get to gym.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,419 Forumite
    Today has been a good day. I have
    - sorted and put away some bits from the Toddler Group
    - took DH to play on the railway and left him to his own devices for the day
    - hoovered bedroom floors
    - done WMx1, now all hung neatly on airer
    - had my nails done my nails, over coffee and chat with a friend from the Old Wives
    - went out with another friend to the archives to find her baptism record: she was amazed that we found both hers and her brother's within 5 minutes :D
    - was treated by her to a light lunch in the museum cafe next door to the archives, and I showed her the family history research that I have been doing to trace one of her family lines: she was even more amazed that I had got back to her gt-gt-gt-grandmother born 1776 and wants me to look up all her other lines too :D so that's my free time planned out for the next few weeks! On the way home we did a detour to find the road where her mum grew up (sadly the area has been redeveloped and the house no longer exists).
    - I took Rosie for an hour's walk down the bridle path and through the very big woods, which was very pleasant
    - made a list of seeds to buy tomorrow or Saturday
    - DH got a train and taxi home so I didn't have to drive 30 min each way to fetch him :)
    - cooked and ate tea
    - ordered some birth, marriage and death certificates for friend
    - watched some TV with DH

I actually feel more relaxed this evening than I have done for ages :) I hope other people have also managed some "Me" time this week xx
  • Morning all
    Hope everyone is well, hugs for everyone and thank you for kindness lass week and the support shown.
    So far is week I have survived the funeral and dealt with some of the paperwork that needs name changes on. Yesterday all morning was taken up with an eye scan for mil then because of the drops used to dialate her pupils I couldn't leave her for 5 hours so ended up staying round hers and going through her drawers and cupboards with her to tidy up, put dirty clthes in washing basket instead of drawers and remove things that had been secreted in various hiding places in her room.
    Last night I went through our own paperwork so know what I have to still do, I've ticked off what I've done and lots of unnecessary stuff has been taken out to shred. I still have another box file of older paperwork to tackle but that hasn't been added to for probably three years so I think that will be more shredding.
    Today I have a couple of banking appts and need to ring solicitor again to get some some papers verifying. I'll try and be back in later but I am most definitely off list for a while.
    X
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Morning all. Mrs MP there is such a lot to do, I hope you don't get any difficulties with paperwork to make it harder. I hope the funeral went well, or as well as it can do.

I've got washing in, it's a bit foggy at the moment but I think it's supposed to get better so I'll be hanging that out. I've dusted and polished downstairs and I'll do upstairs when DH gets up. Too early to vacuum yet though. I had a huuuuge piece of pork with the shopping this week so I've got that in the oven as it was dated Sunday, and when that's done I'll slice it all up and freeze most of it for later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure