PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Lemonade Budget.

Comments

• candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Gawd.....still not sorted yet.?? That's terrible.

Long boring story hun :(
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • I've been listening to lots of music in the past few months. I like music that reminds me of being at university. It's The Prodigy and Faithless at the moment.:dance:

It's horrible weather today, grey and dull and rainy. Oh well, I must take my brolly when I go out to the herbalist.

I'm going to buy a sandwich (and a cake hopefully if I can find one!) for my lunch.:A
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I think listening to your favourite music is just fabulous, it can transport you into another world......For a couple of years after my husbands death I couldn't bear to listen to music, it was just too painful and emotional. Thankfully I can now.

I also love some of the old films from my youth......all those fantastic movie stars to swoon over - some of them are even still alive......:D

My DIL makes me laugh, she seems to think it's time I found a new love, someone like Andy Garc!a ....:rotfl: I havent the heart to tell her that short Latinos just don't do anything for me....I prefer tall Celts or Anglo Saxons......

Anyhoo.....That is all conjecture. (And probably pie in the sky). After all the two Johns were a dead loss.....:rotfl:

I went for a lovely massage this afternoon. I feel great now all the muscles have been de-knotted. I must try to do yoga every day to keep them loose and flexible.

Tomorrow I'm off to see the chiropodist. Two pamper sessions in one week. :D.

I think I'm going to see Green Books on Wednesday.
  • Last Thursday my Champagne moment was arriving by train and taxi at my sister H's House without any mishaps or delays on my journey to Birmingham. :)

Last Friday my Champagne moment was being able to relax and watch TV in peace with my feet up in my sister R's house whilst my sister and my nephew were at work. :D

On Saturday my 4 sister's and I went to a Valentine's Dance. We all had a really good night out dancing and talking to each other. :D

On Sunday my sister H did Sunday dinner for 15 members of the family consisting of Roast shoulder of lamb, gravy, Lasagne, basmati rice, roast potatoes, macaroni cheese, fried sea bass fillets, chicken drumsticks, coleslaw and a large mixed salad buffet style for everyone to help themselves. :T The food was absolutely delicious. :D There were various cakes and 3 flavours of Carte D'Or ice cream for dessert. I personally was unable to find room for any type of dessert after eating my dinner which I thoroughly enjoyed. After dinner we all sat around catching up with each other's news and having a right old laugh. :j:D

My Champagne moment yesterday was coming home after a lovely 4 night visit with my sisters. :D
  • sheilavw
    sheilavw Posts: 1,600 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    my champagne moment was hot bath, then used the neom body lotion I was bought for my birthday
  • My Champagne moments yesterday were going to watch the 2 films The Kid Who Would Be King and Instant Family at Streatham Odeon with my Limitless card. Both films exceeded my expectations and both had a lot of humour in them which got me laughing out loud again and again. I would give both films 9.5/10 :D
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    We saw Instant Family yesterday, very good. Ate at Prezzo afterwards, on the meerkats, of course, so definitely champagne on lemonade budget.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • Champagne moments from last night:

I was early and the guy I was meeting was late so I looked around the area for a vegan-friendly restaurant. I haven't been to that area before so I had to walk around for about 20 minutes.

I found a Chinese restaurant in the end. It looked busy with people (including Chinese people) so I assumed it was nice. Very cheap and big portions. The boy serving me looked shocked when I gave him a tip as he said people don't usually tip in there!:eek::D

I really enjoyed the concert too, much better than I even expected it to be! I laughed a lot throughout the night.:T
  • Good morning....and another lovely day.

Sounds like you are all enjoying your champagne moments on a lemonade budget.

Wednesday your night out sounds fantastic. Glad you had such a good time.

Well I have had lots of wonderful champagne moments and I have hardly made a dent in my lemonade budget.

I had a very successful charity shopping trip and bought some lovely clothes. Spent the exhorbitant sum of £10 on two fab coats and two tops.

I have been out and about with friends, for coffees and lunches.....lovely times with my favourite people. Tomorrow I'm going for a posh afternoon tea in a swanky hotel.

I have enjoyed sunrises and sunsets and last nights amazing moon as I went for an evening stroll. (Building up my step count to improve my health and fitness). You don't need to be rich or pay fancy gym prices to exercise.

I have enjoyed some tasty nutritious healthy meals whilst managing to keep to my budget, shopping from the market and the discounters.

The warm weather has meant that I have been able to slash my heating bill this week.

I have had a massage and been to the chiropodist, so a bit of indulgent pampering.

So all in all, I am delighted to say that my lemonade budget is doing very well and I'm living like a Duchess. :D

Currently sat here with a face mask on, and about to luxuriate in a nice hot bath before heading off to the garden centre to buy some trees.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend....the weather forecast looks great.
  • sheilavw
    sheilavw Posts: 1,600 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 February 2019 at 4:52PM
    LL the word swanky so reminds me of my lovely late Mum, she often used to say people were ‘s!!!!!!! if showing off!. my school holiday week is coming to a close. enjoyed a couple of lunches. Hoping me n Hubby will go out for a drive n spot of lunch over the weekend. The weather is beautiful
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback