Fizzy drinks shortage/withdraw from retailers

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I have visited Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco and Morrisons and none have any own brand ginger beer in stock. What is the reason for this as they do have other Carbonated drinks in stock

As a previous poster pointed out, the own branded GB is from a supplier who gets the C02 from a supplier that has closed whereas the branded ones get it from a dupplier who is still open or maybe the supermarkets depots have a supply of the branded lines.
  • vivatifosi
    vivatifosi Posts: 18,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee! PPI Party Pooper
    Went to Sainsbury's today. They had no flavoured fizzy water from any brand including their own. They also only had two Volvic options for non fizzy water. At Tesco on Saturday the only own brand fizzy soft drinks were in cans.
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
  • MrsStepford
    MrsStepford Posts: 1,592 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 12 July 2018 at 5:23PM
    Got ASDA own brand diet lemonade 6 pack delivered Friday. It's very lemony too !

Volvic comes from France but is it bottled in the UK ? It's not naturally carbonated like Badoit and Vichy. Perrier is another French water with added carbonation. That might be tankered in and carbonated here ??
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Noticed in Asda all of their mixers (ginger ale, tonic water) was sold out.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Noticed in Asda all of their mixers (ginger ale, tonic water) was sold out.

Same with a local Sainsburys earlier.
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Some of Tesco!!!8217;s own brand carbonated drinks are also affected by a shortage due to a factory fire.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Local Lidl was devoid of just about all fizzy drinks today , and signs up apologising
  • lily117
    lily117 Posts: 610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Aldi have plenty of lemonade in, at least in my local store and I prefer it to other brands.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I got a bottle of the 4ldi diet cola today.... 17p. Just to try it to "eke out" my stock of my favourite fizzy.

Tried it, expecting it to be "not much different" to colas/etc .... it's minging. Not fizzy enough, not syrupy enough.

I'm down to my last six 2-litre bottles of my favourite stuff.... but not overly bothered to be honest.

It does one good to "go without" sometimes - and it's not forever.
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Fanta Lemon 2l is proving hard to find in our area of Manchester ...
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport