The Great Free Online Courses Hunt (merged)

Comments

• welovepandas
    welovepandas Posts: 14 Forumite
    sweetsis wrote: »
    does anybody knowany free or cheap courses of IT or Office(MS office,customer serivice,and other skills) courses,please do tell
    i have tried vision 2 learn but the courses r not available in my area,and i m not working

I study with learndirect and I'm doing a ECDL - European Computer Driving License. It's great if you can use a computer but you want a qualification - it covers word, powerpoint, excel, databases and proves to employers that you can use a computer confidently. The course is over £200 but is free for those unemployed. The only charge is £30 that you have to pay to receive a computer log book. I study at my own pace and either go into a learndirect centre or do the work at home online. I was even given a free taster of the course (at one of their centres) to check it was right for me.

Why not give learndirect a ring to find out more?
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    I found these beginners guitar,piano,drums and vocal lessons quite good at
    http://www.geocities.com/mecmirror/

I am also a great fan of Clickbank Margetplace.
    Now the products arent free but many of them have "FREE TRIALS" . This normally involves giving your email address so its a good idea to set one up with Yahoo or Lycos or similar just for this purpose.

Heres some good TRIAL courses to sign up to

(Note to Mods -These are NOT affiliate links)

GUITAR

http://www.clickbank.com/buy_products.htm?method=Sort&c=-1&subc=-1&keywords=guitar&sortBy=popularity&i=10

PIANO

http://www.clickbank.com/buy_products.htm?method=Sort&c=-1&subc=-1&keywords=Piano&sortBy=popularity&i=10
  • hi does anyone know where i can get help with becoming a plumber or joiner? help with fees too.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    If you put "online plumbers course" into Google it will throw up umpteen diifferent courses that are available.
  • rodman
    rodman Posts: 168 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    If you don't qualify for free Open University courses, and/or just want to learn for fun/personal development rather than gaining a qualification, you might be interested in this site:

http://openlearn.open.ac.uk/

how to get register on this website? is it only for special students?
  • juno
    juno Posts: 6,553 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I've just found the BBC's online Masterchef course. It tells you about cooking and food safety and things like that.
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• kisto
    kisto Posts: 7,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    keefyboy wrote: »
    Does or has anyone seen a free course for BSL (British Sign Language) anywhere please.
    I am disabled, living on Benefits and not easily mobile so online course would be great so my wife and I can both learn before I lose the rest of me hearing

This is not really going to help you but I am doing a free BSL course at the moment. I orginally started it as I was working with a profoundly deaf child. The course was on offer free if you worked/volunteered with children aged 0 - 6. If you did have to pay the exams are only £30.

It's not really the sort of thing you can learn at home online.
    :T*Thanks to all who posts comps * :j
  • I have just enrolled on an online ECDL course. The training is free but you will need to find a local test centre and pay for the test when you are ready.

www.alison.com

Other free online courses are: -

Microsoft Excel
    Microsoft Word
    Microsoft Access
    Microsoft Powerpoint
    E-citizen
    Financial Literacy (mainly for people from USA)
    Various Health and Safety Courses
    Psychometric tests
    Touch type
  • Declared interest: I co-wrote these courses

Totally free Maths KS3 and GCSE courses.
    www.mathslinks.co.uk

Coming soon A/A* GCSE revision course (hopefully).
    also known as The Sausage King
  • Titch28
    Titch28 Posts: 97 Forumite
    Thanks everyone I've had a really good luck at most of these sites the one from Smog is brill for me especially because I'm hoping to go to uni next year to do Psychology and it tells me how to quick read papers etc things I never got taught when I was at school, quite a long time ago but a big Thank you to Martin for this site xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure