Con artists - "Approved Garages"

Comments

• hucker
    hucker Posts: 112 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    treboeth wrote: »
    "Nobody likes a grasser"
    "I will not stoop to your level of childish insults."

Constantly referring to police as "pigs" and insulting people with problems, I think you are the one that needs to go back to primary school.
    Enjoy the school holidays ;-)

Everybody calls the police pigs. Nobody wants to be controlled by a government they never voted for.

Now please explain to me how I can be at school and be getting an MOT. DOH! You really are thick.
  • hucker
    Mercdriver wrote: »
    What about the person you kill through your illegal action of not wearing a seatbelt in the back? Do they not have the right to remain alive and uninjured?

The only person I could kill would be someone else in the same car, they are free to ask me to wear one and I can accept that or get out of the car. But nobody outside of the car I'm in can be affected so they have no right to tell me to wear one.
    You seem to think that when it comes to you, that as long as you're not caught, then there is nothing wrong in the act. So are you saying that taking drugs, sexual abuse and other crimes are fine and dandy while the perpetrators remain uncaught that it is no one else's business what happens behind closed doors? That is the logic you re using.

It's fine if it doesn't affect strangers. Why wouldn't it be?
  • hucker
    Then fit the part yourself then. Simples.

Some people don't know how. We should all be able to pay a garage to do the work of fitting a part. Supplying that part does not have to be part of the payment. Only cowboy garages, like the one you presumably own and keep defending, add markup. Markup is THEFT.
    There is more to invoicing than just charging for someone's time. The employer also has to pay the employees' employer's National Insurance and also pension contributions for his employees

Then add it to the labour fee like the decent garages do.
    - yes, that is now a legal requirement - and no, Hucker, it is nothing to do with the EU - this is a law made by our own parliament.

I guess you've never heard of cash in hand.
  • hucker
    Joe_Horner wrote: »
    And that's usually a lot higher than others realise.

I aim to average £75 an hour for chargeable time at the bench, I take home under £10 / hour for hours actually worked (including all the non-chargeable admin time etc) once all the overheads are accounted for.

And my overheads are LOT lower than even a small garage.

Then you're not running your business very well, as my local garage can charge me £40 an hour and make a profit.
  • Joe_Horner
    Joe_Horner Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    hucker wrote: »
    Then you're not running your business very well, as my local garage can charge me £40 an hour and make a profit.

Wow, you really do have no idea, do you?

I'm not about to give you a lesson in business practices because it'd do no good.

But note that I was talking billable hours, then including the non billable ones in my "take home" because, if I was an employee, all those hours would count.

In any given day I might spend an hour on the phone to customers, 2 or 3 hours dealing with in-person enquiries in the shop, another hour sorting out post in & out, half an hour on general admin and ordering parts, another half hour general tidying and shop presentation stuff. That might leave me with a couple of hours of actual "earning" time at the bench by the end of the day.

As it's my own business, no-one pays me directly for those hours and that reduces my effective hourly rate. But I still make a profit and a living out of it & have survived the past 7 years from start-up without running up debts, so can't be doing too much wrong.

Oh, and I also include a healthy mark-up on the batteries, straps and parts that I fit. Because that's all part of business.
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Some people don't know how. We should all be able to pay a garage to do the work of fitting a part. Supplying that part does not have to be part of the payment. Only cowboy garages, like the one you presumably own and keep defending, add markup. Markup is THEFT.

I guess you've never heard of being a law abiding citizen respecting others around him. You do realise a cash in hand means not paying tax and then other people go without don't you? If that person makes short cuts like that how do you know they have the expertise to do the job properly?

Mark up is not theft. It's called making a profit. The person that makes a cake in a coffee shop marks up the cost of making the cake. Does that make it theft? No. Grow up and stop shirking your responsibilities.
  • Mercdriver

I don't own a garage. Nor do I know anyone personally that does. You don't understand the concept of running a business.
  • Joe_Horner
    Joe_Horner Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 August 2018 at 12:02AM
    original post removed

I never claimed any admin had contacted you, but they clearly agreed seeing as they deleted your last two posts insulting people with mental problems.

Oh, and guess what?........
  • Mercdriver
    Everybody calls the police pigs. Nobody wants to be controlled by a government they never voted for.

Now please explain to me how I can be at school and be getting an MOT. DOH! You really are thick.

Do you understand the concept of democracy at all? Besides didn't you say you voted Tory? What party is in power at the moment, with the help of the DUP? Clue it's not the Lib Dems or Labour.

Seems to me you need to move to a country with a dictatorship.
  • mollycat
    mollycat Posts: 1,475 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The only person I could kill would be someone else in the same car, they are free to ask me to wear one and I can accept that or get out of the car. But nobody outside of the car I'm in can be affected so they have no right to tell me to wear one.

It's fine if it doesn't affect strangers. Why wouldn't it be?

My bold.

Hucker responding to Mercdriver stating that amongst other things, sexual abuse is "fine".

I'm going to call it a day reading this idiot's views on the world.

If he's a troll it's not funny any more, if he's serious then god help those unlucky enough to have him in their lives.

Just my opinion guys.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport