Oneselect ceased trading

Comments

• nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    scruti wrote: »
    Will have to check alternatives ASAP, but seems we're going to be for a while trapped in this price before we can move.
    Anyone know how long before it's safe to switch? It looks like I there is a 2 year fix with Scottish Power that is cheaper than the Together tariff. Even if it's not the cheapest at least they are unlikely to go out of business & cause me this unwanted hassle.
  • PenryP
    PenryP Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I'm in the SWEB region, and the prices here are

Elec 15.02 p/kWh + 26.17p/day, which for me is 25% increase in rate, + 1.3p/day

Gas 3.79p p/kWh + 19.06p/day, which for me is 38% increase in rate, - 4.5p/day

no mention in the tariff email if those figures include VAT @ 5% or if that wil be added on later.
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    PenryP wrote: »
    Ino mention in the tariff email if those figures include VAT @ 5% or if that wil be added on later.
    It would not be legal to quote only VAT-free prices to a consumer. My email had the tariff described as "Together OS Dec 18 (inc VAT)".

As there is no mention of paying a penalty to switch I assume that I will be able to switch without an early exit fee just as soon as my credit from OneSelect has been transferred over.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,245 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 December 2018 at 7:01PM
    nigelbb wrote: »
    Just got the email with the tariff from Together & it looks like a 25-30% price hike over what I was paying OneSelect. I realise that OneSelect went bust partly because they weren't charging enough but this is ridiculous. Very poor communication too as full info on the tariff is missing so I am not even sure if it is fixed or what is the end date or how it compares with Together's other tariffs.
    It is a temporary tariff lasting 6 months, or until the date your account is fully open and you move to one of their other tariffs / switch away.

It's best to do a comparison with the cheapest available tariff rather than comparing to the tariff you were on. Wholesale prices have gone up significantly in the past few months - probably part of the reason One Select failed.

For me, the tariff is quite competitive (inc VAT):
    Elec: 15.02p
    Elec E7: 15.52p / 10.68p
    Standing: 24.10p

I'm on E7 and the night rate is 2p more expensive, but other than that pretty close to the cheapest available deal. I use about 70% of my energy at peak times. I could only save about 3%, or £15-20 a year by switching elsewhere.

This is a lot better than I was fearing!
  • masonic
    As there is no mention of paying a penalty to switch I assume that I will be able to switch without an early exit fee just as soon as my credit from OneSelect has been transferred over.
    There's no penalty to switch from this tariff, as covered in the FAQ on their website. If you are eager to switch, you can probably start the process just as soon as you have account details - there is a cooling off period before the switch initiates anyway so by that time you may have the credit, and if not it should be reclaimable.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Anyone know how long before it's safe to switch? It looks like I there is a 2 year fix with Scottish Power that is cheaper than the Together tariff. Even if it's not the cheapest at least they are unlikely to go out of business & cause me this unwanted hassle.

Have a read of the raft of reviews about SP on Trustpilot et al. They are still under Ofgem scrutiny. My own experience of SP is no Final Bill for nearly 5 months: one property; one meter; two Supply Numbers and two suppliers who are both billing me. Give me a small supplier like Octopus or Zog any day. I will accept the very small risk that they could go under.
  • Kennny
    Kennny Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I received the same email notification, surprised to read this part:
    You will have received an email asking you to confirm your details and enter your meter readings. We know this is a busy time of year and we don’t want to trouble you but this makes the transfer process so much easier and means you only pay for what you should.
    But I haven't received an email asking me to confirm details and enter meter readings.

Anyone else in the same position?
  • masonic
    Kennny wrote: »
    Anyone else in the same position?
    You should have received an email, several of us have. It would be worth getting in touch with them to provide the details.
  • Said I should have received mail for confirmation but I haven't yet either. I guess they are behind - quite a lot of processing to do.

I notice the Oneselect account page is still running normally with all details so I've asked from the contact option there.
  • Same boat, no email requesting meter reading. One select also took a direct debit payment on the 11th December which isn’t showing when I log into my OneSelect account, not sure what I should do?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback