PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 2nd July 2018

Options

Comments

• klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Tossed and turned all blooming night so got up half and hour before the alarm and got some extra jobs done so pleased with myself which means tonight I can concentrate more on prepping meals etc, iv got one coloured wash to do that I need to do and I need to sort outfits for spin and for a night away with the horses. Clean clothes to put away and must hoover the stairs at some point! Its not as warm and its like pea soup here so that might inspire me to do some more!
    Mysterious Monday ~ Bathroom, Hall, Stairs and Study/PC Area
    Level One...
    [STRIKE]DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS
    Open windows to let in air – all day !!!128522;[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Wash and replace towels/flannels/bath mats with clean ones[/STRIKE]
    Clean cobwebs
    Level Two..
    [STRIKE]Clean bath/shower/sink and toilet - Don't forget to give those taps an extra shine!
    Throw away any empty bottles
    Straighten computer desk[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Delete 50 emails - do you really need that sale email from Dotty P's?[/STRIKE]
    Level Three...
    Wash/vacuum floor
    [STRIKE]Clean window
    Clean the windowsills[/STRIKE]
    Clean medicine cabinet - throw away out of date medicines.
    [STRIKE]Put away any stray items in the hall and stairs - do you really need all that stuff cluttering up the stairs and hall/landing!!![/STRIKE]
    Extras..
    • Wipe skirting boards up the stairs
    • [STRIKE]Check supplies of paper/printer cartridges/stamps and envelopes
    • Throw away any pens that don't work[/STRIKE]
    • Clean fingerprints off light switches and doors.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank you for all the lists and the work that goes into them.

Slinky, no comment, end of month report:- Kaz must try harder! enough said., but at least none went back on.

Scripers, £3.65 spent in June that didn't need to be, a sandwich while I was on my long drive, other wise happy with June and in under budget.

So far
    Whole of downstairs hoovered
    Kitchen done
    Bins done
    WM x 2 done and out on line
    Oven cleaned!
    1/2 houes weeding done

Now got to do
    Money shuffle for money
    Paint step way to the patio door, but got to find the correct paint, I know there is some................
    Get ready to draw up the draw bridge, it is Grand Prix this weekend and will utter chaos around here from about Thursday to late Sunday night..........
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Options
    I'm on the case, Jojo. The one we picked up on Saturday weighs 6.9 kgs so whatever model it is it'll be around the same weight. Here are Parcel Force rates. I can't work out which option means what, but if I drop it off at a Depot and you pick it up from one, that should be the cheapest option. Please could you nominate the most convenient depot for you and let me know the postcode and if none are convenient, your nearest post office? (If we've missed this one, we'll get another one but the price around here is usually £25. I'll also do a testrun to make sure it's in working order before sending it on it's way.)
    Thank you to the thread wizards, you are a grand bunch.

^ ^ ^ Wot she said.
    The move was chaotic, and what was initially a six month stay before returning to Glasgow has now become a permanent and !!!8216;until retirement!!!8217; relocation as DH was offered a Consultant post at the Royal Cornwall.

For the first time in 20 years I can plan more than six months in advance:j:j:D:D:j:j (Can you tell I!!!8217;m excited?:rotfl:)

Welcome back FBO! Huge congratulations to both your OH and you!

Another load pegged out this morning and I've decided to do the blankets one by one in our WM because drying them won't be an issue! OH and I have both hit a wall. We can hardly move and I think it's a combination of the rushed emptying of the chalet, dealing with all of the stuff and the heat combined with skyhigh humidity over the weekend. My office floor is now covered with piles of stuff and it's going to stay that way until I've got the energy to work out how best to deal with it all.

I had hoped the kittens could be trusted on the sundeck so we could have some air in the house but they both had to picked off the fencing this morning so we're working out how to create some sort of flyscreen type of affair from stuff we've got. If we have to buy the materials we'll do it because this weather is set to continue for another month.
    Better is good enough.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you, wonderful ladies, for the threads. I'm in, and definitely on a 'could do better' warning.

Welcome back FBO :wave:. I'm glad it's all working out for you.

It's a full day at work today, then I must put the evening to good use. I've got out of the habit of doing my MADs in the evening, and apparently they really were making a difference, just like it says on the box.

I'm going to quickly delete a few emails so that I can tick something off the list, then it's back to work.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,425 Forumite
    Options
    :wave: Welcome back FBO, and big congrats to your DH. Nice diving area? Good luck with the house sale!

Thank you Natty and Valli for the lists.

Glad to hear that your hip is improving, Jojo.

Wish, have you sorted that cellar yet?

I decided to take a few days off before tackling my final assignment, so today I have taken Rosie for an early walk while it was still cool enough not to need a hat, done WMx1 and pegged out, driven to Cathedral City for a committee meeting which is pleasure, not work ;), made 2 phonecalls, and taken my friend out for a country drive, followed by lunch which we ate in a lovely garden (and she paid :D). Old Wives meet this evening, so I need to find an object to take with me to talk about - before you suggest it, I shall be leaving DH at home with Rosie!

Tomorrow I have my last evening at college as a student. So many good friends made there :) I shall miss them so much that I am intending to join the library just so that I go back and see them a couple of times a month.

Must go now and cook something interesting for tea with mince ...
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Jojo_the_Tightfisted Posts: 27,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 2 July 2018 at 7:38PM
    Options

However, this brings its own issues. We are in a much smaller rented property and I have no cleaner:eek: Flylady support definitely required.

In view of the amount of work involved (and travelling), wouldn't it be a sensible idea to engage a cleaner where you are now?

Honey_Bear wrote: »
    I'm on the case, Jojo. The one we picked up on Saturday weighs 6.9 kgs so whatever model it is it'll be around the same weight. Here are Parcel Force rates. I can't work out which option means what, but if I drop it off at a Depot and you pick it up from one, that should be the cheapest option. Please could you nominate the most convenient depot for you and let me know the postcode and if none are convenient, your nearest post office? (If we've missed this one, we'll get another one but the price around here is usually £25. I'll also do a testrun to make sure it's in working order before sending it on it's way.)

Have PMd you. :D

News slipped out today that makes applying for the other job very sensible. So I am in the process of finishing off the application and remaining entirely blank faced when the Boss says 'thank goodness you're staying'. Yeah. As if I'll be kept on if the 'rumoured' (ie, somebody referred to the announcement without checking the announcement had been made) 'discussion' has been actually decided upon.

Although 4.5 years of redundancy *might* come in handy if I'm unsuccessful...

I'm possibly less concerned about this than some other people are.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,997 Forumite
    Options
    OMFG... I just logged to my friends facebook account.. the A-hole only took his self to a euthansia clinic and is gone.. I am so upset and I don't even know why.. He was supposed to beat it.. he promised.. why is he gone?

I can't stop the eyeball leaking.. FGS.. slap me!

RIP my beautiful flambouyant friend.. xxx I shall go out and get F***ing $***faced just for you xxx
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,425 Forumite
    Options
    No pigpen, I refuse to slap you. If you would allow me to, I would hug you. The loss of a dear friend is something to be mourned, not bottled up. Go out and do your best for him - it sounds like he was worth it xx
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear your news Pigpen. It's profoundly shocking, too, which makes it even harder to bear, losing a friend. (((Hugs)))
    Better is good enough.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,997 Forumite
    Options
    ionafan wrote: »
    No pigpen, I refuse to slap you. If you would allow me to, I would hug you. The loss of a dear friend is something to be mourned, not bottled up. Go out and do your best for him - it sounds like he was worth it xx

he wasn't .. he was a prize doofus.. but I think this is about everything else too and my emotion basket just upturned itself.. I have every emotion rolled and squeezed into a tiny Grinch heart and its leaking! His passing was just the final drip to send everything crashing... I'll get the beasties to bed... rage clean and I'll be grand..

Right.. back to being a hard-faced moo-er...

Beasties in bed
    Moomin on facetime with her friends tearing strips of CF and baggage.. I need to find a better name for it.. I shall ponder upon it (focuses mind!)
    every single thing that needed washing in my abode is washed.
    Mimi and Moomin both have real beds with clean bedding and are in a bedroom

I have a plan of action...

Middle room is to become DD2's bedroom.. should Tiddles turn up we will do a reshuffle..

Front room shall become the main room as it is bigger.
    The carpet can go down in the back room.
    The girls room is to be emptied of toys.. and only the things they play with are going back in.. the rest is being boxed and sent to CS because my head is done.
    I am getting lidded storage boxes and putting the yarn stash in the loft to create more space and empty a chest of drawers now.
    I need some underbed storage for the M's

This is a massive upheaval but a necessary one I feel.. and given I have an emotional cess bucket to empty I'm cracking on with it once Twinkle is in bed.. she is currently wiping stinky socks and her naked behind on my leg though.. :cool::cool:
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts