Precise Mortgages - how long from application to offer?

Hi all,

I've searched for answers to this, but can't find anything recent.

If anyone has dealt with Precise recently, I'd appreciate any insight into your timelines?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    About three weeks currently.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • starrybear
    starrybear Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks amnblog. And is that the timescale as a straightforward application, or would that include extra docs needing to be sent etc?
  • amnblog
    That is the case done correctly.

I wouldn't be quoting timescales based on half baked applications cos we don't do those.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • starrybear
    starrybear Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    'We'? Do you work for them directly?
  • amnblog
    'We' as a brokerage.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

• My full application went in 24th July, broker said they requested more info a week later (1st July) being more bank statements, official SA302's signed by HMRC and home phone number.

Letter arrived on the 4th directly from lender confirming direct debit details (I would assume standard practice).

All info now received from HMRC and will be submitting all docs on Monday 11th.

A waiting game now but I got the impression that they don't process or work on a huge amount of applications at a time as we phoned them to ask if they would accept faxed copies from HMRC and they said they were working on three other apps in front of ours so not to panic and wait until HMRC send the docs in the post.
  • phil22
    phil22 Posts: 142 Forumite
    Im also lookingg at this, we have a mortgage in principal and have out fianacal advisor visiting us this week. My partner has some debts etc and hes paying them off, weve had a mortgage in principal be accepted from them but anyone know how likly they are to accept everything? Im worried about all the bank statements and just all the info they need, do they accept a lot of people?
    Thanks
  • Linzi987
    Linzi987 Posts: 17 Forumite
    We put our application on the 4th July after a delay in our brokers office, not impressed with them ATM) the were assessing applications last Friday but heard they wanted further documents ie. The declaration (anyone else not signed this in the beginning? Trying to figure out if that needs adding to my list of complaints) and poa from 2014. I am convinced this is a bad sign and things aren't going to plan. I am 7 months pregnant and loosing sleep over it, has anyone else had positive or negative experiences after extra documents being needed?
  • Linzi987
    Linzi987 Posts: 17 Forumite
    We have a DIP and quoted rates of 5.3 something, I have a default that I had
    No idea above from virgin media when we moved two years ago which I am currently taking to the ombudsman as they have admitted they sent paper work to my old address rather than my new. My partner had a pdl within the last two years and both have credit cards which we are paying off. We're still waiting and I'm searching similar stories to find out if they have been accepted, older stories with ccjs and all sorted seem to of been cceoted in the past however others more recently not. If you find anything out please let me know!
  • amnblog
    The requirement for previous years proof of address cannot be anticipated by the broker. It is because you are not coming up at the stated address on the search in 2014.

Declarations are often best produced on submission of the application.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback