Utilita Tariff Rates for ex Our Power customers?

Has anyone who has been an Our Power customer as I, who have had their energy supply taken over by Utilita Energy been advised as to their exact tariff rates in p/kWh

All I’ve had is a letter advising me of the tariff name, that being “Smart Energy”,

I have found rates on their website for the Smart Energy tariff but that applies only to pre-payment meters of which I have not got. (extortionate btw). There was a promise of a “Welcome Pack” in the first letter of which I have still not received after 14 days.

Comments

• I do believe that prices are the same for Utilita, whether on credit or prepay meters. If this is true, I advise you to move rather quickly.
  • Fyne
    Fyne Posts: 52 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I was due to switch to Our Power with THTC tariff just before they went bust and after receiving a welcome email from Utilita I was told I could not cancel the switch as it was outside the 14 day cooling off period, dah!. A week later, I was read a statement that I was not a Utility customer and still with SSE. I contacted SSE and they informed me that according to the National Database Utilita is supplying my electric, back to Utilita and they finally agreed I was their customer. I pressed them for tariff information and was told that they don't have a tariff for THTC meters, no surprise there, and I would stay on the agreed Our Power rates until 1st April and then they would set a new tariff. I requested this in writing as I have no confidence that I am getting the correct information from Utilita, I received an email from their Customer Set Up Team titled "sensitive" as follows:

"Hello,
    This email is just to confirm that you are now a customer of Utilita energy. Your account is still in the registration process which should be complete by this afternoon.

Just so you know, you are not bound to a contract with Utilita energy and if you have any questions please contact are customer set up team on: 02381000181.
    Thank you.

Looks like they don't want me as a customer as they can't or won't be setting up a THTC tariff. Will continue to chase for confirmation of my tariff from 31st January and probably switch back to a fixed tariff with SSE.

What was Ofgem thinking of when they transferred Our Power's customers to Utilita !!
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Fyne wrote: »

What was Ofgem thinking of when they transferred Our Power's customers to Utilita !!

The same as they were when they transferred One Select customers to the useless Together Energy - as headless chickens!!
  • Oh wow am on the phone to them now to try and find some information out.

First of all could not tell me what Tariff etc I am on, what paying per kWh, could only tell me no standing charges apply and the welcome pack will have all the information.

I said to the lady, so your computer system cannot tell me anything about my account and I am having to await for a letter to arrive to find such information out. She then put me on hold and informed me my Our Power Rates apply until 1st April and I will have to await the welcome pack to find out more

There computer says no!

Absolute joke tbh and this already has put me of the company
    Aspiring to be financially independent.... from my parents!
  • Hi Starbrite,
    I still haven’t received a welcome pack / rather exact details as to what I’m paying for kWh for gas & electricity.

Interesting they’re quick to state “zero standing charge” but fail to mention that Utilita do charge extortionate rates like 30.025p / kWh for electricity & 17.836p / kWh for gas. Certainly, so on one tariff I looked at, but hey standing charge is zero.

Noop, doesn’t sound like a company I could trust or want to deal with.

I wonder if Our Power rates apply for all customers because it hasn’t been stated on their first letter? (I'll be giving them a phone)
  • Hi bonus2010,

Yes she was very quick to mention the no standing charge and also explain to me what it means. Was mentioned a few times throughout the call.

Having done a quote on their website I am coming in at £33.37 more a year for my electricity. There appears to be two unit rates, one of 30.442p and 15.376p, no idea when they apply what they mean etc, no doubt the 30.442 applies 23 hours and 55 mins of the day and the other for the 5 min

But hey there is no standing charge!

The only company to be coming up cheaper than Our Power on these comparison sites, Energy Helpline Uswitch and moneysupermarket is a company called E, yet when I go directly to their site the cost jumps from an estimated £195 a year to £249.23 a year - £29.95 more than Our Power.

I have even looked at the MSE Cheap Energy Club again E is top there with Bulb a close 2nd at £258 a year

I believe I am on £227.60 a year for my electric, is hard to be precise as only with Our Power since October.

I am half thinking about Octopus Energy, I like the sound of their Super Green Octopus tariff, if it is 100% true, they thought of no carbon footprint electric appeals to me, Those poor polar bears. They are coming in at £219.15 per year which is cheaper than Our Power by £8.45 a year.

Sorry I have gone into one, I think I am talking myself through my options....
  • Fyne
    Fyne Posts: 52 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I have just received an email confirming I will be on Our Power tariff rates until 1st April, no rates quoted, but at least it's something in writing.
  • @Fyne
    I just phoned Utilita again this morning (yesterday their computer was down for maintenance), and she also told me that they're honouring Our Power's rates until further notice. She couldn't tell me until when , and I haven't received an email though.

Good to know you've had something in writing.
  • Starbrite
    Starbrite Posts: 947 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 25 February 2019 at 1:33PM
    I got my welcome pack!! Blow me down with a feather....

So it arrived on Sat 23rd Feb, and it is so informative I feel overwhelmed with the information provided.... Can you sense the sarcasm?

All I get was a Welcome to Utilita Energy 'letter' is not even A4 size, it is the size of A4 when it has been folded 3 times to fit into an envelope!

My Tariff is Smart Energy

Elec;
    Varaible, two unit rates 30.442p and 15.376p

Gas; Variable again two unit rates 18.006p and 3.875p - I do not have Gas with them, mine is with Ebico. Its a standard leaflet they have sent

Ah unit rate 1 (30.442) is collected for first 2 kWh of energy or 2 kWh of gas used per day, unit rate 2 (15.376p) applies for all of remaining kWh of elec or gas used in the day.

But there are no Standing Charges :rotfl:

Also got a thick booklet all about Smart Energy and smart meters they also give weekly rewards for being with them....
  • Still not received my Welcome pack from Utilita and if they're not quick enough with it they'll need to change it to a "Goodbye Pack" because I initiated a switch back to ScottishPower a fortnight or so ago... not went smoothly but they've managed to get the gas switched over but not the electricity, so SP's re-applied to switch over electricity again.............if Utilita writes to me and asks me why I left them feedback, I'll need to say its because I love standing charges so much ! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure