Tell us you cash ISA questions

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,929 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Campoverde wrote: »
    I moved back to UK in August 2018. Having lived abroad for 10yrs
    How can I apply for a better cash isa than the one I have.
    Perhaps I'm missing something here but surely the answer is:
    1. Find better cash ISA than the one you have.
    2. Apply.
    Info about the best buys in the market is available at https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/best-cash-isa/, make sure you pick a product that accepts transfers if you're wanting to move existing funds from old ISA to new one....
  • The trouble I have when I try to get an isa or better current account they want my address for the past year and before and when I say spain they won't accept me ?? I have an account with lloyds I've had for years . But their rates are rubbish.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,929 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Campoverde wrote: »
    The trouble I have when I try to get an isa or better current account they want my address for the past year and before and when I say spain they won't accept me ?? I have an account with lloyds I've had for years . But their rates are rubbish.
    I can understand lack of complete UK address history being more of an issue for current accounts, because of the need for a credit check, but wouldn't have anticipated this being so problematic for savings accounts such as ISAs - which ISA providers have you tried so far?
  • HI,

I'd like to know if its possible to close out an ISA accounts after a while (maybe in a few years) and maybe look at some other form of investment with that money gained OR does this involve any downsides?
  • John_Nimi wrote: »
    HI,

I'd like to know if its possible to close out an ISA accounts after a while (maybe in a few years) and maybe look at some other form of investment with that money gained OR does this involve any downsides?

Cash ISAs can be transferred to S&Ss ISAs, that’s what we did with our last one about 10 years ago, have not seen the point of holding cash ISAs since then.
  • Hello Team, a query please, So if i open a fixed ISA cash now in February, for example the shawbrook one, will i be able to withdraw/close after April without any extra charges or is that money locked for the year from opening the ISA?
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,240 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Geronimo83 wrote: »
    Hello Team, a query please, So if i open a fixed ISA cash now in February, for example the shawbrook one, will i be able to withdraw/close after April without any extra charges or is that money locked for the year from opening the ISA?
    Money cannot be locked up within ISAs. Providers must allow access, but they may charge a penalty for breaking a fix, and most do.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,200 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    John_Nimi wrote: »
    HI,

Your similar question answered in your thread here

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5963609
  • Thank you, so what happens to the fixed ISA cash when the new tax year starts if only opened three months ago?:o
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,240 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Geronimo83 wrote: »
    Thank you, so what happens to the fixed ISA cash when the new tax year starts if only opened three months ago?:o
    Nothing happens to it. It remains fixed until the end of the term.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback