Solarplicity: Add your feedback

Comments

• brads39
    brads39 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Thanks, TSB are refunding last direct debit from Feb. I am still about seven quid out of pocket but i will live with that.
  • lewisa
    lewisa Posts: 301 Forumite
    brads39 wrote: »
    Thanks, TSB are refunding last direct debit from Feb. I am still about seven quid out of pocket but i will live with that.

Email them to tell them what you have done.

Solarplicity seem to have a problem with February :rotfl:

24glmxf.jpg
  • Impossible to get hold of, no one seems to have control or ownership of problems and the first uninitiated query I received from SOLARPLICITY was a Credit Controller chasing up unpaid debts of £200...which leads me to ask why they just stopped taking my direct debit in the first place.
    It has taken me over a year to switch to them (Jul 17 - Still not quite sorted in Aug 18) and in the meanwhile other promises are broken, such as the LED lights which were part of the attraction of joining. In fact, the fixed rate tariff has expired before the queries over accounts, rates, standing orders and undelivered opening offers were delivered!
    As I currently wait for coming up to an hour on the phone, unable to contact my "Personal Customer Champion", I don't hold out much hope of getting my queries resolved today.
    They could be good and I like their ethics...I like their zero rate standing charge but I .just don't expect anything that isn't instantly soluble on the website to ever get resolved!
    Goodness knows what will happen when I put in my request to leave over this coming weekend!
  • Inigo_Montoya
    Inigo_Montoya Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I waited over an hout to speak to someone a few days ago - its not a freephone number either (local rate) & I dont have a call plan that includes free local calls
  • brads39
    brads39 Posts: 20 Forumite
    I just got an email from them telling me the refund was being processed. It was a response to an email I had sent to them in June. I presume they have sent this as they will have received notification from my bank about the direct debit I asked my bank to claim back.
  • lewisa
    lewisa Posts: 301 Forumite
    You've done well there, only waiting 2 to 3 months for a response to an email. That's quick by Solarplicity standards :rotfl:

I wouldn't worry. If they do actually process the refund seperately to the DD guarantee and you end up owing them money, just ask them to send through a new final bill and pay them.
  • On July 19th I had this automatic response from Solarplicity:

The Customer Champion initiative has now ended. You do not need to resend your email as it has been automatically forwarded to our contact centre and will be dealt with as quickly as possible.

Well they have never replied and I have emailed 'the team' on three separate occasions and still no reply, As to contacting them by telephone, it's a complete joke as they never answer the phone.
    This is the worst firm I have ever dealt with in my life. I have used 'resolver' now to try to sort out my problem.

They are supposed to be coming to fit my smart gas meter next Monday but despite being told I would receive a confirmation email I have heard nothing. They failed to turn up the first time to fit my electricity smart meter and I was promised a £30 credit, that was 5 months ago and still no credit. Personally I think they will be one of the next businesses to go to the wall.
  • DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME with Solarplicity. They are virtually impossible to contact by phone, ignore your emails, and ultimately lied to me by saying they were unable to proceed with the switch because my current supplier had objected. In fact my current supplier had received no contact from Solarplicity and have informed me that there would not have been any reason to object if the contact had been requested.
    Despite the thousands of terrible reviews I initiated a switch with Solarplicity on 27/07/2018. I sent several emails with queries about the switch which were completely ignored. Solarplicity set a direct debit at least eleven pounds a month higher than my usage dictated and the main thrust of my emails was concerning this. I specifically told them that I did not authorise a payment at that level but they went ahead and debited the amount around 23/07/2018. There was no further news about the switch and I continued sending emails and trying to contact them unsuccessfully by phone.
    Eventually Solarplicity emailed on 09/08/2018 saying they were unable to progress the switch as my current supplier had objected when in fact they have not ever contacted my current supplier to request the switch. I did reclaim the direct debit payment through my bank without quibble.
    Of course, because of the length of time that Solarplicity took to do nothing, I went onto my supplier's standard rate. So as well as costing me an enormous amount of wasted time they have cost me money again.
    Thankfully the switch has not gone through. Solarplicity's lack of action and duplicity have saved me from another twelve-month of agony trying to deal with their non-existent customer service
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 August 2018 at 6:46AM
    BUY A TICKET FOR TITANIC 2 BEFORE YOU GET ON THIS SINKING WRECK OF A FIRM.
    After six months of hell, I have finally given up and gone back to Ebico.
    A fictitious electricity meter with an equally fictitious reading and debit applied to my account.
    All because they didn't realise they had swapped the last two digits of the MPAN.
    Finally added the RIGHT meter, BUT... KEPT the WRONG meter AND THE DEBIT AS WELL (TWO meters for a flat ).
    UNTIL THIS MONDAY - SOME 83 (YES, 83!) EMAILS, A REFERRAL TO THE OMBUDSMAN AND A VERY STRONGLY WORDED EMAIL TO THE "CEO" LATER - THE VERY DAY I SWITCHED BACK.

SELL YOUR CHILDREN TO PAY YOUR EXISTING COMPANY BEFORE YOU GO ANYWHERE NEAR THIS MESS.
  • RigPig683 wrote: »
    BUY A TICKET FOR TITANIC 2 BEFORE YOU GET ON THIS SINKING WRECK OF A FIRM.
    After six months of hell, I have finally given up and gone back to Ebico.
    A fictitious electricity meter with an equally fictitious reading and debit applied to my account.
    All because they didn't realise they had swapped the last two digits of the MPAN.
    Finally added the RIGHT meter, BUT... KEPT the WRONG meter AND THE DEBIT AS WELL (TWO meters for a flat ).
    UNTIL THIS MONDAY - SOME 83 (YES, 83!) EMAILS, A REFERRAL TO THE OMBUDSMAN AND A VERY STRONGLY WORDED EMAIL TO THE "CEO" LATER - THE VERY DAY I SWITCHED BACK.

SELL YOUR CHILDREN TO PAY YOUR EXISTING COMPANY BEFORE YOU GO ANYWHERE NEAR THIS MESS.

Let's look on the bright side.

It seems your experience of this supplier has brought you back to MSE after almost 3 years absence. And you got up at early doors too to make this post :)

Posts like yours are invaluable to this site, and this site relies upon posters like yourself to ensure it does not die.

Let's hope now you have resumed posting on this site, we can all look forward to more informative & invaluable posts from yourself in the near future :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure