MSE News: Energy firm Iresa ceases trading - here's what it means for customers

Comments

• Many ex Iresa customers are likely to be taking more notice of customer service ratings in future as they will understand the need.

I wasn't entirely sure what I would be paying but found getting a quote easy enough or is that too complicated for you. It would have taken less time than writing your posts on here.
    You'll be able to leave within weeks. I doubt they'll miss you.

Thank you for your personal disparagement.

I know many happy ex Iresa customers who suffered no problem whatsoever with Iresa customer services. Sadly, none were polled for their ratings.

I do not require a quotation. I am currently tied via an undisclosed contract.

Perspicua vera non sunt probanda.
  • t0rt0ise
    t0rt0ise Posts: 4,269 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I agree with fairplayer. It would have been very easy for them to have given us the kwh price and standing charge price instead of expecting us to go hunting for it. Not good customer service at all.

Edit: I don't need a personal quote, just the price.
  • Daytona
    Daytona Posts: 71 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've sneakily logged in to my new Octopus account and see that the electricity tariff Economy 7 user are on is Flexible Octopus June 2018 v1 (IRESA Flex 5 Jan 2019 comparison in brackets) -

Day rate 15.96p per kWh (+36%)
    Night rate 8.94p per kWh (+7%)
    Standing charge 18.81p per day (-3%)

So all in all, a 14% price increase for me.

Since OFGEMs Supplier of Last Resort means that there is no disincentive to choose unsustainable suppliers I'll continue to switch to the cheapest. IRESA worked well for me, a smooth transfer and accurate direct debits.
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    fairplayer wrote: »

I know many happy ex Iresa customers who suffered no problem whatsoever with Iresa customer services. Sadly, none were polled for their ratings.

Perspicua vera non sunt probanda.
    Its unfortunate Ofgem didn't ask you or your friends although there would be no need if they are receiving excessive amounts of complaints about Iresa. As you said, Perspicua vera non sunt probanda.
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    t0rt0ise wrote: »
    It would have been very easy for them to have given us the kwh price and standing charge price instead of expecting us to go hunting for it.
    The prices differ depending on area. A link to their tariffs and clearly naming the new tariff rather than referring to "our cheapest tariff" would have been much clearer.
    https://octopus.energy/tariffs/
    Flexible Octopus June 2018 v1
  • t0rt0ise
    t0rt0ise Posts: 4,269 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 August 2018 at 9:39AM
    I've just got into my new account. My address is strange with the road written three times. It also has the electricity prices but no mention of gas. Not that I can't find them but I wonder if they've forgotten about gas. In the Iresa account gas wasn't updated to 1st August like elec was.
  • Dont under any circumstance try Together energy as an alternative, nearly tried Iresa last year but the poor reviews put me off, wish I had gone with them, cant believe they are as bad as Together energy, 10 months now, 25+ phone calls, 60+ emails, succesful claim through the Ombudsman and still no invoice, the only thing that worked was to get hold of an operative threaten to send letters to his directors and to bombard review sites with negative ( but truthful) reviews. Recieved first invoice last week suggesting I was £700 in debit, further phone calls generated a second bill showing me £90 in credit. This company is going the same way as Iresa I'm sure
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    t0rt0ise wrote: »
    I've just got into my new account. My address is strange with the road written three times. It also has the electricity prices but no mention of gas. Not that I can't find them but I wonder if they've forgotten about gas. In the Iresa account gas wasn't updated to 1st August like elec was.

Have you been sent log in details?
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 August 2018 at 10:14AM
    Daytona wrote: »
    I've sneakily logged in to my new Octopus account and see that the electricity tariff Economy 7 user are on is Flexible Octopus June 2018 v1 (IRESA Flex 5 Jan 2019 comparison in brackets) -

Day rate 15.96p per kWh (+36%)
    Night rate 8.94p per kWh (+7%)
    Standing charge 18.81p per day (-3%)

So all in all, a 14% price increase for me.

Since OFGEMs Supplier of Last Resort means that there is no disincentive to choose unsustainable suppliers I'll continue to switch to the cheapest. IRESA worked well for me, a smooth transfer and accurate direct debits.
    Just done the same.
    SuiDreams wrote: »
    Have you been sent log in details?
    Go to the Octopus log in page. https://octopus.energy/login/
    Click "Set up your on line account".
    Use e-mail you used with Iresa / Octopus have been contacting you with.
    Octopus will send an e-mail with link to create password.
    Create password and sign into account.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Just did as suggested and set up online account with Octopus. Noticed the "Daily blog" re Iresa customers. Not particularly impressive as it blames Iresa for the ills of the world! and hasn't been updated since Monday!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure