Marbles decreased credit limit

Comments

• SidsWife wrote: »
    There's no need to be so rude to me. If I apply for another card, I'll get a starting limit of 500 which doesn't help that I've just lost nearly 2k.

Not sure if that was directed at me?
    Sorry, didn't think I was being rude.

It depends on the card what limit you will receive, I would run the eligibility checker and see what it comes up with. If your credit history isn't great then you may start off with a lower limit but it doesn't sound as if your history is bad ... you might be surprised, it's only a soft search so won't affect your Credit, you've got nothing to lose at this stage.
  • Are you able to get support from your university student services on the grounds of temporary severe financial hardship?

Have you got a student overdraft? Maybe you could dip into that?
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Hi, no that wasn't to you, sorry. My credit history is not good, but since taking out the credit builder it's been getting gradually better. I just hope that whatever they mean my compensating me they could maybe get my money back and i can just pay them off in smaller installments.
  • ndf9876
    ndf9876 Posts: 404
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Maybe I'm missing something, but what I get from the original post is that you use the card for your everyday spending, then pay it off with your student loan. Is that right?

If so, I don't understand the problem here. You get your student loan and use that, instead of the card.

I don't understand why you need the credit card at all, unless you are spending more than you are receiving in income - in which case, the "Debt Free Wannabee" board might be the place to go next for advice.
  • Are you able to get support from your university student services on the grounds of temporary severe financial hardship?

Have you got a student overdraft? Maybe you could dip into that?

I can't get a student overdraft unfortuantely, and the uni hardship fund doesnt open until October.
  • Are you able to get part-time work to supplement your income?
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • ndf9876 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing something, but what I get from the original post is that you use the card for your everyday spending, then pay it off with your student loan. Is that right?

If so, I don't understand the problem here. You get your student loan and use that, instead of the card.

I don't understand why you need the credit card at all, unless you are spending more than you are receiving in income - in which case, the "Debt Free Wannabee" board might be the place to go next for advice.

I took it out as it;s a credit builder. Since having it, my credit score has increased significantly, so it was all going really well until this happened. A person I spoke to from the company 4 weeks ago told me that it was a good way of doing it and that my account was being managed really well.
  • Are you able to get part-time work to supplement your income?

No, I'm a single parent, and already pay out more than I can afford in childcare to cover uni time. I'm just trying really hard to finish my degree and get myself out of this situation.
  • Marbles is a New Day card, they also run Aqua and a couple of others, I think. They did exactly the same to me when I did a balance transfer and cleared my balance, their thought process was that I didn't need the cash as I hadn't used the card for a couple of weeks. Your options are to apply for another card, try using the MSE Credit Club, or to carry on using this one in the hope that they will increase the limit again, October's not too far away and you can apply for Uni funding then so you just need to bide your time.

I kind of get the impression that New Day don't like it if their customers pay the card off or pay more than the minimum balance, they aren't making money out of these kinds of customers. Personally, I wouldn't touch them again with a barge pole.
  • Did they reinstate your credit limit? Or compensate you? Or easy it not a lot of a money that you missed?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure