Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 8
  • Banquebop
    I ordered 3 fur shrugs and today they tried to deliver them asking for 27 for delivery and I could pay with a cheque or cash!! I do not use cheques and do not carry that amount of money around so I sent him away! I looked at my order and have already paid 20 shipping fee and as the total amount was 108 you can see for 3 shrugs they were not expensive! If I paid 27 plus the 20 I already paid and none of them was any good it would probably cost me the same again to return them so I am out of pocket by 94!!!! I am not taking delivery when they try again on Monday, they can take them back! The trouble is will they take the 27 + the return cost out of the paypal I have paid already? I think I too will be contacting paypal to see if they can help!! Hope this makes sense, I am so angry!!
    • rainbow888
    • By rainbow888 11th Sep 15, 11:15 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rainbow888
    Yes I have just ordered from them. Took weeks to deliver - with no advice as to when the order was dispatched nor any idea of a delivery date. When my order arrived, I had to pay an extra 27 delivery charge (even though I'd already paid a shipping fee when I originally ordered). When I went back to the company to ask about this & obtain a refund for the extra charge, they said it was for 'taxes' which they were unable to estimate in advance. I have paid well over what I was expecting to pay and the quality of the items was lower than expected. Take care with ordering from this company!
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 12th Sep 15, 12:07 AM
    • 18,662 Posts
    • 15,598 Thanks
    wealdroam
    Yes I have just ordered from them. Took weeks to deliver - with no advice as to when the order was dispatched nor any idea of a delivery date. When my order arrived, I had to pay an extra 27 delivery charge (even though I'd already paid a shipping fee when I originally ordered). When I went back to the company to ask about this & obtain a refund for the extra charge, they said it was for 'taxes' which they were unable to estimate in advance. I have paid well over what I was expecting to pay and the quality of the items was lower than expected. Take care with ordering from this company!
    Originally posted by rainbow888
    Please read the response to your other post.
    • planetqwerty
    • By planetqwerty 5th Jun 16, 3:22 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    planetqwerty
    No sign of the items I ordered from them on 15 May, and from the reports here it looks like I'm in for a long wait. Wish I'd checked out their diabolical reputation before parting with payment. Anyone who pays money to "LightInTheBox.com" after reading the reviews here is surely light in the head!
    • disruptive
    • By disruptive 2nd Dec 16, 1:42 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    disruptive
    AVOID, if my experience Oct-Nov 2016 is anything to go by.
    AVOID, if my experience Oct-Nov 2016 is anything to go by.
    I ordered some LED light bulbs, which arrived several weeks later during which time LightInTheBox ignored any request (via online ticket) about whether the order has been shipped and about when if ever I might receive it. Several weeks later the order arrives. Bulbs received have no identifying markings/ratings/branding on them but are less than half the claimed Lumen-output (and fyi half the energy consumption, but it's not the wattage that I am gauging the luminosity by). I am unable to request a refund from lightinthebox for this wrong product, nor to notify them that they are sending out wrong products. Ticket link disappeared for relevant order, not that they ever answered my previous tickets, Plus their website REALLY sucks functionally, which is usually a sign of a mismanaged company.
    • Horlock
    • By Horlock 3rd Dec 16, 10:20 PM
    • 1,006 Posts
    • 214 Thanks
    Horlock
    So far another bad experience.

I've only placed two orders. The one was for a total value of less than 12. I am hoping that if/when that arrives there will not be any customs to pay. If there is then I intend to decline the item and report fraud to the credit card company. There should be no import charges on items worth less than 12 (even if they have been reduced).

The other order, was for a "free item" with a nominal value of about 1. They gave me a voucher for $2 so I ordered my free item. I don't consider this inappropriate as I'm (supposedly) getting the free item in exchange for buying 12 worth of goods. However, they have just written to me to say that my "free item" is out of stock - despite still claiming to have it "in stock" on their website. They claim to have refunded the $2 transaction in the form of a voucher to my account - but the voucher has expired because it only had 48 hours validity from original purchase and they took over 72 hours to notice that the item was "out of stock".

In my opinion this is fraud. Am I going to take a Chinese company to UK court - don't think so. But as they say "once bitten - twice shy" but I will share my experience to save others having the same experience.
    There is no intelligent life out there ... ask any goldfish!
    • Surrealthing
    • By Surrealthing 26th Dec 16, 10:12 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Surrealthing
    Hi,
    Yes I've used them a couple of times with no problems. I did not pay for insurance or tax and received both items just fine.
    • Lightintheboxareascam
    • By Lightintheboxareascam 13th Jun 17, 7:17 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lightintheboxareascam
    I have. It seems at best a place where shoddy good are delivered (see other reviews) and at worst a straight scam. I ordered a chandelier around. 4 months ago and was told it was delivered to the wrong address and that it would be resent, but much later. All nonsense. Now cannot get through to customer service. There is no phone number. I would seriously never ever order anything from this company. I have never written on any forum about things like this so I hope it conveys my sense of being completely ripped off / scammed.
    • Marty.UK
    • By Marty.UK 21st Oct 17, 4:42 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Marty.UK
    From my experience LITB are not a reputable company. The problem I had was not with clothing, but their good were faulty and also inaccurately described. Basically, if something goes wrong you will bear the cost of replacing it, or you must pay the considerable return postage cost and gamble on them receiving them back and refunding you "some" of your money. It is not a risk I will ever take again and I would certainly not recommend using them for something so important as a wedding dress. Without seeing it, there is every possibility that the colour, materials or size will be completely wrong. I have ordered clothing from China before and the sizes were far too small despite the use of a size chart.
    • DeanoV
    • By DeanoV 19th Apr 18, 12:26 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    DeanoV
    Stay away > disgusted >
    I ordered a pair of shoes for my wedding and as the order confirmation came through the estimated delivery was 8-21 working days. This left me with little to no time to know if the shoes would fit and a chance to wear them in ahead of our big day. I immediately emailed the customer service team ( though their contact details are well hidden!!) 10 minutes later. The reply I received said the shoes had already be sent. This was surely a bare faced lie - unless they were tied to a snails back and sent out. I was then told I would have to wait until they arrived and then send them back ( from the UK back to China!!). Again a tactic to force the sale through. They took the money from my account and 14 days later there is no sign of the order. Will never use this company again.
    • DEBZEE7
    • By DEBZEE7 27th Sep 18, 9:59 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DEBZEE7
    lightinthebox dont buy beware
    i just bought a veil for a wedding end of october it was covered in diamantes gorgeous but when we got it there was hardly any stones, i asked them to send me another one they said no i have to return that one then they will send me another one or i can pay for another one and risk getting the wrong one again....please note i have to pay the return postage despite it being their fault....i had also ordered two dresses which i cancelled as they cannot be trusted.
    i asked paypal to intervene and asked for a partial refund so i can get some stones and put them on and the they said i have to return it for a refund.....it makes no sense, i also complained to lightinthebox supervisor and they were just as useless.
    bad experience would definitley not use them ever again in fact i will only now buy from reputable platforms where there is a come back i am shocked at paypal as well but i am not returning it as it is not financially worth it.i have left negative feedback where ever i can...typical foreign company
    • rahatul
    • By rahatul 2nd Oct 18, 11:30 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rahatul
    I wouldn't recommend lightinthebox, my brother bought from them and like so many others he had the worst time getting his money back and the quality wasn't what he expected!
    • AndyF76
    • By AndyF76 22nd May 19, 1:50 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AndyF76
    Do not buy anything from this company
    Do not buy anything from this company, when you contact them to return something. They offer you a 50% refund and to keep the product instead.
    If you dont want this, they string you along for days until you finally find out you have to send the product back to Poland.
    If you decide that you cant be bothered anymore they refuse the 50% refund

This company are shocking!!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,812Posts Today

8,309Users online

Martin's Twitter