Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 3
    • anderson8
    • By anderson8 4th Dec 09, 9:56 AM
    • 1,137 Posts
    • 2,040 Thanks
    anderson8
    So many fake comments on this topic, as you can see so many china people who work for this company has given good reports about themself

I orderd a PS3 from this company and the games was fake and the system didnt even work !!

I tried to get my money back from them by putting a paypal claim in and I LOSE the claim , and lost the money.

I have also found some bad reports on this forum -

wholesaledropshippingforums.co.uk

: rotfl:
    Originally posted by topsalers
    Anyone else note the suspicious choice of language in this post??

Sabotage from another company perhaps??!!:confused:
  • EastCoastGirl
    My Rational
    Well I considered long and hard buying a dress from LightintheBox and I just ordered mine yesterday. I saw a lot of good and a lot of bad reviews. I figured I can take the risk with a cheaper dress and if it doesn't work out I can sell it on ebay. I think one thing you need to appreciate is that if you order your dress in a store it comes from the same factory as the LightintheBox dress, they are ALL made in China (see Bridal Bargains book by the Fields), so probability of them being screwed up, being low quality, whatever is the same. I KNOW people who ordered dresses at salons and they came in in wrong sizes, wrong fabrics and etc. sometimes you get a size too big and then it means you have to shell out at least $300 on alterations, but if you get too small you are screwed. The Fields in their book tell you that dresses are lazer cut en masse, so I figured, I have smaller chance of a screw up if I get a cookie cut dress rather than sending them my exact measurements, the dress I ordered should just fit me, if not, I might have to lose 5 pounds but I would love to do that and considering I am 20 pounds heavier than I was just a couple of years ago, I know I can. Fingers crossed.

Along with the dress I ordered a bunch of accessories which would cost at least $100 more in US retail than in China. So my $60 shipping was basically earned back, considering I get the accessories, because they are all one size fits all so little worry about them not working out. My dress was $200 so not terribly bad. You can also find cute dresses at Jcrew and Nordstrom, they won't have anything puffy with corsets, but they have some nice ones for just a few hundred dollars.

I will return and update this once I actually receive my order. Good luck girls!
  • mai_tai
    If it's any help, my sister got married at the end of November and her dress was from light in the box. It arrived very quickly and was beautiful, a lot nicer than some of the ones she had tried in bridal shop and only cost a fraction of those too.

She also ordered our bridesmaid dresses from there and they turn out to be very good quality and the were a perfect fit as she had ordered them made to measure.
    I was dubious about these type of companies before but after seeing how well my sisters dress turned out, I am ordering one for my wedding next year.
    Sealed Pot Challenge #338
    1170 to go to be debt free
    • Taadaa
    • By Taadaa 18th Jan 10, 11:59 AM
    • 2,007 Posts
    • 3,309 Thanks
    Taadaa
    I think the issue is they are very inconsistent in the quality. I personally would not risk my dress from there, it's just not worth it.
    I have had many Light Bulb Moments. The trouble is someone keeps turning the bulb off

1% over payments on cc 3.5/100 (March 2014)
  • trufflecat_123
    hi there, we ordered my sisters wedding dress from them, and ordered by size not personal measurements as these from what i have read come up wrong fairly often. Go by dress size and if you do need to do measurements add an extra inch as this can be pinned in if worst comes to worst. it was a beautiful dress and at 110 looked as if it cost that with an extra 0 on the end. happy shopping!
  • frannyann
    This whole thread needs to be removed, it just attracts SPAM like flies to a pile of ..............................................
    Ahahah got my signature removed for claiming MSE thought it was too boring
  • Great Hairdresser
    Mine has arrived too and I couldnt be happier, it is lovely, I have made a few changes (white zip in champagne dress!!!) plus I ordered the bigger size (thought if it was bigger rather than smaller it could be changed) so needs a few inches taken of the waste, but nothing I cant handle.

All in all pleased as punch and all for under 100. yipee
    I am pleased to give hairdressing help or advice, but a thank you doesn't go a miss.
  • hayleythedaisy
    Just bumping this up to the top.
    Bump due 22nd September
  • moutain
    Great.At present more and more goods wholesale from China.And the products' quality is nice,the price is low.As to me,I'm a digital fans,So I had ordered some electronics from www. electronicb2c.com who also wholesale from China.These goods are amazing and the company's service try to make me satisfy...
    • lindaatno9
    • By lindaatno9 14th Apr 10, 7:50 AM
    • 2,065 Posts
    • 1,611 Thanks
    lindaatno9
    Just bumping this up to the top.
    Originally posted by hayleythedaisy
    I think there needs to be a new thread to get rid of all this spamming.

Many companies have google alerts set up so the minute their company is mentioned they can get straight to it. What I think is sad is that they have a feedback score but still need to comment in places like this. This company is so big it shouldn't need to send out people with 1 post to give a good review when someone is saying otherwise. If they are that good, why do they need to worry about 1 or 2 people who aren't happy? You can't please everyone.
  • fly dragon fly
    I bought a mobile phone for my daughter from lightinthebox, good value for money and good customer service. I have however since returned the phone as my daughter broke the touch screen and the company offered to fix it for a very reasonable price, the phone has yet to be returned to me though. communication between me and the company has been good so i`m not worried.....yet
    Originally posted by floetry

this piece of spam made me laugh out loud!

• magicgirl
    • By magicgirl 14th Apr 10, 3:15 PM
    • 581 Posts
    • 2,155 Thanks
    magicgirl
    Sorry in advance if this attracts more of the dreaded spam...

I read thru this thread and many others on various forums when needing three childrems bm/fg dresses. The reason i went with the company mentioned is for two reasons. One, if the goods arrived, i would make a substantial saving. Two, I was in a position where I could afford to lose 'X' amount and still have something as a standby. To overcome this amount i could afford to lose, I ordered the first dress (for the baby) and awaited its arrival. I actually breathed a sigh of relief when it arrived. I couldn't really fault it and it was the right colour etc. I have since seen the same colour swatch on my mothers computer and it looks a lot darker so maybe a tip would be to get the brightness right up before looking at colour swatches as they are more likely to be accurate then.. (not if tehy get the colour wrong obviously like others have mentoned but I hope you understand what i mean?!)

The other things is that I ordered during chinese new year and expected excuse after excuse and delay after delay. Neither came. I received my goods within four weeks of ordering. Same with the second 'batch' that I ordered. I was more nervoius second time around cos I knew what i was expecting and thankfully, four weeks later, I received my beloved dresses. the two lots were sent by different couriers each time but the dresses were fab. This doesn't neccesarily mean i would reccommend them though. I know how apprehensive i felt when waiting for them and realised that if it wasn't what i wanted, there was little protection i had. If you use a credit card, you may receve extra protection under credit terms but not sure how far that expands in terms of geography. I wouldn't wish those nerves on anyone but I should also confess that I have a nervous disposition at the best of times. I will be going thru all this again to order my wedding dress but i am getting that from milly.. on a reccomendation. I think that while i was willing to take the gamble for childrens dresses, and over the moon that i did, I am not sure I would put the same faith in them for an adults/custom sized dress. I ordered the childrens standard sizes as i know mine will grow in the next six months.

Anyway, just thought i would share...
    Proud to be Member of BSC #92

Hoping to get debt free again

working hard to make my daughters proud
  • jackwrn
    Lightinthebox is OK, I have bought some cell phones on that site.
    • lindaatno9
    • By lindaatno9 23rd Apr 10, 2:44 PM
    • 2,065 Posts
    • 1,611 Thanks
    lindaatno9
    Originally posted by jackwrn
    Lolol, yep, cell phones look lovely in wedding pictures. Think they may be a little stiff to wear however.
  • frannyann
    Originally posted by jackwrn

Is getting boring now!
    Ahahah got my signature removed for claiming MSE thought it was too boring
    • Maydot
    • By Maydot 17th Jun 10, 12:33 PM
    • 195 Posts
    • 164 Thanks
    Maydot
    Dear Mary2011,

Thank you so much for making your 4 posts in such a small amount of time. The ladies (and men) using this forum to chat about WEDDING planning will find the phone you advertised so useful in planning their special day. Do you do them in white or ivory to match a wedding dress? My colour scheme is lilac and ivory and all trims are silver so I would need a phone that matched in exactly. I would probably need one for the Groom, Bestman and Ushers too (again...must match my colour scheme) so we could keep in contact during that long walk down the aisle.

Anyway, thanks again for being so helpful and for your kind offer to book my hotel and pick me up from the airport (is this to collect my phone?) I'm truly touched
  • Mrs Moore To Be
    Dear Mary2011,

Thank you so much for making your 4 posts in such a small amount of time. The ladies (and men) using this forum to chat about WEDDING planning will find the phone you advertised so useful in planning their special day. Do you do them in white or ivory to match a wedding dress? My colour scheme is lilac and ivory and all trims are silver so I would need a phone that matched in exactly. I would probably need one for the Groom, Bestman and Ushers too (again...must match my colour scheme) so we could keep in contact during that long walk down the aisle.

Anyway, thanks again for being so helpful and for your kind offer to book my hotel and pick me up from the airport (is this to collect my phone?) I'm truly touched
    Originally posted by Maydot
    Got Married on 30/4/11
    Joined SW 12/7/12...
    -4.5, -3 (1/2 Stone award), STS, -1.5, STS, -2 (SOTW)
    • lindaatno9
    • By lindaatno9 17th Jun 10, 2:45 PM
    • 2,065 Posts
    • 1,611 Thanks
    lindaatno9
    Dear Mary2011,

Originally posted by Maydot
    WARNING!!!!!! DO NOT DRINK TEA WHILE READING THIS RESPONSE. FLUID DOES NOT WORK WELL WITH A KEYBOARD!!!
    Classic Maydot
  • BeckyArch
    ha ha ha ha!

although now i'm seriously considering bringing out a range of bridal mobile phones...i'm sure some people would want them....
    Now a married lady and loving it! Now..to clear that pesky mortgage!
    • clearing_out_my_pockets
    • By clearing_out_my_pockets 17th Jun 10, 5:08 PM
    • 2,838 Posts
    • 17,901 Thanks
    clearing_out_my_pockets
    Has anyone else clicked the spam button at the top of this thread?
    Don't worry about typing out my username - Call me COMP

(Unless you know my real name - in which case, feel free to use that just to confuse people!)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,789Posts Today

7,865Users online

Martin's Twitter