Do mortgages have an online management portal?

Do most mortgages have some kind of online portal to manage and view things? I'm thinking something similar to what I have with my bank accounts for online banking?

I've had a mortgage a long while back but it was paper and telephone based with no online element. It'd be great if things have changed now so you get a nice online portal that shows balance remaining with features to overpay and also gives you some tools to play around with "what if" cost projections etc.

Anyway, just wanted to know as this doesn't seem to be the easiest thing to find out if it has improved.

Comments

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    No value in lenders providing such a portal. A mortgage in reality is little more than a loan with a different name.
  • nik_k
    nik_k Posts: 301 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    edited 22 October 2019 at 5:12PM
    It allows you to do these things

Annotation-2019-10-22-170704.jpg
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Some banks include the mortgage if you are a current account customer on their online banking.
  • Zero_Sum
    Zero_Sum Posts: 1,567 Forumite
    My Nationwide one shows in with my online banking & savings
  • Thrugelmir wrote: »
    No value in lenders providing such a portal. A mortgage in reality is little more than a loan with a different name.
    Most loan providers now provide a payment portal that shows how much you've paid and how much you owe, so I doubt this is any different? Is this not what the OP is asking for?

Also, on my Halifax account, because my Pension is through Scottish Widows, it shows on my banking portal :beer:
    The smaller the monkey the more it looks like it would kill you at the first given opportunity.
  • techno79
    techno79 Posts: 354 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Most loan providers now provide a payment portal that shows how much you've paid and how much you owe, so I doubt this is any different? Is this not what the OP is asking for?

Also, on my Halifax account, because my Pension is through Scottish Widows, it shows on my banking portal :beer:

Yes, this is exactly what I mean. Just somewhere online I can see the remaining balance and past transactions. My old mortgage was such a faff to get the current balance for. I'd either have to wait for the annual mortgage report or ring up on their infuriating telephone system in a long queue or a web of telephone menu systems.

Anyway, looks like things have changed a lot which is great.
  • RelievedSheff
    RelievedSheff Posts: 11,282 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Our mortgage is with Kensington and they do provide a customer portal with remaining balance and transactions shown as well as the ability to make extra payments online etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure