Help RE Pre Existing Medical Condition + Over 70s Travel

Options
Hi,

Hoping somebody can anybody advise, I've got an older family member who is going to US shortly for six weeks visiting family. Having assisted with quotes for 70+ and Pre Existing Medical conditions the quotes are higher than I expected (£300-400) having used all well known price comparisons sites i'm considering splitting the trip over two separate insurance companies for 3 weeks each (ensuring there isn't a gap within the trip) does anybody know if this is something that is legal?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• lurkylurky
    Options
    I think you will struggle.

Towergate Insurance says: If you've forgotten to purchase cover prior to your trip don’t worry, we can provide travel insurance while abroad as long as you haven’t been out of the country for more than 17 days, and you haven’t purchased another travel insurance policy for the first part of your trip. We’ll be able to give you the peace of mind you need for up to 31 days from inception.

Staysure’s Eligibility Checker says journey must start and end in the UK.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think £300-£400 too bad for 6 weeks.
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,615 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don’t think that price is bad considering the age and the costs of American health cover which is know to be expensive.
  • Redredrobin
    Options
    lurkylurky wrote: »
    I think you will struggle.

Towergate Insurance says: If you've forgotten to purchase cover prior to your trip don’t worry, we can provide travel insurance while abroad as long as you haven’t been out of the country for more than 17 days, and you haven’t purchased another travel insurance policy for the first part of your trip. We’ll be able to give you the peace of mind you need for up to 31 days from inception.

Staysure’s Eligibility Checker says journey must start and end in the UK.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think £300-£400 too bad for 6 weeks.

AVOID Towergate , my parents have used them for years but 7 weeks before this years holiday my dads appendix had to be removed .They canceled both their travel insurance as deemed him not fit to travel even though the medical staff said otherwise .

They only refunded 50% of the premium .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport