Cross Stitch and Craft Cafe 2019

Comments

• nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Happy belated birthday Coxy sounds like you had lots of good celebrations _party_ I have the big 40 in December, not looking forward to it. Not much to go on PLL or you may have finished it already. I'm still working on the free gift from the latest Crazy mag, just the babs, wreath and a few french knots left, here's the progress so far.

48722493547_74aed30e5f_o.jpg
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,873 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Lovely update nmm :T Gosh how young you are, still in your 30s lol xx
    We had a great time in Venice. Very hot but flaming eaten alive by mosquitoes :eek: DH has 70 bites and I have 30 (yes....we counted...) Went on a couple of trips and one was to Burano where they hand sew lace. It was lovely to see and very similar technique to the course I went on at Hampton Court last year.
    Back to reality (and work) today but just about to get PLL out for a bit of quiet time. DS1 is working away during the week for the next 5 months, DD is doing homework and DS2 is helping at Cubs. DH still trying to get home from work but something up with the signals :(
    Will attempt an update photo in the morning.
    Coxy xx
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • Coxy11
    Sorry for lack of update. Only got 3 hours sleep on Monday night as was woken up to an incident happening on my driveway. Someone smashed up DDs car and also damaged ours. Police didn't attend until 12 noon yesterday so had an unplanned day off from work as had to take DS2 to school and keep DD home. We know who was responsible as DD saw them but as of last night no arrest had been made. Fuming is not the word. DD terrified.
    I managed some stitching late afternoon/ evening which tbh was a most welcome distraction. Millennium wheel almost completed.
    Hope your days were less like an episode of Eastenders than mine :(
    Coxy x
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • nmm
    OMG coxy, glad you are all ok, cars can be replaced that's awful, the police are useless aswell, karma will catch up with them. I've been living with neighbours from hell for the past 9 months, daily drug taking, loud noise, arguments, fighting all of it, police attended loads of times, no-one ever arrested thankfully they finally got evicted on Monday, peace at last.
  • Coxy11
    Morning all,
    Update on domestic situation is that Police arrested and charged DDs ex on Wednesday, although he has no bail conditions and is out and about and posting on social media as only 17. I give up! nmm - that sounds like a nightmare with your neighbours - no wonder you are considering living on a boat!
    I have completed the Millennium Wheel bar the pods - hoping to finish those later. Can see this being finished by next weekend if I crack on. No word from the framers, so he's obviously very busy but that's fine as I'm in no hurry to pay out £198!
    Might ask my Mum if she wants to go to Ally Pally with me in October. I wasn't going to go but I don't spend a lot of time with her, so it might be a nice day out for us both. Will be phoning her tomorrow so we will see. Obviously I need no more stash but if I go I will no doubt buy something!
    Yarndale is next weekend and I'm sad to once again miss it as we are at the theatre on Saturday and DDs 18th meal on Sunday. nmm - shall we try to have a meet up there next year if we can? If we plan far enough ahead it could actually happen lol. Other caf! members most welcome if you're reading along!
    Plans for today include a much needed haircut and the usual washing and tidying. SCD tonight plus stitching. We are also trying to put together a photo book for DD - left to the last minute but we had a trip down memory lane with the photos last night. So cute!
    Hope you all have a good day.
    Coxy xx
  • nmm
    Coxy, glad to hear he got arrested and charged, sadly though due to his age he'll not get much punishment, so frustrating at times. I'm definitely up for meeting at yarndale next year, we're still toying with the boat idea so I may be living closer by then. The other members of the caf! are on a secret facebook group after the mse picture fiasco, pm me if you're on facebook and i'll add you. Enjoy your weekend, hope the weather is nice with you today and have a good 18th with your DD.

I completed the santa hoop, lots of babs for such a small project, sorry about the picture taken at night with rubbish lighting. Now working on a 70th card for my mums OH, it's a rangers football shirt with his name and 70 on it, I hope he likes it.

48768555673_fc4204f9f5_o.jpg
  • Coxy11
    Hi all,
    Lovely update nmm - how's the card coming along?
    This is the latest update on PLL:
    https://flic.kr/p/2hm1a6w

Back later with more news but DH wants the ipad to read the news app!
    Coxy x
  • nmm
    PLL looking good Coxy, I've just got to add his name to the shirt and maybe happy birthday around it, the doggy has been poorly again so progress is slow.
  • nmm
    Completed the card tonight, now to decide what to stitch next

48823324212_9f58c638e6_o.jpg
  • Coxy11
    Hi all,
    Lovely finish nmm - you are super speedy! When is the big birthday? I on the other hand am still to finish PLL and doesn't look like it will be this weekend as we were university visiting today and have family over tomorrow for DDs 18th. Her birthday was Tuesday, so another family celebration last weekend, pub on Tuesday so she could attempt to order a round and be ID'd (unfortunately the lad behind the bar knew her so didn't ask!) and all the busy-ness of this weekend. It will get done.....eventually.....
    Framer has texted to say my little ladies are ready. Will have to pay over the phone and have DSis collect them for me as I will be going to hers on Friday night but after he has shut. Looking forward to seeing the finished result.
    DMum is on holiday and I've decided not to go to Ally Pally next weekend as have so much stash that it doesn't warrant the time/train fare/ticket price (£17!) Will be starting a Christmas piece after PLL is finished but likelihood is it'll be for Christmas 2020. I still need to frame the gingerbread trio - have the frame but the mount needs cutting down and just haven't had the time.
    Talking of Christmas - are we doing a card exchange and if so who is in? Let me know by 31 October and I'll sort it out.
    I need to knit a raven and a dove for the church Noah's Ark Christmas display - might have to sub that out to DMum who could probably knock them up in an evening. I've realised I need to buy the right needles for the task and would probably only use them the once which isn't very MSE!
    Hope you all have a good evening/weekend. Looking forward to SCD (whilst ironing...….)
    Coxy xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure