Good and Bad Buying at Lidl and Aldi (***Please don't expire***)

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • pws52
    pws52 Posts: 183 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    After Tesco value oats changed in quality I started buying Aldi oats and was impressed on two counts....the quality and the paper packaging.
    However, packaging has been changed to plastic and the quality has deteriorated.

I have tried to email customer services but the message won’t send.

Looks like the remainder of the oats will be used for baking!
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    pws52 wrote: »
    Ring then, and persevere for the greater good please. The same happened to me last week when I let them know about excess plastic packaging - reported the email problem then as well but it would appear to be an enduring problem.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • sparky0138
    sparky0138 Posts: 484 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    After Tesco value oats changed in quality I started buying Aldi oats and was impressed on two counts....the quality and the paper packaging.
    However, packaging has been changed to plastic and the quality has deteriorated.

I completely agree. Have you tried the new oats that come in a box? The quality of those is a lot more like the oats that came in paper. Definitely don't recommend the oats in plastic as a replacement.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,217 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic

Looks like the remainder of the oats will be used for baking!

May not be handy, but the Lidl oats are nice & come in paper bags
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • pws52
    pws52 Posts: 183 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks Farway, I have had Lidl oats before and found them to be ok.
    I will be visiting a Lidl tomorrow and will stock up.

VfM4meplease.
    I have phoned Aldi Customer Services to explain the difficulty in sending an email, disappointment at the change in packaging and in the quality of the product.
    My comments are to be passed on to the relevant people.

Sparky0138....I will try your recommendation. Thank you.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,583 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Farway wrote: »
    May not be handy, but the Lidl oats are nice & come in paper bags

Thanks for that. I think it was a retrograde step when Aldi stopped doing that, changed to Mornflake Oats and now their own brand has returned but in plastic.

Just giving a heads up that a voucher for Lidl (£10 off a £40 shop) is to be in The Times on Saturday and the Sunday Times.

Last time they did this IIRC, you couldn't use the voucher at the weekend but we'll see when it's printed.

I plan to go there on Saturday to try to get some muesli. Then I'll return midweek with y voucher and stock up on porage;) and cornichons and lazy garlic and dishwasher stuff and whatever else I like in Lidl.

Who knows I might even introduce DH to a Portuguese tart.:D
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I've tasted the nun's wares and honestly I prefer a genuine Bakewell tart.

They are Bakewell Puddings for the genuine thing.
  • lucky77
    lucky77 Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks to maman for heads up on Lidl voucher - £10 off £40 spend. It is valid from today so you can use it for muesli offer etc as I did. I think it was valid until 11th April.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure