IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Resident Parking

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,676 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh it looks like it updated the Housing Act:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2011/20/section/180/enacted
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • markudman
    markudman Posts: 351 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Special thanks to Coupon-mad and thanks to you all
    We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose.
    If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.
  • markudman
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Oh it looks like it updated the Housing Act:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2011/20/section/180/enacted

is this good or bad ?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Just gives you another avenue to complain, but your MP and TS are already to be copied in anyway!
  • markudman
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Right time for a little giggle, this is a reply I got from PCM to the letter Coupon-Mad drafted,

I write in response to your recent email received originally on the 13th February 2018 and forwarded again on the 5th April2018.
    With regards to the letter you have sent to
    , I wish to address a few of the matters you have raised. You refer to Google as a reputable source of the operator's practices. Generally, I would comment that parking enforcement is a contentious industry and the views of the public online, in general, represent a biased view of our company. We are confident that our clients are satisfied with our service in providing parking solutions to landowners. The operator works under direct instruction from the landowner !!!8212; we have full authority to operate on this land and will continue enforcement action on contravening vehicles. This does not constitute trespass.
    Parking Control Management (UK) Ltd always ensure they act in full compliance with relevant legislation, guidelines and industry standards.:rotfl:
    We are not prepared to enter into any further correspondence with either of you unless your cases reach a litigation stage, which the Legal Team are considering pursuing.
  • markudman
    First Anniversary
    edited 7 April 2018 at 5:58PM
    Options
    and my reply to them,

Thank you for your Letter dated 6th April 2018,

I would like to clarify a few details on your letter, and it!!!8217;s OK if you do not reply, as this is only for your attention, so I am clear and being reasonable.

I have no idea why you are talking about SAR? Maybe you just needed something to fill up the page?

I never asked about them and am satisfied that you nearly did as I asked, you did not supply the contract between yourselves and Clarion Housing, hardly a sensitive Document, all the residents would have had to agree to the terms, and has been noted that you are hiding it, maybe for good reason? ( I have asked for this in nearly every commutation with you)

the law requires that leaseholders (including tenants of private sector properties) paying variable service charges must be consulted before a landlord enters into a long-term agreement for the provision of services.

Google is the perfect place to look for a company!!!8217;s reputation, if you actually did what you were hired for, I am sure all the residents would welcome you with open arms

I feel this is one area we will agree on, you are a contentious Company, But as I said in my Letter to
    , you!!!8217;re also an aggressive third-party nuisance,

You have no desire to implement proper parking management and only want to introduce schemes which are hard to use, and which allow you to issue as many parking charges to residents as possible.

The proof being that your Parasites give out tickets at 4am in the morning, not sure you will find many non-residents around at that time in the morning. How is this accountable?

We can argue all day long about you trespassing, but may be better to let a Judge decide that.

It has also been noted that you never commented on all the other parts of the letter, IE: the tenancy agreement and primacy of contract, again maybe there is no argument here?

Parking Control Management (UK) Ltd always ensure they act in full compliance with relevant legislation, guidelines and industry standards.

Where do we start with this one?
    Signage, no planning permission or advertising rights, premium rate number, Credit card charges, Signs hidden, Sighs confusing, signs etc etc
    You may say it!!!8217;s going to take a long time to change all your signs, but you replaced them in January due to them being vandalised over Christmas, but did not change the wording.

Trespassing, Predatory Tactic, giving invoices for parking on the highway, which is not private land, you have no contract with Merton Council, I proof of this in writing from the Council that you
    DO NOT have any contract with them and all parking is inhouse.
    and the list goes on.

As to the litigation, I am looking forward to meeting your company and Gladstones / BW Legal in a court room.
    But this not about me it!!!8217;s about the way you operate your business, I have talked to lots of residents and have not found any happy one!!!8217;s (with the subject of parking / PCM),In fact To be totally open with you I have had a thousand flyers printed and delivered ( I have attached one for your perusal) I have a data base of unhappy residents, it has also been noted that all the invitations you have had to attend a meeting with residents Inc invitations from our local MP, you have attended none, which show you are as being unreasonable to deal with this situation.
    And with a court case behind me it will be a little easier to make my point

And to be very Clear,
    I do not recognise any authority from the parking company you have chosen to impose upon residents. For the avoidance of doubt, I have entered into NO contract with PCM Written or unwritten

Again, Many thanks for your Letter
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Well done for continuing to take the stand you are against this nuisance parasite firm, encroaching on your peaceful enjoyment of your property.

I saw a typo but you may have already sent it?
    commutation
    should be
    communication
  • markudman
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Well done for continuing to take the stand you are against this nuisance parasite firm, encroaching on your peaceful enjoyment of your property.

I saw a typo but you may have already sent it?

should be
    Its going this morning and thank you I will correct it now,
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Signs hidden, Sighs confusing, signs etc etc
    Presume you meant signs, although it made I larf!
  • markudman
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Le_Kirk wrote: »
    Presume you meant signs, although it made I larf!
    It sort made's sense, Sigh
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure