Take over of a business/comany

Comments

• Takeaway_Addict
    Takeaway_Addict Posts: 6,538 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    LEEDASH wrote: »
    Well I'm not wanting any company to keep my job open on the never to return basis,I know i could hand in my notice,which means I would be entitled to any holiday etc,if the company did turn around and terminate in health grounds (which I would think should of happened after a long period) wouldn't I get a notice pay also.
    Surely you would get notice pay when you resign as per your contract anyway?
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
  • Leedash
    Leedash Posts: 441 Forumite
    Tell me more
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    IN many cases full pay during notice even if sick(it's in the employment act).

What notice does the company need to give to you?

What notice do you need to give?

There is an exclusion but chances are it won't apply unless you have very long contractualnotice from the company.
  • Leedash
    So what's the difference between being dismissed on health grounds to just handing in your notice stating that you can no longer carry out duties due to this being sick matter,
    Do I get the same pay ?
    What is a long contractual notice ?
    I would only have to give one weeks notice,
  • Undervalued
    Undervalued Posts: 8,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    So what's the difference between being dismissed on health grounds to just handing in your notice stating that you can no longer carry out duties due to this being sick matter,
    Do I get the same pay ?
    What is a long contractual notice ?
    I would only have to give one weeks notice,

This has largely been covered on your other thread.

However.......

If they give you notice then it is one week per year of service (up to 12), this is the minimum allowed by law. If you give notice then, as you say, it is only a week regardless of length of service. Under most circumstances with sickness they would have to pay you in full for the notice period despite the fact that sick pay has run out.

So, depending on how long you have worked there, you could be giving up 11 weeks pay!

If you are dismissed on health grounds it is generally easier to claim benefits. If you resign the the DWP will likely want proof from your doctor that it was for genuine health reasons.

The longer you remain "on the books" the more holiday pay you accrue. They will have to pay you for most or all of this.

They may also "screw up" your dismissal giving you grounds to make a tribunal claim.

If you resign you lose all of this (except 1 week plus holiday accrued to date).

Unless you have another job to go to there is seldom anything to gain from resigning apart, maybe, from a feeling of "putting it behind you". Only you know if that is worth the financial cost.
  • Leedash
    That's is a good answer and you have put it right,I don't want to leave without the long term service notice,I've done 14 years and counting,I've never been paid sick pay from this company,I was advised by my hr to claim benefit,as they would not pay for me being off.
    I'm just worried currently if it has changed hands I will have to go through the same hr meetings which I've had for the last two years and repeat myself again and again.
    Or I may be just ignored like the last letter/sick notes I have sent them,then I would want to know what to do next.
    'Undervalued' thanks again.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    p00hsticks wrote: »
    What's changed since the last time you posted ?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4948120&highlight=

Thought the username looked familier and the bit about the employer changing.
  • Leedash
    DCFC79 is that a problem,I'm sorry to affend you by posting in another group.
  • AbbieCadabra
    AbbieCadabra Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've never been paid sick pay from this company,I was advised by my hr to claim benefit,as they would not pay for me being off.

they've never paid you SSP? did they give a reason? are you eligble?
  • Leedash
    Yes ssp 28 weeks worth,Long time ago now,but never company sick pay,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills