Tesco Biggest Offer Ever

Comments

• Middy
    Middy Posts: 5,394 Forumite
    faganswife wrote: »
    tescos must be the the most manipulative supermarket ever . " Half price " , but the base price increased to something ridiculous just prior to the product going half price . :mad:

Sometimes at Sainsburys, we have packs of chicken breasts with 'half price' on the packaging and they are £4.50. You be surprised that the number of customers 'fall' for this offer

Who in their right minds pay £9 for 3-4 chicken breasts?
  • skintbint_2
    skintbint_2 Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    anymore info?

bump bump!
    skintbint x
    here's tae us, wha's like us - fell few and and they're a deid"
    10k in 2010/£6988.30-69.88%@29/12/10, 11k in 2011/£897 07.04.11- fell by the wayside!!!
    12k in 2012 - £204.00 @ 4/1/12

do not confuse me with the other skintbint who joined dec2011 - i am the original bint:rotfl:
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just loads of price cuts tonight.

On Wednesday it is loads of 2 for 1 offers etc. Plus the relaunch of the price comparison site, it will be like ASDA where you put a code in from bottom of your receipt and it compares it to ASDA prices. If the shopping would be cheaper you get double the difference back.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • JenniO
    JenniO Posts: 547 Forumite
    seems to have been released as a press release now. Lots of places covering the same story. Here's an example

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=156276700
  • Had a disappointing trip to Tesco today looking for the bargains that have been posted:
    No cheap face wipes - cheapest were around 70p
    No Berberana wine to be seen
    No Surf small and mighty for 51p
    No Finish Quantumatic - Refill x 2 for £1.50 (they were way dearer than that)
    Empty shelf where the two loaves for £1.00 should have been

Only good news was that they accepted my Co-op £2 off voucher after a lot of uming and ahing
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
  • im all for money saving but this is getting a bit stupid now.. i bet tescos will be squeezing their suppliers in order to get cheaper prices and i dont think its fair on the farmers or that its ethical.
    Who would say I couldn't make you mine? You were mine since th' beginning of time. Who would say we were far apart? You ever reside in the core of my heart?
    :A

• darn it I'm back at work on Tuesday thought I would miss all the kerfuffle but if they doing offers Wednesday as well I wont :(
    i'm living in a parallel universe
  • shikoku
    shikoku Posts: 671 Forumite
    Middy wrote: »
    Sometimes at Sainsburys, we have packs of chicken breasts with 'half price' on the packaging and they are £4.50. You be surprised that the number of customers 'fall' for this offer

Who in their right minds pay £9 for 3-4 chicken breasts?

Yes I remember this particular one from a recent online shop, I always look beyond 'half price' to is this a price I'm happy to pay?
    ~*~ If you don't need it, it isn't a bargain ~*~
  • shikoku
    shikoku Posts: 671 Forumite
    im all for money saving but this is getting a bit stupid now.. i bet tescos will be squeezing their suppliers in order to get cheaper prices and i dont think its fair on the farmers or that its ethical.

I was thinking this too, it won't be tesco taking the loss.
    ~*~ If you don't need it, it isn't a bargain ~*~
  • jenniewb wrote: »
    Sorry but isn't every sale/discount event the "biggest ever" whatever the brand?

....Debenhams, Sports Direct, Asda, Ikea......etc etc etc

Yeah, and they must be clairvoyant if they can predict that they won't have an even bigger sale next week/month/year.

They might mean "biggest yet" of course.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure