I've been made redundant

Comments

• Deep_In_Debt
    Deep_In_Debt Posts: 8,579 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    I did claim contributions based JSA for a while, despite receiving a lump sum redundancy payment. As soon as you know you are going to be made redundant, get in touch with the jobcentre so that you can start receiving benefits immediately.

Numpty, do you reckon fermi is checking up on us or stalking us?

Really do hope you find something soon - I'm lucky to live in the "prosperous" (apparently!) south east and there is work around - just have to look for it and be flexible. I'm quite happy temping where I am at the moment and get paid a very good hourly rate for the work I do so will stick at it for a while.
    Debt 30k in 2008.:eek::o Cleared all my debt in 2013 and loving being debt free :)
    Mortgage free since 2014 :)
  • Numpty_Monkey
    Numpty_Monkey Posts: 14,196 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Just filled in the online form thanks izzy and Blue for that:T:beer:

DID i think fermi is a stalker:shhh: :rotfl:
    I even offered to buy him a pint if he went to the DFW Manc meet:confused:

There really isn't that much work for warehouse monkeys around here at the moment, temp or agency unless you can drive, and then not much more:confused:
    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBT NERD #869
    Numpty,Not sure why but I'm crying :o . Of all the peeps on this board you're the kindest & most supportive of all & I'm :mad: & :( for you all at the same time . Wish I was there to give you a big :grouphug: & emergency hobnobs
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • Well now the forms are filled in, you will at least know the answers one way or the other, they will ring you and go through the form, which tbh I found really annoying as it was just going over what I had already completed so I knew what I had done, but anyway, procedures and all that, they then made my appointment for my local job centre. Went to that and it was awful, not from the point of view of what they do, but I just didnt like it, having never signed on before. Got the letter confirming JSA a few days later!

At least its £60.50 a week, better than a poke in the eye, just! Although depending on your circs, there's obviously the possibility of HB, CTB, CTC, but I didnt get any of that cos OH was working....

Hope you find something soon? Have you tried any agencies? I know agency work is a bit thin on the ground at the min but you never know, I used a website called Agency Central, that tells you all your local agencies
  • binnie
    binnie Posts: 995 Forumite
    Good luck with the hunt for a new job. It's terrible at the moment isn't it?
    Hope some good luck comes your way.
    xx
  • Numpty_Monkey
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Well now the forms are filled in, you will at least know the answers one way or the other, they will ring you and go through the form, which tbh I found really annoying as it was just going over what I had already completed so I knew what I had done, but anyway, procedures and all that, they then made my appointment for my local job centre. Went to that and it was awful, not from the point of view of what they do, but I just didnt like it, having never signed on before. Got the letter confirming JSA a few days later!

At least its £60.50 a week, better than a poke in the eye, just! Although depending on your circs, there's obviously the possibility of HB, CTB, CTC, but I didnt get any of that cos OH was working....

Hope you find something soon? Have you tried any agencies? I know agency work is a bit thin on the ground at the min but you never know, I used a website called Agency Central, that tells you all your local agencies

not much better than a poke in the eye:cool:
    Going for housing Benefit, and Council Tax aswell, seems just about all I can claim for
    I'm single:o

Got 1 job application form to fill in already,
    Numpty,Not sure why but I'm crying :o . Of all the peeps on this board you're the kindest & most supportive of all & I'm :mad: & :( for you all at the same time . Wish I was there to give you a big :grouphug: & emergency hobnobs
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • not much better than a poke in the eye:cool:
    Going for housing Benefit, and Council Tax aswell, seems just about all I can claim for
    I'm single:o

Got 1 job application form to fill in already,

:rotfl: No, not a lot better and after having to survive on it for nearly 6 months it doesn't go very far :eek: Luckily OH managed to keep me :D Go for everything you can, why not? That one of the reasons for paying NI every payday!

Brilliant, get it filled in and sent off, let's hope more come your way soon
  • Deep_In_Debt
    Have to say I found it rubbish trying to claim benefits. I'm single as well with a mortgage, et al and only got job seekers allowance after a bit of a fight!

As you say, better than a poke in the eye...but not enough to cover the mortgage etc...

Was told they would consider mortage benefit after 6 months...probably had my house repossessed by then!
    Debt 30k in 2008.:eek::o Cleared all my debt in 2013 and loving being debt free :)
  • HI
    Was told last week our factory was closing for a month, for that month I will not be getting paid will I be entitled to extra money from the goverment, I receive money from tax credits
  • Numpty_Monkey
    Combo Breaker First Post
    from what I saw on the online claim form there was something about temporay lay off or something, sorry wasn't really paying attention to it:o
    If you are off for a month you should be able to claim something:confused:
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • Deep_In_Debt
    Not sure if this answers your questions but from what I understand that if you are made redundant or leave your employment, you are entitled to JSA but you may have to wait for 13 weeks or something until you can claim, but I may have mis-understood or mis-read it.

Bit of a bummer when you've been contributing for the last 25 years...ok, rant over!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport